Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2017, 08:42 PM   #15

I have been reading about your issue for some time and want to thank the OP for keeping us updated. ORV was on our very short list to buy soon. At this point we may take them off the list or delay our purchase.
It's not that a company shouldn't make mistakes, but how they respond. So far it doesn't look like ORV has responded like a customer friendly company.
Who knows if anyone from ORV reads or cares about what people post on here or care if they lose sales because of threads like these, but we are having second thoughts about ORV
Cedarmancity is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2017, 08:53 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
Sorry Imm Chris.....the next move is yours to take.

See if Todd Morton at ORV can go to bat for you. If not, I would escalate to the big guys there.

If this were my shop, your trailer would not look that way. Gotta pull the slide and do it right.

I feel that they will make this right for you.

Keep us posted. Thanks.
All of this was with todd
Old 11-21-2017, 08:55 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedarmancity View Post
I have been reading about your issue for some time and want to thank the OP for keeping us updated. ORV was on our very short list to buy soon. At this point we may take them off the list or delay our purchase.
It's not that a company shouldn't make mistakes, but how they respond. So far it doesn't look like ORV has responded like a customer friendly company.
Who knows if anyone from ORV reads or cares about what people post on here or care if they lose sales because of threads like these, but we are having second thoughts about ORV
I sent ORV an email before I posted this. They have yet to reply
Old 11-21-2017, 10:32 PM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I guess I am a little surprised at the difference of your experience from all the other folks who have had work done there. I can't think of a case where the results were not at least satisfactory. Maybe I just missed those stories.

Why was communication so sparse? You mentioned in the other thread that your trailer had been there over a month with no communication from them, were you attempting to phone or email and stay on top of the repairs? I would have wanted to know the status at least weekly, if not daily. The squeaky wheel getting the grease as they say.

After all you have documented I can't understand why you would not have done the inspection on the spot and addressed the issues before taking it home. I get the headache that making the extra trip would be if you left it there but better that than where you are now.

Either way it is disappointing that your still not fixed up. Hopefully you can come to an agreement with them on a plan of action to get it repaired to your satisfaction. I am really sorry your experience has not been better. This is supposed to be a relaxing way to enjoy your free time and it has certainly not been relaxing or enjoyable. Wishing you better luck in the future.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:21 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by keymastr View Post
I guess I am a little surprised at the difference of your experience from all the other folks who have had work done there. I can't think of a case where the results were not at least satisfactory. Maybe I just missed those stories.

Why was communication so sparse? You mentioned in the other thread that your trailer had been there over a month with no communication from them, were you attempting to phone or email and stay on top of the repairs? I would have wanted to know the status at least weekly, if not daily. The squeaky wheel getting the grease as they say.

After all you have documented I can't understand why you would not have done the inspection on the spot and addressed the issues before taking it home. I get the headache that making the extra trip would be if you left it there but better that than where you are now.

Either way it is disappointing that your still not fixed up. Hopefully you can come to an agreement with them on a plan of action to get it repaired to your satisfaction. I am really sorry your experience has not been better. This is supposed to be a relaxing way to enjoy your free time and it has certainly not been relaxing or enjoyable. Wishing you better luck in the future.
Guess I'm just use to better customer service, when ever my dealer did any work on it they would always contact me all the time. I thought the manufacturer would do the same. I even asked for pictures of the progress, and couldn't get any.

Like I said before I looked under the frame where the supports where added to the frame. just by looking under it I couldn't know the underbelly was going to fill with water. And I didn't Know they where going to cut the slide up so I didn't look at it.

Like was I supposed to check if the microwave worked, or the oven also.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:21 AM   #20

I'm seriously thinking about backing out of my trailer deal now...... Spend $$$$$$ and be treated like that????? Not my cup of tea..............
Tops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:14 AM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
This entire situation is sad and not the norm. As far as looking to not buy a ORV because of it, well, other RV mfgs have this happen also and the service is not the level of ORV. ORV has a 6 month wait for their orders so many people are willing to "risk" the ORV level of service. Does not excuse what has happened here.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
This entire situation is sad and not the norm. .
It may not be the norm but my experience was similar to Imm Chris.

It didn't mater how bad ORV screwed the build of my trailer up there was a line in the sand they refused to cross to make things right.

Spend my own money and time making the trailer better than new rather than having to deal with ORV anymore.

jtbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 04:06 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tops View Post
I'm seriously thinking about backing out of my trailer deal now...... Spend $$$$$$ and be treated like that????? Not my cup of tea..............
Wouldn't do that.....just open EVERYTHING (basement and cupboard access panels, test the water system to 100psi) up and check it with a fine tooth comb....what you can't see reach in with a camera and be prepared to walk away.

jtbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:00 PM   #24

Outdoors RV Owners Club
That is great advice for any RV.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 06:30 PM   #25

Quote:
I think you should. You wouldn't be satisfied knowing what you know.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 09:28 PM   #26

Quote:
You sound like the perfect candidate for a Grand Design trailer. Same hit or miss build quality but they will bend over for you. Problem is you still have an inferior product that they will happily fix more often.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:39 PM   #27

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Wow, that is very disappointing and disturbing. I sure hope they get back to you and really make it good this time—and timely too! Please do continue to keep us posted. Good luck!
BornToWander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:56 PM   #28

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'm very surprised after they chopped and pasted more supports in they didn't caulk the areas of repair. Did it have a gasket under the slide before? by the roller wheels?
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, trailer