Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2016, 08:18 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thumbs Up for Outdoors RV!

All we hear are the problems. That's fair. But, we hardly ever hear the good stuff. With this writing I hope to alleviate that.

We bought our 2016 Creekside 23RKS from Edwards RV in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta, Canada. That's a 15 hour drive from our door.

Why would you do that, you say? Well, in all our research, we decided that Outdoors RV made their trailers the way we wanted ours made; four seasons.

We contacted ORV, they contacted Edwards RV, and they contacted us. They were terrific to deal with and in short order we were on our way to Alberta to buy our new trailer!

We arrived at Rocky Mountain House on Wednesday evening. We drove around the Edwards RV lot. Their business was closed for the night, but we saw our trailer backed up to the service door, hooked up to services with the air conditioner running. Then we went over to the hotel next door for the night.

We walked into the Edwards RV dealership the next morning at 9:00. Wow! What a great team! Very professional, very helpful in every way. They had new heavy duty batteries installed and fully charged. The propane tanks were filled. The water tank was filled. The black and grey tanks were flushed and emptied. Wow!

We were given as much time as we wanted to look over the trailer and discuss things about the trailer with staff and owners. A couple of times I found something I didn't think was quite right; the technician was there faster than you could blink, and he was all over it, checking it, adjusting it or fixing it. He didn't leave until he knew that I was happy with what he had done. Later in the day, the senior owner stopped by to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. We were welcome to stay there at their business that night and any subsequent nights until we were satisfied that everything was as it should be. What a team!

They took our truck and hooked it up to the trailer, supplying and adjusting the Equal-iz-er hitch. The technician told me that he thought we may have to do some 'fine tuning' on the suspension of our truck to make things perfect, but we were good to go for our trip home, and we were.

Now, we have since begun to do some 'fine tuning' on our truck to make this truck-trailer package a dream machine, but that's not the focus of this story.

We also have some opinions about the way the interior of the trailer is built and designed, but that's not the focus of this story.

The focus of this story is this. We have only owned our new Creekside 23RKS trailer for a couple of weeks. We have been living in it since we bought it. The workmanship is great! We haven't had a workmanship or product problem at all! It's almost disappointing! I have a notepad all set up so that I can list in great detail all the issues that must be dealt with to render this trailer acceptable and usable. Not one line! Not one comment!

Good on you, ORV! And good on you, Edwards RV!

Jim
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2016, 08:55 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the review, it's great to read them when they are positive.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 10:40 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yes I agree, more should be said about these RVs when they don't have problems. We love our Creek Side 23RKS.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:52 PM   #4

Never have I had a problem with mine. 5 months on the road and 14k miles last year. Been on the road since June 1st to attend rally in OR. and do factory tour. Still traveling this year and already 5k miles and not a single complaint. Ok just one, not enough room to store my "Apple Pie". All drinking aside, I love my 2015 Creek Side 20 FQ. Thank you Outdoors RV for a wonderful product.
SanDiegoPinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:08 AM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
We agree, we have had our 23RKS now for 4 seasons and love it. Never had a problem, knock on wood, and we usually average 65 days out. Now that the wife is retired we will do more. I still need a home base so two to three weeks out at a time will be enough for me....Go Pinky, your set up with your "Ram Dodge" is good looking...
motcrew12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:00 AM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
For the people at ORV, it's their life, not just a job. Meeting them at the rally was proof of that.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:51 PM   #7

On the weekend I looked at new Creekside that is owned by a friend's neighbor. I pulled inside and outside panels off to see what things looked like.

It was great to see the improvements ORV has made in workmanship and quality control.

jtbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:01 PM   #8

Great testimonial!
We are picking up our new (2015) Blackstone 280RKSB in a few days. I especially like that they are made out west and a sister company of Arctic Fox.
Just joined your forum and already have a sheet of questions for the dealer from reading your posts!

Steve and Marilyn Robertson
Retired
2007 GMC Duramax
Banks system
2015 Blackstone 280RKSB (soon)
Grey rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:48 AM   #9

We just picked our new trailer up Friday and I have spent most of the week end poking around the innards if you will. removing access panels pulling drawers and poking a camera in to spaces to see what is hidden behind the cabinets and walls.

I have had a variety of rigs in the past and have worked on many friends units but none were built better then this one. Little things like metal brackets on the water lines to prevent kinking where the plumbing goes around corners. Holes are cut or drilled where the wires or plumbing pass though walls,cabinets not just punched though with a hammer. Minimal amount of sawdust and wood chips (there will always be some). I have seen debris pinched between the floor and cabinets in other units which caused poor fit and weak joints that eventualy may loosen. In my last rig I pulled enough sawdust/chips to fill a gallon bucket just from what was under the fridge and around the furnace area. Wires are cut to length with no undue excess just shoved back behind.

To me it all indicates a pride in there workmanship and the quality is built in. So yes a big thumbs up to the team at Outdoors Rv.
bucknaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 01:18 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Welcome to the new owners and members here. We have lots of fun here.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door