Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2016, 12:36 PM   #1

2000 Aerbus Headlight Assemby

I need to replace the left headlight assembly and don't know what to shop for. I recall seeing someplace that Rexhall used headlights from 1998 or 1999 Lincoln Navigators, but none of the pictures of headlights on various sites look exactly like mine. There is a chromed trim ring around the assembly with a Continental emblem behind the side reflector. Any ideas?

Thanks

al
aslaksonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2016, 07:21 AM   #2

After way too much digging, it appears that my headlights are 1997 Lincoln Town Car. At least the pictures match. Ordered from Amazon, and I'll know in a few days.

al
Old 03-14-2016, 08:44 PM   #3

Rexhall Owners Group
Thanks aslaksonal, Curious myself.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:23 PM   #4

Headlights !! rexhall

I'm not sure about your rig. but on mine a 99 rose air 32 footer. I had a heck of a lot of fun finding headlight replacements. Turns out mine are 99 ford f-150's but you can't just order f-150 headlights. There's a number schedule on them that has to be matched. One other interesting note , there are no adjusters just washers on the mounting bolts ( you have to keep track of how they came off). I really enjoy my rexhall, but they sure did some weird things when they built them.
luggnutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:36 PM   #5

Pictures always help these type threads:
2000 Aerbus (right?):

1997 Towncar:

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:41 PM   #6

1999 Roseair (right?):

Looks more like a 1999 Lincoln Navigator:

Than an F150:

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 12:14 PM   #7

Al, when we had a Rexhall, it was a 2001 DP, with headlights identical to yours. The headlights were off of a 1992 Lincoln Towncar. I am not sure if the 1997 Lincoln headlight assembly will work but the 1992 will.
The tail lights for many years were off of '90's Ford Econoline vans.

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:06 AM   #8

Just to follow up: The part of the headlight assembly I needed to replace is called the "cornering light" - it's separate from the actual headlight, and is the part of the assembly that wraps around the side of the bus. It is in fact from a 1997 Town Car - at least the replacement I got is an exact match, minus the Lincoln badge.

The only problem I had replacing it was that the original was impossible to remove, at least for me. It's held on by one screw and one threaded stud. That stud goes thru the fiberglass and comes out in a place where you just can't get at it without removing the headlight. And on my rig, the headlight mounting studs are blocked by assorted hydraulic hoses and the like. I wound up cutting the original cornering light assembly apart and grinding off the mounting stud (gotta love a Dremel) to the point where I could push it thru. The replacement then just snapped into place. I still haven't figured out how to get a nut onto that new stud, but with just the screw holding it, it seems rock solid. I may still drill another screw hole to make it more solid.

Also, FWIW, there are two light bulbs in that cornering fixture, and the forward one can only be changed by removing the fixture - there's no way to get at it from behind. Fortunately, the rear light is the bigger and brighter one and you can get at that one from behind.

All this with only the tools I carry with me. (minor brag)

Thanks for all the input.

al
Old 04-08-2016, 10:50 PM   #9

Spartan Chassis
Rexhall Owners Group
Most of these headlights have a part number molded into them. On many motorhomes They come from a company called TYC. My 2001 Vision uses 1997-98 F-150. I found that out by doing an Ebay search of the TYC part number from the lens. It was the same scenario on my Bounder which turned out ot be BMW headlights. So just look for the TYC # and Bob's Your Uncle.
DynoDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:03 AM   #10

Rexhall Owners Group
That is a great tip, Don, thanks for sharing the knowledge!
John USA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light