Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2017, 09:34 PM   #15
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
In wall or through frame

With out getting into a big debate. Not sure if you have the inwall or through frame slide out system. It is my understanding that the inwall system is not welded to the frame. The slide box moves on rollers by a rail mechanism.
like the picture on the left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8136.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	168105   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8139.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	168106  

Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2017, 08:33 AM   #16

It's the inwall
Old 07-09-2017, 10:59 AM   #17
Lac

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmm chris View Post
It's the inwall
Thanks bud...good luck.

Coops:
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 11:31 AM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
OK so you have two slides - both the Schwintek in the wall style - I am guessing from the floorplan that your black tank is at the rear of the TT and that is followed by the grey tank- the fresh tank is probably up near the bed? or is it over the axles?

If the fresh tank is near the slides then you could have the setup for a perfect storm when the lack of frame outriggers because of the slides and the tank slung in-between on the frame is indeed causing a sag. Without looking at it in person it is hard to say.

I find it interesting that this model was only produced for one year and there are still a few new old stock units on some dealers lots.

That begs the question - was it just not popular - or were there some production issues - or did the model not fit into the new class system of BR,Creekside, TR, BS? for 2017

The floorplan seems very nice however.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:16 PM   #19

Gray tank is above the axles. Then fresh is right behind it. Then black at the rear.

Both slides are the schwintek style.

I also noticed they only made the model for one year. Kind of had me wondering.

But we love the model, perfect for 2 people. Small enough to fit in state and federal campgrounds. With the two slides right across from each other makes it feel bigger then it is. There is tons of counter space with the island. Also the fact that you don't need to open the slides to get to the bathroom or fridge.
Old 07-09-2017, 02:00 PM   #20

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I too am very curious why ORV stopped building your model after only one year...lots of $$costs tooling up and starting an assembly line, only to kill it one year later.
Wondering if there were issues, design flaws, etc that prompted it. In all my years of trailers and RV's, I have never seen anything like yours straight from the factory.
Have you owned this from day one? Was it like that earlier in it's life?
Something is not right, and ORV will have to contract it out to a authorized RV repair facility near you, unless you want to tow to Oregon??

Please keep us posted on the results and corrective action!
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:20 PM   #21

2015 wildcat

I had a similar issue with my 15' wildcat, It had to go back to FR to have additional braces welded in and the floor straighten back up, it is not 100% percent, FR said it is within their specs. Mine too was a left over, I now know why. Never again will I but a left over model.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 03:29 PM   #22

My apologizes. Stupid me for assuming you had thru the frame slide mechanism. Thanks to LAC for sorting that out.

With Shwintech the load from the roof as well as the slide out has to be brought down through the walls to the floor and then the outriggers.

You may want to take the trailer to an independent shop for an opinion so you get a 100% long term fix.

The key is to make sure that the point (fridge & ends of the slides) loads are spread over a wide (4"-6") area so the neither the alum. tube at the bottom of the walls bends/collapses and the wood at at the top of the outriggers is compressed too the point that the outrigger wear into it.

I've looked at 3-5 year old trailers in which the alum tube along the bottom of the walls is bent over the outriggers so it looks like waves in the ocean.

jtbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:51 AM   #23

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
I too am very curious why ORV stopped building your model after only one year...lots of $$costs tooling up and starting an assembly line, only to kill it one year later.
Wondering if there were issues, design flaws, etc that prompted it. In all my years of trailers and RV's, I have never seen anything like yours straight from the factory.
Have you owned this from day one? Was it like that earlier in it's life?
Something is not right, and ORV will have to contract it out to a authorized RV repair facility near you, unless you want to tow to Oregon??

Please keep us posted on the results and corrective action!
That floor plan wasn't a hot seller. You can bet that if it was a hot seller and it had known issues that we would have taken care of them....just makes sense right?
Old 07-10-2017, 09:30 AM   #24

Called service. Told them about the issues. Next available appointment is in October. Hope it holds up. Also my one year warranty expires before then. So I hope it's not a trick
Old 07-10-2017, 09:41 AM   #25

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmm chris View Post
Called service. Told them about the issues. Next available appointment is in October. Hope it holds up. Also my one year warranty expires before then. So I hope it's not a trick
A trick?
We wouldn't be in business very long playing games like that. They typically go by when the issue was reported regarding warranty coverage.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:53 AM   #26

I just thought the frame would be better, with all the advertisement you guys do for it.
My old 2007 jayco was the same length and the floor didn't bounce when you walked in it, when setup. And the floor never creaked. To much flex built into it I guess.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:19 PM   #27

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORVPDMAN View Post
That floor plan wasn't a hot seller. You can bet that if it was a hot seller and it had known issues that we would have taken care of them....just makes sense right?
ORV came thru on our Glacier Peak that had a pin box flex issue repair upgrade. You recalled all of them and had them beefed up. And your service and parts people do their best to help us. Keep it up!!

You do stand by your customers!
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:35 PM   #28

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORVPDMAN View Post
Yes I know ORV's roots and Mr Ron Nash and Northwoods policies of making things right. I also believe that there is more credence in how problems are handled vs the problem itself. Unfortunately this day and age that kind of service is few and far between. So I can see why lmm chris might be leery.

That floorplan must really been a bust - I see where several dealers still have old new stock of them.

Tags
floor, trailer