Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2019, 09:47 AM   #1

Requesting ORV 24RKS Info

Hi ~
I have a 2010 Jayco 25RKS that I pull with a 2019 Yukon Denali XL (6.2L with the new (great!) 10-speed transmission).
Also have weight distributing hitch system.
The Yukon easily handles the Jayco with power to spare, good braking, etc.
Considering getting an ORV 24RKS with similar weight.
Q: Does the weight distributing hitch system alter the tongue weight number?
Q: Any thoughts/suggestions on the ORV 24RKS?
TIA
Phil
PhilHoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2019, 04:29 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The tongue weight of the 24RKS can be heavy. 1200# is not uncommon and it can be more if you add xtra batteries and other equipment to the front of the trailer.

The WDH can remove a couple of hundred pounds of the TW off the truck and move it back to the trailer's wheels.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 04:48 PM   #3

Our '19 24RKS numbers...

We weighed our truck & '19 24RKS recently, fully loaded and with 50 gallons fresh water on board (plus 10 more in the water heater). We swapped out the crummy mattress for a real (heavier) memory foam one. The factory moved the axles forward a bit on later build units, reducing the tongue weight some.

-Our tongue weight was 1,100 lbs even.

-Total weight was 8,740 lbs

-Truck weight only (but w/camper fully hitched) was 7,180 lbs.

-Truck weight only (camper hitched, but no WD bars) was 7,320 lbs

On edit: We run a pair of golf cart batteries on the tongue.

-Winnie the Pooh-
Leaf-Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:41 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilHoov View Post
Hi ~
I have a 2010 Jayco 25RKS that I pull with a 2019 Yukon Denali XL (6.2L with the new (great!) 10-speed transmission).
TIA
Phil
I have pretty much same unit, less front door and fancy stuff inside. I don’t have weights in front of me right now. But if I remember correctly fully loaded ready to head out, without Wd hooked up, 1250 lbs tongue, 8500 lbs on trailer axles. WD hooked up, 250lbs ish to tv front axle and 175 ish to trailer axles. 2 full 30lbs propane, 2 group 34 agm batteries up front. I’ll have to find my numbers To confirm
Old 10-20-2019, 07:52 PM   #5
ODH

My 2019 Titanium Series 24RKS has a tongue weight of 1,175 lbs. This was the weight with grey and blacks tanks empty, only a few gals in fresh tank, 2 6v batteries, 2 full propane tanks. Fridge and pantry were empty but all the other camping gear was loaded.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:42 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilHoov View Post
Hi ~
TIA
Phil
The ORV's tend to be tongue heavy which is why we upgraded to a F-250 when we bought our 23DBS. It is slightly shorter than the 24RKS but according to our loading sticker "empty" weight as delivered from the factory is 7269. Rolling down the road moderately loaded (i.e. minimal fresh water) it's about 8200. Our current tongue weight is ~1180 and will be going up a little bit once we swap the Group 24 batteries for 6v GC's.

It looks like the Yukon Denali XL has a max payload of 1630, likely less if you have any factory-added or aftermarket options. Check the tire and loading sticker on the drivers door jam to confirm your actual payload - it's likely less than the max of 1630. The other issue may be hitch capacity. There should be a sticker on the hitch that tells you how much weight the hitch can handle. From what I could find on a quick Google search that looks to be 1000lbs max with a weight-distributing hitch or 500lbs without.

IMHO the ORV 24RKS is a bit much for the Yukon.