Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2017, 04:22 PM   #1

Shower Track Leak in our 2017 25rds.

Okay, our shower track has a big enough hole on the edge that water leaks down it when you take a shower. The water hits the door and trickles down into the track. (Photos below.)

Below the screws in the track, we found leaking as well under those. This has now caused the flooring to bubble up around the shower area. We are currently drying it out as well as we can, and then intend on using silicone to seal the holes and use around the screws.

Pretty bummed out since this was our second trip out and didn't know we would need to silicone these areas before using it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Sep 10, 1 30 21 PM.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	176602   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Sep 10, 1 30 37 PM.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	176603  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Sep 10, 1 31 21 PM.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	236.6 KB
ID:	176604   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo Sep 10, 1 31 50 PM.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	357.1 KB
ID:	176605  

Happycampin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2017, 05:17 PM   #2

Had this happen in my last motorhome. Inadequate sealant when shower track installed. First trip water all over the floor. Had to pull shower frame and redo it all. There was an area on side with gap water was getting o and traveling behind and out below the track. Resealing cured that one but still disappointing at the sloppy original workmanship
MikeO58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:57 AM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
What a bummer Happy! Are you still under warranty? If so then do you have a dealer nearby that can take care of it for you?

Unfortunately these things do come up.

It's good to use the heck out of everything while still covered.

That's what we did. No big problems like yours...just minor issues and the dealer took care of them perfectly.
infowars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:20 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampin View Post
Okay, our shower track has a big enough hole on the edge that water leaks down it when you take a shower. The water hits the door and trickles down into the track. (Photos below.)

Below the screws in the track, we found leaking as well under those. This has now caused the flooring to bubble up around the shower area. We are currently drying it out as well as we can, and then intend on using silicone to seal the holes and use around the screws.
Huh. Same year, from the photos same shower -- and same issue here! When we took it by ORV they added clear caulk but it's still a problem though less. I think the sides aren't sealed to the frame of the glass. If I push even slightly on the wall there it gaps -- it clearly isn't sealed. I'm going to do a more aggressive seal line around the whole frame and see if that does it. But your photo of the access panel out makes me think I'd better check under there too! Thanks for the photos!
BornToWander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:01 AM   #5

Wow, that's interesting. So it's just poor craftsmanship over all if yours is the same way. Honestly, it's disappointing to have such a large hole in the track. We bought some silicone and will get caulking and fix it ourselves. We will do some testing on after it's dried and give an update.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:05 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
It would appear that we have the same of very similar problem with our shower. In addition the door has sagged and dropped on the unhinged side and damaged the bottom gasket during the open and closing function.
Grump010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:16 AM   #7

Does anyone even consider what was done to make an RV "ultralight"?
Downright scary if you consider what is downsized, thinned, or even eliminated in order to put the ultralight label on something.
Is caulk heavy?
Why, if they can't do it right the first time, do they have time to do it over?
Sales, and repeat sales, are directly related to customer satisfaction when it comes to quality workmanship, materials, and design. Lack of sales ultimately causes loss of jobs. But who cares today?
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:38 AM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NITEHAWK View Post
Does anyone even consider what was done to make an RV "ultralight"?
Downright scary if you consider what is downsized, thinned, or even eliminated in order to put the ultralight label on something.
Is caulk heavy?
Why, if they can't do it right the first time, do they have time to do it over?
Sales, and repeat sales, are directly related to customer satisfaction when it comes to quality workmanship, materials, and design. Lack of sales ultimately causes loss of jobs. But who cares today?
Actually I think something like this where there are several instances is more likely a design or process flow issue than bad workmanship on the line. I guess we ought to be sure ORV knows about these and what ends up being necessary to fix these things (if they aren't the ones who fix them anyway). Having met several of the ORV people, I'm sure they'll want to know and address the issue(s).

I haven't had a chance to inspect my shower really closely to know what's going on for sure yet but certainly the same symptoms and the caulk along the shower wall is definitely loose. It was a fairly narrow tidy bead and I suspect the wall flexes too much for that. Just a theory at this point though.
BornToWander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:13 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The OP can call ORV and talk to the production manager about this issue.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
The OP can call ORV and talk to the production manager about this issue.
Thats the plan. I'm going to compile a list of anything we've had issues with on our trailer and send it to Outdoors RV. I'll see what kind of response we receive from them and go from there.

Tags
leak, shower