Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2017, 08:36 PM   #1

Talking The long wait begins

Well we did it! ORV sure makes a nice trailer. We were originally going to go with an Arctic Fox, in fact I was convinced until we saw the trailers in person. AF has nice units, but something or many things about the ORV did it for us. We are factory ordering a Black Stone Titanium 280RKS and now we get to wait until about March, but it will be well worth it.

They have switched up the options for 2018. E Range Tires will be standard on all Black Stone Models. So the only part of the X4 package you need to order is the suspension. Titanium package will include the Rear View Camera, the Slideout Toppers and the Center Awning Cradle. But now the Maxx Air vents are options, and you don't get the 9.5 CF Refrigerator unless special ordered. And they got rid of the wood blinds. I think out of all the Titanium standards I was not real thrilled with those. They are being replaced with Slow Rise Night Shades.

Can't wait!!

vpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2017, 08:56 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Congrats and welcome to the ORV family. We are also new converts to the ORV product and couldn't be happier.
Grump010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 09:10 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The long long wait. We ordered ours in February and waited until August.
It will be worth it.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:21 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I looked up ORV and see they are owned by Ron & Sherri Nash (of Arctic Fox) and are in LaGrande, home of A.F.

Why do you think they are competing against themselves for TT business ?
Old 10-07-2017, 10:13 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
I looked up ORV and see they are owned by Ron & Sherri Nash (of Arctic Fox) and are in LaGrande, home of A.F.

Why do you think they are competing against themselves for TT business ?
From 2009, just a normal business expansion.

Outdoors RV Manufacturing, a new firm based in LaGrande, Ore., delivered its first unit, a Creekside 18CK, on July 1 to John and D’Ann Ramsey, owners of Broadmoor RV in Pasco, Wash., the company has announced.
Outdoors was started by Ron and Sherry Nash, owners of LaGrande-based Northwood Manufacturing Inc., builders of Nash, Arctic Fox and Desert Fox RVs. The Nashes purchased the Fleetwood Enterprises Inc. travel trailer plant in LaGrande on May 13 along with the rights to the Fleetwood travel trailer designs and prints. In just over a month the first new unit rolled off the production line.
Outdoors RV will be focusing on the heart of the market in producing the following brands: CreekSide (designed for first-time buyers), SummitTrail (ultra-lite buyers), TimberRidge (first-time fiberglass buyers) and WindRiver (luxury-lite mid-line buyers), according to a news release.
The management team is led by Jim Croxton as the general manager and Darin Nelson as the sales manager and has a combined experience of over 160 years. Industry veteran Rod Glass is heading up Canadian sales. “All of this experience has benefitted Outdoors RV in obtaining an order backlog that virtually goes out six months along with a waiting list for dealers that want to be able to merchandise the products,” according to the news release.
“The focus of this company is to design RVs for the Pacific Northwest and Western Canada, merchandise the products with a hand-selected group of dealers with our end goal of having our customers enjoy an outdoor experience like no other. This area has an incredible percentage of people that enjoy the RV lifestyle and why wouldn’t they with the outdoors right outside most people’s backdoor. Outdoors RV’s goal is not to be the largest manufacturer in the country nor follow market share graphs. We simply want to design and build great RVs.”
Old 10-07-2017, 11:51 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
ORV has a great dedicated team. They are a 4 season TT and so not many down here in So Cal. The largest RV show of the year on the west coast here in Pomona has no ORV and no Northwood TT's. They are at max with orders up north. Congrats to them. Despite the issues of time, my Wind River is great to get out in.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:38 AM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are very happy with the management at ORV since we bought our GP in February.

We love the slow roll-up blinds. So much better than mini-blinds!

Need to add slide toppers soon. Can't install awning cradle, since ours has the metal cover.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 02:43 PM   #8

Just picked ours up on Friday...

We ordered our Glacier Peak 28RKS first week of March this year, a very long wait. We originally saw our first Glacier Peak earlier this year at an RV show, we compared it along with many other available models/manufact. We also did additional internet research, before making our final choice. We wanted a model and make that would come tow ready, as we haul a boat behind our fiver. So we ordered the Titanium upgrade with all the bells and whistles, and have the 2018 model...we are so pleased with it. Everything is what we wanted and more, well worth the wait.
Rockiemtnhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:44 PM   #9
R.B

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
Need to add slide toppers soon. Can't install awning cradle, since ours has the metal cover.
Are you sure? Their stock photo shows it: http://outdoorsrvmfg.com/wp-content/...S,_280RKS).jpg

I have one arriving this week and can follow up definitively if you want, though.
R.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:01 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
The long long wait. We ordered ours in February and waited until August.
It will be worth it.
Wow...!

Quote:
We are factory ordering a Black Stone Titanium 280RKS and now we get to wait until about March, but it will be well worth it.
Double Wow !!

I guess we were lucky...that the TR 24RKS is one of their most popular floorplans. We found two dealers with one in stock with the Hot Chocolate interior. It came with the X4 and Mtn. storage system. The only "other" option I "might" have ordered was the heat pad fresh water tank (option #102 $115) . We'll be picking ours up in 10 days.

What is the $38 option #996 "Center Awning Cradle". Can that be added at dealer? Any pictures of that item...it's purpose?
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:49 PM   #11
R.B

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superslif View Post
What is the $38 option #996 "Center Awning Cradle". Can that be added at dealer? Any pictures of that item...it's purpose?
This post brought it to my attention: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f282/acce...ml#post3838538

It's to support the center of the awning during travel so it doesn't bow as much. To my knowledge, this is the exact model ORV uses, but I've been unable to find it in black. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ilpage_o01_s00
Old 10-09-2017, 04:12 PM   #12

I believe the awning cradle ORV uses is the Dometic 930065U. It's the double cradle support in black.
Martin6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 04:33 PM   #13
R.B

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin6 View Post
I believe the awning cradle ORV uses is the Dometic 930065U. It's the double cradle support in black.
I think you're right. Minus the backing plate that's included in this, this looks a lot more like it: Dometic Black Awning Automatic Cradle Support - Awning Parts & Accessories - Hardware

Outdoors RV photo: http://outdoorsrvmfg.com/wp-content/...S,_280RKS).jpg
Old 10-10-2017, 01:15 AM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We were lucky that our dealer had 5 25RDS units on order from the next batch. We made our deal in Feb and picked it up in late Apr. It also has the 4x off road and mtn storage options. I am considering the awning support as 20' is a real long tube.

I think there were two factors when Ron and company bought the old Fleetwood plant. Ron managed that plant for many years before striking out on his own with Northwood. When Fleetwood exited the towables business - Ron saw two things - a chance to own his old plant - and keep many people employed. Ron and his partners are quite invested in the economy of the LaGrande area. I met Ron at the Northwoods owners rally in 07 he was a man with a vision and lots of compassion for the owners of his TTs and the people who built them, when I attended the 2015 rally he was driven through the park to see the over 75 rigs, just before the Northwood picnic. He didn't get out but waved as he went by. He never fully recovered from his stroke.

I also toured the Northwood plant during both rallies and also did the ORV plant in 15. The Northwood plant had not changed at all from 07. The only thing I noticed was a distinct attitude toward ORV - and they went out of their way to put them down. My tour of the ORV plant was very insightful in that my guide pointed out how different they were from the rest of the industry - but also how they were similar to AF. Including the frames. I was happy with everything I saw at ORV - I was shown the line while it was operating (something AF does not). They were more than happy to show me a unit from the frame to finished product.

So yes I converted from Arctic Fox to ORV mainly due to the wider range of floorplans.