Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2015, 10:42 AM   #43

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipStitcher View Post
But here I was... with a serious problem that is going to really screw up a minimum of my next 5 days! So phooey... I just paid my repair guy to do the work on Saturday. In the midst of my shower being removed, your factory rep did call me - which was an awesomely good surprise on a Saturday.

This morning, I talked to the same rep again... and he has everything in motion to make this right with me. I'm thrilled with how responsive your company was in taking care of me.

I agree the responsiveness of ORV is amazing, one of the reasons we chose to spend our hard earned $$$ with them

Just know.. I had my problem dealt with on my own terms on Saturday - even if your guy hadn't called me. BUT... I *love* that I got that call and it made me feel a whole lot more relaxed about the situation. Thanks for that!

I love the layout and feel of this trailer. And right now, even with the problems behind me, I couldn't be more happier. I'm going to enjoy my week in my trailer and I can't thank ORV enough for being so understanding and supportive.

You all get 5 gold stars today from me.
As I said in an earlier post, the mark of a good company is in their aftersales service
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2015, 12:36 PM   #44

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Good to see some good reports on service issues When I had a problem with my refer in Arizona in 2014 Dave from ORV was very good to work with and got us a reimbursement for expenses
Mtn Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:03 PM   #45

Commercial Member

Quote:
ORVPDMAN....

My trailer was built in Dec '14 (as I understand it) . So the twit that didn't bother to tighten the plumbing fitting from the city water connection (that then got sealed into the space between the shower and the inside wall!) is probably not even there anymore.

Let me be clear... I'm not crazy angry, nor was I crazy angry on Saturday when it became clear that the whole stinkin' shower had to come out to fix the problem. It just needed to be dealt with.

When I had fresh water running out into the hallway and it was very clear that it wasn't from taking a shower, etc... I called a repair guy I know along with starting the hassle of trying to get help form the dealer or from another Route 66 repair place. Basically, going through the warranty system would have meant that I would have needed to shut the water off when I discovered this (on a Saturday) and then my dealer could "take a peek" on Tuesday (they're closed Sun & Mon) .

So to have to pack my house up... drag it 60 miles ... and then *hope* the dealership could actually do the repair in the next few days is pretty darn inconvenient and expensive (Sure, I'll take a few days away from the things *I* need to be doing right now to deal with some problem that shouldn't have happened - oh no - I'm not going to deal with that.)

I texted my sales person (big Kudos to Nancy at Kettelsen Campers!) who gave me the # to her factory rep at ORV. I left him a message on Saturday...

But here I was... with a serious problem that is going to really screw up a minimum of my next 5 days! So phooey... I just paid my repair guy to do the work on Saturday. In the midst of my shower being removed, your factory rep did call me - which was an awesomely good surprise on a Saturday.

The repair got done on Saturday (along with fixing my A/C that kept on freezing up) . I'm a happy camper.

This morning, I talked to the same rep again... and he has everything in motion to make this right with me. I'm thrilled with how responsive your company was in taking care of me.

I'm grateful to be able to enjoy my day and my week... and not have it betaken up with dealing with this problem. That means *a lot* to me.

Just know.. I had my problem dealt with on my own terms on Saturday - even if your guy hadn't called me. BUT... I *love* that I got that call and it made me feel a whole lot more relaxed about the situation. Thanks for that!

I love the layout and feel of this trailer. And right now, even with the problems behind me, I couldn't be more happier. I'm going to enjoy my week in my trailer and I can't thank ORV enough for being so understanding and supportive.

You all get 5 gold stars today from me.
Sorry to hear that your shower didn't turn out to be what you expected. I thank you from all the team regarding good words on our service people. I am copying your message to the managers as praise can be far and few between at times. They will appreciate that!

Thank you!
Old 09-15-2015, 10:51 AM   #46

RipSticher

We still have a water leak and I am thinking it may be in the same area as your water leak as well as being a fitting. The water runs out from under the shower (shower/kitchen wall) along the side of the bathroom/kitchen wall, around the toilet and towards the "hallway". I have found a blue substance (looks like the soap residue from a Brillo Pad) on the kitchen side next to the water heater. The water leak is not consistent, I am wondering if it has something to do with the water pressure.

Did you have a water leak every time you turned on the water? How did you determine the location of the leak & what fittings?

Thanks
Old 09-16-2015, 10:19 PM   #47

Please remember, I'd only had the trailer about two weeks when we finally determined it wasn't something *I* was doing.

