Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2017, 05:45 PM   #43

Outdoors RV Owners Club
This has made me have second thoughts about ORV - it is too late as I have already bought one.
Considering they only made this TT for one year, there can't be too many of them out there (maybe one production run). It was said by the ORV person who monitors these boards that the model was discontinued because it was not that popular - funny as I have seen other brands with that have the same plan over several years. IMHO ORV did not design the model well - perhaps other units will also fail. Perhaps they figure it is easier to deal with the failures than issue a recall - from what I see of this repair - they don't have a real fix for the problem. Their repair work has made it even worse.

LLM Chris should have been able to go to La Grande to inspect the unit before it left their repair shop - at ORV's expense. Unfortunately it will probably take a lawyer to make ORV do any more.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2017, 08:55 PM   #44

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbuilds View Post
ORV had months to figure out a plan of action and to consider the consequences.

If they replaced the trailer that would leave them open to claims on all the other 230RBI trailers.
Then I guess ORV should do the right thing and recall each and every one of this model of trailer and replace them with something built properly. I understand they didn't sell very many of them anyway, so it should be fairly painless to do the right thing.

Failing that, I guess the OP is going to have to 'lawyer up'.

This is a terribly sad note for what we all thought was an excellent company.

Shame. Shame. Shame.

Jim
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 09:02 AM   #45

If I relied on internet complaints for decision on which brand to buy based on problems, I would just stay in motels.
Not one brand is lemon proof. Even trucks and cars have lemon issues. The OP got a lemon. $hit happens.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 10:09 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
If I relied on internet complaints for decision on which brand to buy based on problems, I would just stay in motels.
Not one brand is lemon proof. Even trucks and cars have lemon issues. The OP got a lemon. $hit happens.
Very true. But then there are the possible bed bug issues in motels so its best to just stay home.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 10:15 AM   #47

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
You missed the point - I think we all agree that lemons and stuff happens, it is how the company reacts to it that is more important. Here we all thought that ORV would make good on their word of fixing the defective unit. Instead they appear to have created new problems while attempting to fix the old ones. For the amount of time they had the unit, it should have looked better than new when it came out.

The OP was forced to wait several months for repairs at the factory because they would not let a dealer do them. They kept the unit for 6 weeks with no communication about what was happening. Then they sent the unit back to the OP without allowing him to inspect the work. These were probably the two biggest mistakes ORV made (in addition to the shoddy repairs).

It is time for ORV to step back up to the plate and make things right for the OP and give the rest of us back the faith we had for them in the first place.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:21 AM   #48

Hold on people, I,am not takeing one side or the other, But we are only hearing one side.
oh oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 11:28 AM   #49

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Not siding with ORV over bad repairs, but want to point out some stuff!! As to the "sly old fox" stating that the owner was not allowed to inspect, please reread the original post. To me it sounds like he picked the trailer up, since the last paragraph states that he found out the clearance lights didn't work ON THE WAY HOME!!! If so, he would have had plenty of time to inspect at the mfg, since they go over the repairs with you when you pick up. If he rushed it, that's not good, and I doubt that the service people shoved him out the door.

Some of the OPs comments in this thread and others make me wonder if he walked into the service office with the same attitude he shows here. If so, he needs to step back and cool down to help get things right.

That said, ORV should get in on this conversation, like they did early on. They should come up with a positive solution and repair the trailer to the owners liking.
2003 Excursion XLT V10 4:30 Axles
DualCam HP 450W Roof Solar/320W Portable
Tuquala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:04 PM   #50

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh oh View Post
Hold on people, I,am not takeing one side or the other, But we are only hearing one side.
In a situation such as this, I doubt that you will hear anything from ORV. They might still be looking at this forum, but ORVPD man has gone AWOL, probably due to the fact that this forum is rapidly turning into a place to bash the manufacturer.

Not saying anything about the quality or lack thereof. What they should be doing is offering the OP some sort of a buyback and a no profit deal on a new unit. This happens all the time in the automotive industry in order to meet client satisfaction, but requires some partitipation from both parties.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:33 PM   #51

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh oh View Post
I am in the same camp as Oh oh. There is no way ORV can defend itself on a public forum. All we are hearing is one perspective.

Since I am in the business of producing a product that is judged on quality I know it is not possible to please everyone all the time. Sometimes no matter what you do a customer has unrealistic expectations or is just angry at the world. Not saying this is the case here but until the defense has a chance to present their case, I will not convict ORV. Of course as I said they can’t do that here.

I do know I had a serious problem with my trailer when it was new and ORV bent over backwards to make it right. My experience was nothing like the OP’s that has been presented here.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 01:13 PM   #52

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Tuquala - I know you have been following this saga from the very beginning back in July. LMM Chris has had many different issues with his trailer - from the screws poking up behind the roof membrane, to leaking axle seals, poor springs, poor refer installation and the original problem of the sagging floor. I know that he started working with the dealer but ORV stepped in and said wait and let them handle it. Perhaps I jumped to a conclusion that Chris worked through his dealer to have the unit delivered and picked up at ORV and that he did not do it himself.

