Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2015, 09:44 AM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Replacement Parts Shipping.

Well I got the call from the dealer this morning to come pickup my unit. It went in for for seven things, five were very minor and fixed two were not so minor (both of which were noted upon delivery). The bedroom slide seal was installed crookedly and has been chewed up, the biggest issue was an out of square stove cover. They are going to have to order parts and I was told that ORV ships warranty parts out in their units in order to save shipping costs!

I don't know if the dealer is blowing smoke up my skirt, or if ORV takes the easy way out in parts shipments to Canada. I manage a Parts dept for a Rolls-Royce dealer and I can get an engine from england in two days, why does it take so long too get parts from a place that I can drive to in a day?

It's not the 2 hours each way to get and drop off my baby, it's not the parts are going to keep me from camping, it's the fact that someone doesn't get customer service.

Sorry for the long post, but in my profession client service is very important and this type of situation is not acceptable.

Rant over, Rick out.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2015, 10:24 AM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
If you don't know the differences in tarrifs and customs issues for Canada, England, and the US, you really don't know what you're complaining about, do you?

The US regulations are probably screwing you up, not necessarily ORV or your dealer.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:41 AM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I ordered parts from Atlanta last week and they are already in Canada, thats less than a week! Parts coming into Canada from any country go through customs, and with NAFTA there is no duty on parts made in America. I deal with this everyday in my job, and I do understand what I am complaining about!
Old 11-02-2015, 10:57 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Do you know where the parts your dealer is waiting for were made?

If you had left when you started complaining, how much closer would you be to getting the parts right now?

Get the part numbers and order them using where you work. Find out for yourself what the problem is.

My point is I don't like folks complaining until they have as much info as they can get. Seems like folks being evenly divided in knowing what the problem is and complaining with full knowledge and those that don't know all the details and end up not being righteously angry at their treatment.

I run my own business. I tell my customers exactly what the problem is and why I can't get around it. I offer alternatives if I know of any. Most are very understanding and will always come to me first, sometimes for things I don't deal in. Others just want to make sure they are able to keep their righteous anger despite evidence to the contrary. This isn't a comment about you, just my experience.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:13 AM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have been waiting since July for the fix, I think I have a right to vent. I did not bitch at the dealer, I did not bitch at the manufacturer, I put out a rant to my fellow owners simply to make myself feel better. I have all the info I need to feel the way I feel. I also deal on a daily basis with clients who are upset about their situation, most are out to lunch, but some are justified.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:41 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Since JULY? Why didn't you say so?

Yeah, you have earned the right to complain. Earned it the old fashioned way: reasonable patience that has run out.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:06 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
Since JULY? Why didn't you say so?

Yeah, you have earned the right to complain. Earned it the old fashioned way: reasonable patience that has run out.
My bad, I was a little upset when I wrote the rant. I feel better now, with the problems that I have seen on the forums mine are minor, and can be dealt with sooner or later.

Rick.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:15 PM   #8
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Rick....I hear you... And agree....Yes ORV ships warranty parts in their units they delivery to the dealer. I had the same issues waiting for parts. I'd needed a new bathroom door..I ask why they couldn't take one out of a unit that was in the lot for sale...nope had to wait However for the sake of a couple bucks and good customer service why not ship out fedex or with another shipping company. Unless the warranty part is being shipped the next day.

The dealer should have ordered the parts when issue was first identified.
Why not take the part from another new unit in the yard.
Why not contact another ORV dealer.
Slide seals have issues what not keep some in stock.

Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:16 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
There is no need to apologize. I, however, am sorry that your repairs have been hung up for do long. That just sucks.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:53 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Rickeoni, You have nothing to apologize for! In this instance the real issue is the poor management decision to not promptly ship critical warranty parts, with the excessive wait time just exacerbating the situation. And, I think it is reasonable to let others on the forum know of the problems you encounter, or as you said, just be able to rant a little---without worry of inflammatory responses! BTW, you are right that NAFTA addressed the historical trade issues. Let us know how the warranty issue goes.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:58 PM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickeoni View Post
Well I got the call from the dealer this morning to come pickup my unit. It went in for for seven things, five were very minor and fixed two were not so minor (both of which were noted upon delivery). The bedroom slide seal was installed crookedly and has been chewed up, the biggest issue was an out of square stove cover. They are going to have to order parts and I was told that ORV ships warranty parts out in their units in order to save shipping costs!

I don't know if the dealer is blowing smoke up my skirt, or if ORV takes the easy way out in parts shipments to Canada. I manage a Parts dept for a Rolls-Royce dealer and I can get an engine from england in two days, why does it take so long too get parts from a place that I can drive to in a day?
Newmar does the same thing with warranty parts.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 03:32 PM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The saga continues, through no fault of ORV. I got to the dealership today around noon and the service manager greeted me and went to find out where my unit was, he came back and advised where they were going to park it and he would meet me at the trailer to go over the repairs as soon as it was brought up. I brought my truck around to the pickup spot and when my baby came out, i checked over the outside stuff while I was waiting. My DW noticed right away the solar combiner box was turnred around, that was not even a part that had an issue. The battery box issue was not fixed nor was the slide issue (i will ask about that on another post). When I got tired of waiting I went back inside to look for the manager (who took over our case as it had dragged on for so long), nowhere to be seen! Another service advisor held up my keys and said "here ya go, drive safe". NoNoNo we are going to point out the poor repairs and go over the inside stuff. Guess what 1/2 the stuff wasn't even looked at!

Why?
Old 11-02-2015, 08:53 PM   #13

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. You have been more that patient. I had a similar problem with the bedroom slide chewing up the seal. When I was at the factory, they found that the seal was on backwards with the raised part of the rubber toward the slide rather than on the outward side. It was a simple repair to slide/clamp on a new piece of rubber with the raised part outward. It would be easy for them to ship that up....even if they send it to "Ship Happens" in Sumas and you walk over the border to pick it up. I recently brought over $200 of stuff up...was in US for 10 minutes and no tax charged at the border. I just went out and looked at my slide...will comment on the other post regarding that. Alex
AlexinBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:37 PM   #14
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickeoni View Post
The saga continues, through no fault of ORV. I got to the dealership today around noon and the service manager greeted me and went to find out where my unit was, he came back and advised where they were going to park it and he would meet me at the trailer to go over the repairs as soon as it was brought up. I brought my truck around to the pickup spot and when my baby came out, i checked over the outside stuff while I was waiting. My DW noticed right away the solar combiner box was turnred around, that was not even a part that had an issue. The battery box issue was not fixed nor was the slide issue (i will ask about that on another post). When I got tired of waiting I went back inside to look for the manager (who took over our case as it had dragged on for so long), nowhere to be seen! Another service advisor held up my keys and said "here ya go, drive safe". NoNoNo we are going to point out the poor repairs and go over the inside stuff. Guess what 1/2 the stuff wasn't even looked at!

Why?
Rick..is the dealer O'Connor RV in Chilliwack? Maybe orvpdman can assist..or maybe he knows some who can!

Coops
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, parts, replace, replacement