RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:55 AM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Too early to de-winterize ??

Getting yancee to de-winterize my 2019 OUTDOORS RV-21FQS-TIMBER RIDGE..We are to have more freeze's coming--Would i be able to drain-sanitize-drain again,then blow out the system sufficiently enough to keep from freezing ???? Would like to get more familiar with the water system so i dont delay my 1st camping trip.Thanks

nicfroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2019, 10:34 AM   #2

Why not? If you did it once, should be no problem....

Old 03-26-2019, 12:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfroo View Post
Getting yancee to de-winterize my 2019 OUTDOORS RV-21FQS-TIMBER RIDGE..We are to have more freeze's coming--Would i be able to drain-sanitize-drain again,then blow out the system sufficiently enough to keep from freezing ???? Would like to get more familiar with the water system so i dont delay my 1st camping trip.Thanks
A freeze is a freeze. If water is trapped anywhere, it will expand in that space. If the trapped space is rigid, it will burst.

Blow out is a legitimate winterizing method, but may void warranty. Check your manual.

Antifreeze is cheap. Water pumps and valves are expensive.
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 12:49 PM   #4

30 lbs air pressure is safe....
Old 03-26-2019, 01:09 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
30 lbs air pressure is safe....
But can blow air through low areas and not remove it all. Best is to remove as much water then use antifreeze.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 01:12 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I follow Mr. Dís advice even though the building I store the RV in has not dipped below freezing in 4 years.
Cheap insurance and no frustrations in the spring.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:40 PM   #7

Did I say no anti freeze?.....Don't think so.....
Old 03-26-2019, 08:36 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Have our coach at the house doing a little spring cleaning and preventative maintenance, just itching to get the anti-freeze out of the lines and clean the hot water heater in preparation for our next outing. Although we're in the southeast, it's still too early for us to de-winterize so we'll patiently wait a couple more weeks. As an added bonus, I did add 2" of R-10 rigid foam board to the underbelly of bedroom floor in the pass-thru basement and the front storage area where the bedroom floor area floor didn't appear to have that much insulation other than the astro foil. I used an entire 4x8 sheet of rigid foam to accomplish the task.
RAM 6.7 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 11:55 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I have one 22 degree night this Sunday, then all the lows are in the 30's and 40' onward.

In the fall I'll use the 26-28 degree zone as my safe zone, meaning if the forecast is calling for a 26 degree or cooler night followed by the next day only into the low 30's I'll winterize. In the spring I'll do the opposite. You can always just turn the furnace on if you get another cold night in a week or two.

I put my batteries back in yesterday, and brought the items I pulled out of the RV last fall into the living-room to sort out. Put the batteries back in the flashlights.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:11 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Now that the weatherman has essentially called winter over here in the Southeast, we'll be de-winterizing our coach this weekend. While we're at it, we'll also be installing cedar lining in the wardrobe slideout and bathroom closet that is used for additional wardrobe storage for the DW. Thinking about adding shelves in the wardrobe slideout to give us more storage room and remove those clothes hanger slides. Prepping for post sale of the S&B so we have that additional space for extended stays.

RAM 6.7 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter