Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2019, 06:02 PM   #1

Surround sound

I have a 2014 Wind River. It has surround sound (speakers in the ceiling),but it only works when you use the DVD player. Anyway to make it work with the TV? as the sound only comes out the rear of the TV. Thank you for all responses
1Longbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2019, 06:55 PM   #2

Hello 1Longbow
Does your surrond sound amp have an input select switch? If so, then try one of the other inputs. If this does not work, you will need to connect the audio output of the TV to one of the surrond sound amp's inputs. This is done with a simple audio cord.
Best Regards
Dutch Master
Dutch Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:49 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Longbow View Post
I have a 2014 Wind River. It has surround sound (speakers in the ceiling),but it only works when you use the DVD player. Anyway to make it work with the TV? as the sound only comes out the rear of the TV. Thank you for all responses
Our GP came with a Vizio sound bar. Sounds great and negated the need to get into fancy wiring and upgrades.
I turn off the tv sound from the menu on the tv. All sound goes thru the bar mounted just below the tv.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 10:44 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I added a rca plug to earphone jack cord. I hooked the rca to the audio out on the tv and earphone jack to aux in on the stereo and play it through aux setting on the stereo
pdxgwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:34 AM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Wind River Stereo System

We own an early Wind River with the Jensen TV and stereo system. If you give me a day or so (in storage), I will post directions for playing your TV thru the stereo system. It can be done without changing wiring or getting into the back of the TV. It's just in pushing the right buttons on the stereo. Maybe someone else can respond too.
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:01 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yep, check that your RCA cables are plugged in the right sockets.

Check that the Jensen amp is set to the right input and that the TV is outputting sound to the RCA cables.

We routinely plug an HDMI cable from our computers into the TV HDMI input. The sound goes from the computer via the HDMI cable to the TV, then gets rerouted to the Jensen amp via the RC cables and from there to the trailer's speakers.

The TV and Jensen manuals might also be helpful if you have them.
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:56 AM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Wind River Stereo System

The "AUX" button controls the input from other devices, such as the TV. On ours, push this button twice to AUX 2 and it should work. You may have to turn the stereo button up more than normal, but the surround sound should work.

Related to this, make sure to turn the outside speakers off unless you want neighbors to hear whatever you're watching. On ours, once you turn the stereo on, all speakers are on including the bass (C).
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:51 AM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Mine has the Jensen TV and Furrion stereo and you have to turn the TV sound off and select the correct input on the Furrion. I can't remember what it was without looking at the remote, sorry.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote