Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2019, 07:36 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Wardrobe Slider Leaks

Hi all, just wondering if anyone else has a wardrobe slider that leaks at the inside corners of the slider? I have a 2016 Blackstone with the wardrobe slider. About a year after purchase I noticed the corners of the wardrobe were wet, along with the carpet in the slider, and a drip coming from the left corner. I have been having the dealer look at it for the past 2 years with no success at stopping the leak. so far there is no visible damage. Unfortunately I waited too long to contact Outdoors RV with this issue via email and photos. The representative seemed to know what the problem was and stated the "T bar molding needs to be sealed" as if this was a known problem. Then he stated that my trailer was out of warranty and Outdoors RV could not help me.

This was very disappointing, considering my dealer has done repairs that they paid for under warranty that did not resolve the problem. I am considering legal action and would like to know if anyone else has had this leaking issue with their wardrobe slider.

I wish to add that we love our trailer very much and would recommend ORV to others, this is just a single issue that I wish could be resolved in a fair manner.
MajorDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2019, 07:28 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorDel View Post
This was very disappointing, considering my dealer has done repairs that they paid for under warranty that did not resolve the problem. I am considering legal action and would like to know if anyone else has had this leaking issue with their wardrobe slider.
So... since they couldn't fix a problem that arose during the warranty period, in spite of several attempts, they are trying to say it's no longer their problem?

I thought ORV was one of the good companies?
steve52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:30 AM   #3

ORV is just like the rest of em. Not that thats a bad thing. But they all play the denial game.
I would contact Trailer Life Magazine in their RV Resolutions section. If they think they have a case they will arbitrate for you to see if a resolution can be reached.
Normally they just do RV's still under warranty, but if you have proof that you started trying to fix the issue under warranty and it's still an on going problem then they may step in.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:29 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
While the person you spoke with at ORV may have known about the problem simply because it is a common issue - slide maintenance esp the seals is not a warranty issue- unless they were not properly installed at the factory.

Your dealer may have not contacted ORV with your issues and simply fixed things. Warranty repair work involves lots of documentation with both Northwood and ORV - some dealers may not want to go through all of that if the fix is simple - the absorb it out of the profit they made selling you the rig in the first place.

Rather than legal action - I would start with the dealer and see if they can get some traction with ORV. Even copies of the paperwork showing the warranty repair work done might be enough to start things in motion. Better yet call and ask for Todd in service and explain things to him.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:52 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just concluded the same issue with our Glacier Peak wardrobe slider. Water was detected on the carpet after heavy blowing wind rain storms this winter, here in So Cal. I do not want water in the trailer anywhere. It was migrating along the carpet and flooring and going under the bed along the floor about 4 inches.

I setup a fan blowing air for several days to dry it out.

I removed the t-bar metal around the top and bottom, both sides, and resealed and replaced the metal rails. Then I sealed all areas that might cause the water to drip to the inside along the same railing. It's black in color. The weather stripping actually causes the water to flow to these areas, more so when the slide is retracted for some reason.

Water will follow this railing like a river and end up inside your trailer. I put a cookie pan there one storm and got a 1/4 cup of water in it!

I had to work at it a couple times to completely eliminate it. I never go to to a dealer for this kind of work. Not hard work, but you have to be persistent, and think like a water molecule.

Best of luck.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:24 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
If you call Todd Morton at the factory and explain that the dealer had attempted a fix that failed he can either direct a technician as to how to fix it or you may be able to schedule a factory repair. They do work on customer trailers sometimes and if not in warranty you may have to pay for it but at least it is done right.
My trailer had a slide leak that the dealer tried to fix for several months and one trip to the factory is all it took to get it right. And they fixed the botched work the dealer did too.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:17 PM   #7

First off, there should be a RV ‘rs bill of rights, that’s the only way for some accountability!
Also, I bought a new Glaicer Peak that had a long cloth type tape seam from the factory, on my diniite slide! I just shook my head, what are they thinking???
04 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab Laramie, 4X4, 3:73's BFG 285's All Terrain, Putco 4" Boss Bars, Mag Hi-Tec Dbl. Deep Trans Pan and Diff Covers, AFE Cold Air Intake, Rokk Crank Sensor and more junk
45Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:29 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
From what I understand the slide main wall is the actual cutout from the wall. So it probably just a fluke that on your unit there was a seam in the inside wall.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:52 AM   #9

No, it’s a tape seam on the slider rubber seal.
For those with leaking problems, I’m curious if you have the slide topper awning and still having a problem?
04 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab Laramie, 4X4, 3:73's BFG 285's All Terrain, Putco 4" Boss Bars, Mag Hi-Tec Dbl. Deep Trans Pan and Diff Covers, AFE Cold Air Intake, Rokk Crank Sensor and more junk
45Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 12:37 PM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Update to the Wardrobe Slider issue

My Dealer, Gardner's RV in Great Falls, MT. is working on the slide as of this writing. They say it will be done by the end of the week and take care of the issue since I have been having problems since the purchase. I hope this will be it because we love or Blackstone which has been the best trailer we have owned (3 in all).

I will provide another update once I test the repairs with some camping in the rain.
MajorDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:01 PM   #11

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Wind during heavy rain can push water under the slideout awning, they ain't perfect!!
2003 Excursion XLT V10 4:30 Axles
DualCam HP 450W Roof Solar/320W Portable
Tuquala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:40 PM   #12

We had the same issue in our 2016 Glacier Peak 26CIS. I replaced the top gasket (it had a split) and sealed virtually every seam. No problem since then. The seal replacement was not a problem. Orderd itnfrom then factory, cut to length. Easy peasy
colobear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, leaks, slide