Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Outdoors RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2019, 06:48 AM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuquala View Post

If you looked into the hole and you just see a "channel" that makes it look like there is no hose or duct there, you should have the foam board channel that I'm sure all ORV's have.
hmmmm, maybe I was thinking of the furnace ducting in my previous post. Now I'm not so sure ...
brulaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2019, 12:47 PM   #16

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Wilf View Post
Thanks for the replies, appreciate it. I do have a scope at work, it will be put to use. When I pulled the inside cover off yesterday, there were no signs of any sort of openings for cool air to flow into the ducts, I'm assuming outdoor "forgot" to make some holes and connect the duct work. I will run the scope up the duct work and see what I can find from the back side.
To rectify the issue, (depending what I find with the scope) I'm thinking I can just go down to my local hardware store and pick up same size ABS pipe, hole saw correct size thru the wood sides and connect, and of course seal everything up nice and tight. For those of you that have been in there looking and reconnecting, would this work? or is there a better way?

Depending what I find, this is such a minor issue, it's not worth me taking to the dealer for warranty. I've had the trailer since last Sept, and this is the first of any sort issue I've had...knocking on some wood right now.
I think you'll change your mind once its over 100 outside and the ac is not working in all areas.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:58 PM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Thanks for everyone’s replies. Fixed it. Manufacturer didn’t cut out for the cold air ceiling ducting.
The ducting is channel boarding with dense foam glued on (approx 8in x 3in)
I scoped to the back side of the ac unit from the duct outlets, saw the boards that should have been opened up. I opened up both sides of the ac cold air chamber boards, covered everything with aluminum tape including air intake side. Seems to work pretty good... and yes, I had to vacuum. Longest and most frustrating part of the job was getting that damn foil tape off it’s backing...LOL. This fix cost me $7 cad.

Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A0024F3E-73F9-4AE6-A6DD-712BAA13E8C9.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	250336   Click image for larger version

Name:	F93FB8F0-29BA-42B8-9FA8-80672421DBB8.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	250337  

Old 06-18-2019, 04:25 PM   #18
Dom

Red Green would be proud
Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:39 PM   #19

Perfect!!!
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:56 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Wilf View Post
Thanks for everyone’s replies. Fixed it. Manufacturer didn’t cut out for the cold air ceiling ducting.
The ducting is channel boarding with dense foam glued on (approx 8in x 3in)
I scoped to the back side of the ac unit from the duct outlets, saw the boards that should have been opened up. I opened up both sides of the ac cold air chamber boards, covered everything with aluminum tape including air intake side. Seems to work pretty good... and yes, I had to vacuum. Longest and most frustrating part of the job was getting that damn foil tape off it’s backing...LOL. This fix cost me $7 cad.

Thanks again.
Man. It's stuff like this that gives me pause on dropping $35K on a new trailer. When I could spend half that and probably end up with the same issues. I know this make isn't immune but some of these issues I see posted are real head scratchers.
SunDevil99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:10 PM   #21

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yep, same problem on ours. Todd and the crew at ORV fixed it right up on our way to the Campout two years ago, but it was a puzzler at first. Just cut the holes, yeah. Nice work with the foil tape!

Sorry I didn't see this sooner--we've been on the road getting to the Campout!
BornToWander is offline   Reply With Quote