Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-23-2017, 06:31 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Wardrobe Slide Leak

Just spent a few days on the coast in some of the worst rain that I've ever experienced with the TT. For a couple of days the TT was parked with the left/driver side (the side with the slides) sitting about 2" higher than the other side. Both slides were open. While the main slide was fine, we found the carpeting in the bedroom below the wardrobe slide was sopping wet. While the inside of the wardrobe was completely dry, water was running down the left and right sides of the slide, and running down the wall onto the carpet.

I called Thompson RV this morning and the tech said that this is something that happens if the "slide side" of the TT is high. That there are 4 channels that normally take the water away but if it is sitting high, in hard rain, the water can overcome the channels.

I don't view it as a major issue because it was highly abnormal for the TT to be sitting this high on that side, and I'll definitely make sure it doesn't get parked that way again with the slides out, but thought I'd share the info so that others are aware of the potential for leakage issues.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2017, 06:53 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
No slide on mine but thanks for the heads up. I'm sure it'll help someone.

60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:22 PM   #3
R.B

Do you have slide toppers? I'm curious if those would help in that situation.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:34 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.B View Post
Do you have slide toppers? I'm curious if those would help in that situation.
Do not have slide toppers. Toppers might have mitigated it somewhat, but with the wind blowing the rain sideways in sheets, I don't know that it would have eliminated it completely.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:26 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Had same problem, maybe less water inside and no carpet, last Nov on the OR coast. Has to be Oregon problem!!!! No slide topper on closet slide at that time. No leaks on main slide during same time frame.

Have toppers on both since early this year, and have been through some good rains and winds with no "obvious" leakage. Definitely would and can say that a topper would help. Haven't seen any extreme water amounts on slides in the winds. They help a bunch!!!

Tags
leak, slide