Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2015, 11:15 PM   #1

A/C and fridge vent covers

Hi everyone I just bought a 99 aerbus and the front ac cover and fridge vent cover broke In a heavy wind storm when the PO had it. Was wondering which ones I need. It has a dou therm on the other ac cover. Any info would be great thanks
lunchmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2015, 12:16 AM   #2

If the A/C covers appear to be the same , there may be a part number on the underside of the remaining cover. You could remove the cover and see if it fits the front while checking for a P/N.
Fridge vents differ slightly from fridge manufactures, If you want an exact replacement or Camco makes a universal cover that could be used on either Dometic or Norcold. The difference is in the mounting screw spacing so you'll need that dimension.
Old 10-19-2015, 11:25 AM   #3

Rexhall Owners Group
My 1999 Aerbus has two and I believe they are identical. As suggested, remove one and see if it fits on the other AC. There are only 4 screws that keep them in place. It's likely that many RV's in this era used the same AC's and covers. I'd look for a used one at a salvage yard. Cost new can be pricy.

As an aside, both of mine had cracked where it screws into the AC. Rather than replace at $200+ each, I duct taped them. I did this prior to our last trip. They held up well during the 10,000 miles we drove the coach. Good luck.
garyb1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 12:37 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
See if any of these match up: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...re%2Caps%2C158

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...itioner+shroud
Volunteers USFWS. 9,300 hrs each, 29 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:57 PM   #5

good call, i could pull the other off for a part number, the front one is completly gone and the cover on the fridge is as well, wanted to get them covered before winter hit. ill have to climb up there and see, the front and rear unit show to be the same.
lunchmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:19 PM   #6

Rexhall Owners Group
They are identical. I had to purchase two new ones for both the front and rear AC units. Look at the model number from the inside by dropping the inside plastic cover. The new ones are more streamlined.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:38 PM   #7

Check on Ebay and Amazon for better prices for the covers. I found covers for my DuoTherm Penguin air conditioners on amazon for less than one hundred apiece shipped. You do need to keep the covers for the air conditioners in top shape as they are used to channel the air through the condenser.
scdiver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, vent