Two days into moving into this trailer, I got a portable washing machine that I can roll into the bathroom. I was not sure if some of the water could have been caused by the water being expelled from the washer into the shower... and maybe the force of it could have gone under the shower enclosure wall or maybe across the base of the shower.

And out in my hallway... I've got dog dishes with water... My fridge is there and I retrieve ice out of there... and I have a granddaughter around some of the time... so I have all sorts of things that could have left little puddles in the hallway area.

What finally determined it being a fresh water problem was when I had been away for a day, came home late, didn't run any water in the shower... and the next morning I had water following the wall and crossing into the hallway in my trailer. When I tried to soak up the water and push down on the floor by the wall, it was obvious I was wicking up water from under that wall - and omg - that made me feel just sick knowing I had a full-on plumbing problem. (not my cup of tea to fix, that's for sure!)

Also remember... we aren't talking a flood here... just a slow amount of water that created a puddle in the middle of my hallway by the fridge.

Now... who knows how level I've got this trailer... lol... so maybe the water could have stayed along the exterior wall.. and maybe - for some reason - the trailer may now be leaning just enough for the water to finally make it to the center of the trailer. Or there is enough of the water to finally make it around the wall and into the hallway.

I use a water pressure regulator... so I have a relatively slow-flow through the water system in the trailer. Had I not had that on, I'm guessing I would have had a really significant "event" ... omg.

As for determining the fittings were at fault... there was no way to determine anything without pulling the whole &*^#$# shower out of the bathroom. It was quite a job. But once it was out, it was very clear that water was coming out of the fittings... and the fittings were not tightened down. They weren't even thumb-tight. To put it in my tech's terms: "The fittings were 'placed' on the threads, but not tightened."

You might have the same dilemma... and if you do... get ready for a day of adventure in getting that shower out of there.
RipStitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:18 AM   #48

Commercial Member

Was the leak at the shower faucet?
Old 09-17-2015, 09:03 PM   #49

ORVPDMAN...

If you're asking me... *NO*.

It was the fresh water city connection inlet fitting that is on the interior of the trailer. This fitting is *between* the interior wall and the shower enclosure.

You have to pull the shower out to get to it.

Does that make sense?

Sorry if my initial post was not clear enough.
RipStitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:20 PM   #50

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Same place mine leaked! Removed city inlet, 3 screws on out side pulled out tightened fitting
Mtn Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:57 AM   #51

Quote:

Please remember, I'd only had the trailer about two weeks when we finally determined it wasn't something *I* was doing.

Two days into moving into this trailer, I got a portable washing machine that I can roll into the bathroom. I was not sure if some of the water could have been caused by the water being expelled from the washer into the shower... and maybe the force of it could have gone under the shower enclosure wall or maybe across the base of the shower.

And out in my hallway... I've got dog dishes with water... My fridge is there and I retrieve ice out of there... and I have a granddaughter around some of the time... so I have all sorts of things that could have left little puddles in the hallway area.

What finally determined it being a fresh water problem was when I had been away for a day, came home late, didn't run any water in the shower... and the next morning I had water following the wall and crossing into the hallway in my trailer. When I tried to soak up the water and push down on the floor by the wall, it was obvious I was wicking up water from under that wall - and omg - that made me feel just sick knowing I had a full-on plumbing problem. (not my cup of tea to fix, that's for sure!)

Also remember... we aren't talking a flood here... just a slow amount of water that created a puddle in the middle of my hallway by the fridge.

Now... who knows how level I've got this trailer... lol... so maybe the water could have stayed along the exterior wall.. and maybe - for some reason - the trailer may now be leaning just enough for the water to finally make it to the center of the trailer. Or there is enough of the water to finally make it around the wall and into the hallway.

I use a water pressure regulator... so I have a relatively slow-flow through the water system in the trailer. Had I not had that on, I'm guessing I would have had a really significant "event" ... omg.

As for determining the fittings were at fault... there was no way to determine anything without pulling the whole &*^#$# shower out of the bathroom. It was quite a job. But once it was out, it was very clear that water was coming out of the fittings... and the fittings were not tightened down. They weren't even thumb-tight. To put it in my tech's terms: "The fittings were 'placed' on the threads, but not tightened."

You might have the same dilemma... and if you do... get ready for a day of adventure in getting that shower out of there.
Thank you for the info.