We will probably not hear from ORV- and their rep on this forum has been AWOL for a month or so now. He chimed in early on in this saga.

As far as hearing one side, usually in these forums that is indeed all we hear. We have also not heard much from Chris after his post of the sloppy repair photos. Perhaps there is some sort of buy back offer in the works.

While this incident is the only one I have heard where ORV did not appear to do the right thing - sometimes all it takes is one awshucks to wipe out all of your attaboys.
Old 11-26-2017, 01:27 PM   #53

I'm a NW owner. I read this site because I think ORV and NW still make the best products for their price range.
I feel for the OP. His dilemma is what most would consider our worst nightmare. ORV dropped the ball no doubt.
My comment was towards those that are quick to throw ORV under the bus and would check them off their list. Here's the deal. We don't know who authorized the work and who inspected the work. Did the higher ups at ORV even know what the finished repair looked like?
If this is what ORV's management thinks is a quality repair then that's not good. I would like to know who signed off on the repair. Many times things slip past the 'Boss' in a not so good way.
There's only one other brand out there that I'd consider and their owner forum site has many more issues than this site and NW has combined. Only difference is their after sale CS is way better.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 01:32 PM   #54

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickeoni View Post
In a situation such as this, I doubt that you will hear anything from ORV. They might still be looking at this forum, but ORVPD man has gone AWOL, probably due to the fact that this forum is rapidly turning into a place to bash the manufacturer.

Not saying anything about the quality or lack thereof. What they should be doing is offering the OP some sort of a buyback and a no profit deal on a new unit. This happens all the time in the automotive industry in order to meet client satisfaction, but requires some partitipation from both parties.
ORVPDMAN went AWOL long before the "bashing" began. Which is unfortunate, because while he was present he provided a significant amount of good will on ORV's behalf.

But I agree 100% with your proposed solution. Seems like it would be a fair deal for both parties. If I were the OP, I would be diligently working with ORV to try to put that deal in place. I wouldn't be waiting for ORV to make the offer.

Having said that, it seems like ORV has already resolved the major issue that the OP was experiencing by fixing the slide, so at least he has a usable trailer. As for the issue of poor communication, it's impossible to judge that fairly since we are only privy to one side of that communication.

As for the ORV "bashing", I think we are possibly just seeing some equilibrium come to the forum. In the past it has been an almost unnatural ORV love-fest. Forums of this type generally tend to lean more towards the "I'm having a problem" side rather than the "I love my xxxx" side because people are more likely to be searching out help for problems than trying to find an outlet to express their love for a product...
Old 11-26-2017, 05:54 PM   #55

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
ORVPDMAN most likely went awol at the company's request. Having him on here was a good thing.
If there is any legal issues arizing from these repairs, they most likely won't litigate it based on what's written in the forums. Especially if he makes an inadvertent promise in error. Then it's in writing.

My thoughts only.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 06:31 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuquala View Post
Not siding with ORV over bad repairs, but want to point out some stuff!! As to the "sly old fox" stating that the owner was not allowed to inspect, please reread the original post. To me it sounds like he picked the trailer up, since the last paragraph states that he found out the clearance lights didn't work ON THE WAY HOME!!! If so, he would have had plenty of time to inspect at the mfg, since they go over the repairs with you when you pick up. If he rushed it, that's not good, and I doubt that the service people shoved him out the door.

Some of the OPs comments in this thread and others make me wonder if he walked into the service office with the same attitude he shows here. If so, he needs to step back and cool down to help get things right.

That said, ORV should get in on this conversation, like they did early on. They should come up with a positive solution and repair the trailer to the owners liking.
ORV didn't go over any of the repairs with me. In fact Todd just had me sign the paper work. And went back into his office. No one from ORV came out to go over the trailer with me.

I'm sorry but I shouldn't have to go over stuff what wasn't to be fixed or looked at. Did I check if the sink worked, nope, because it wasn't on the list. Did I check if the fridge worked, nope because it wasn't on the list. did I check the upper clearance lights nope, wasn't on the list.

Did I check under the corners of the slide, nope wasn't on the list. I did run it in and out a few times. Worked fine. But then again I wasn't worried about the slide because it wasn't in there scope of work.

When you get new brakes at the dealer on your truck, do you check if the tailgate still opens?

The more trailers ORV sells, and the bigger they get. There will be more problems with ORV trailers. It's just a numbers game. Happens with everything.

I do find it very odd, that my floor plan with an island kitchen floor plan, was only manufactured for one year.

When other manufacturers are coming out with more island kitchen floor plans. Including Arctic fox. Not less.

Tags
floor, trailer