Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2016, 09:33 AM   #29

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
The RV business is a sham, but we're stuck with it. Too bad it has to be this way. It's bad enough that we have to deal with crappy dealers but on top of that the RV's we buy are literally hit or miss as far as quality goes.
It is only a sham because we let it be. Most buyers are unaware of what it takes to make a quality unit and are making purchase decisions based on price.
Whats worse is the amount of sales that happen at RV shows, looking at the bling instead of the construction. How many People would look at an AF or ORV unit and just compare price to units comparable in size and not design quality.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2016, 10:38 AM   #30

The auto manufacturers have been playing that game forever they just market it better. Many new vehicles are released without all the engines, transmissions or option packages in a model year you just can't buy it until they have the parts to build it so the dealer just sells you another truck on his lot. The Ford F150 is notorious for it. Try to walk on a lot and buy one with max tow and payload packages, you'll be lucky to find one......so the dealer sells you what he has.

I agree with you 100% that it's confusing but only if you let it be that way. Buy whats on a lot and that way you know exactly what you're buying. If you order or wait the 1/2 year model will be fairly up to date with all options in that model year. Just like the auto business they can't sell what they can't build and to be honest most options can be added later if it's a must have for you. If your worried about taking a hit on an RV think about a used unit because new cars and new RV's always take the biggest hit the day your drive them off the lot. It's just one of the harsh realities we as owners face every single time we buy one, and everyone of us like you, wishes it were different.

Cumminsfan hit the nail on the head......... and so did Rickeoni but price and quality usually result in smaller wallets and most folks buy what they can afford and not everyone can see the attributes of a jumping jack pop up trailer. If most folks can't tell if a house is well built what chance do they have with an RV......Hey it's got metal walls, a door, a window, fan, a bed, a light, and good tires and a sexy name and some trick decals.......what's not to like, especially at night when you lay down and watch all those stars thru the hole in your roof the salesman told you was a skylight.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:28 PM   #31

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Wait 6 months and we start a new thread "The 17 1/2's are here whats new

With today's every accelerating rate of technology turnover, you can say that about insert product here , pretty well everything today.

While we all like to look at the changes in the next model year, sooner or later you have to take the plunge and not have any regrets.

But all that said, I can't wait to see the new floor plans for the ORV fifth wheels.
Old 10-01-2016, 01:01 PM   #32

Rickeoni's right on about the 17-1/2's. On another brand forum I was reading the mfg added a fiberglass cap to the front of a new line of TT's. IIRC the TT hadn't been out for very long. Maybe 4-5 months. Needless to say there were some very PO'd owners when the mfg added the cap. Same 2016 TT, but now with a new nice fiberglass front cap.
I guess that's why they put the disclaimer at the bottom of the brochure that says they have the right to make changes anytime without notice.
Heck you can even order a TT and there's a small chance that it may come with different furniture, AC, or even a new style vinyl floor.

Could you imagine ordering a car or truck and the seats are different, or the interior color is changed.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 02:57 PM   #33

Seeing & walking in them is always better than trying to imagine from a brochure. At least in today's world the websites can give you a fairly good idea once they're updated........but it still isn't the same is it......... All I can tell you is they're pretty nice and they aren't resting on their laurels...... There's some upgrades that many will love and some of us will wish we had......and that proves they listened to existing owners and prospective buyers.......That's usually a recipe for success and I don't think anyone will be disappointed with the overall effort they've made to their product line.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:32 PM   #34

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Like I have said, I'll be at the RV show in Pomona and the factory guys will be there. I will take some pictires of what is there and make notes of any known changes. I really prefer to buy off the lot because it there is to big a warranty list you can pass on it and look at the next one. If you order it, when it comes, it's yours. I expect a good number of the ORV units will sell at the show. Whatever changes we see at the show, there will be many more in the months to come.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:50 PM   #35

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Here's some pics of the new 2017 Blackrock/BackCountry 23BKS. I don't think it's even posted on the ORV site yet.
Looks like quite a few changes to the interior:

2017 Black Rock 23BKS Back Country - Cordelia RV Center | Inventory
infowars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:33 PM   #36

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by infowars View Post
Here's some pics of the new 2017 Blackrock/BackCountry 23BKS. I don't think it's even posted on the ORV site yet.
Looks like quite a few changes to the interior:

2017 Black Rock 23BKS Back Country - Cordelia RV Center | Inventory
That looks deceptively like our Creekside 23 dbs. The differences I can see from the photos, other than upholstery and door hardware, are no outdoor kitchen, no front fiberglass cap, and they did away with the rolling dinette box and put in an outside access door, which I like. Other than those things, it is very similar. I was under the impression at the camp out that the Creekside line was becoming so popular that they were going to stop the Blackrock line as it had a low profit margin compared to their other lines.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:52 PM   #37

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
That looks deceptively like our Creekside 23 dbs. The differences I can see from the photos, other than upholstery and door hardware, are no outdoor kitchen, no front fiberglass cap, and they did away with the rolling dinette box and put in an outside access door, which I like. Other than those things, it is very similar. I was under the impression at the camp out that the Creekside line was becoming so popular that they were going to stop the Blackrock line as it had a low profit margin compared to their other lines.
Looks like the BR's will be around for at least another year. They're good trailers for the price but I think the Creeksides are a better value for what you pay. I think the new BR's are still lacking LED lights.
infowars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:41 AM   #38

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The big changes in the '17's at this point is the trim levels. No new floor plans. The Wind River line is off for now because the floor plans are in other lines and can be upgraded to that level. There are 2 levels in each line, Backcountry and Titanium. So now you can get any of the Timber Ridge in a Titanium so it's like the Blackstone inside. The QC on the new units is higher than ever and it can be seen . I have a 2014 WindRiver that isn't even close to the QC of the new ones. Yes, there will be more changes in mid year and that's a good thing. Everything out there is the best and the best deals now are on the left over 16's. The ORV siute should be up to the 17's soon.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote