Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2016, 09:04 AM   #1

Auxiliary Switches?

Can anyone tell why I have two auxillary switches on my dash?
DennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2016, 09:12 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisMenace View Post
Can anyone tell why I have two auxillary switches on my dash?
Can you add the year and model of your RV to the post ?
Maybe even a picture of the dash showing the switches will help members tell you what they're for.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:19 AM   #3

1992 Rexhall Aerbus, 38 ft, 460 Ford, 1 1/2 baths, 2 side entry doors, drivers door, Generac 6.5 Kw, 21,000 miles!
Old 07-23-2016, 12:24 PM   #4

Rexhall Owners Group
If you have chassis and coach batteries the aux switch could be to start the engine from the coach batteries should the chassis batteries be low. This how my system works.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:55 PM   #5

Thanks for the reply MartinP. I come to that same conclusion with the 2nd switch being vacant for future use. Do you know what you Generator start/stop switch wiring colors are?
Old 07-25-2016, 05:30 PM   #6

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisMenace View Post
Thanks for the reply MartinP. I come to that same conclusion with the 2nd switch being vacant for future use. Do you know what you Generator start/stop switch wiring colors are?
No sorry I don't. I will have to get under the dash to see. My generator stop/start switch is located next to the aux switch. The third switch that I have in that row is for the map lights. Hope this helps.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:10 PM   #7

Rexhall Owners Group
If we're talking the same bank of switches, on mine, the other switch is for map lights. (At least, that's what I call them). Up front, above each door, is a little light. Turned it on in the day time, didn't notice the lights coming on. Owned it for a couple weeks before I figured it out. Same with the switch for the outdoor light on the driver side...that was a head scratcher for a few days.

Bank of three switches:
1-Gen start
2-Map Lights
3-House batteries to start the engine. I used that for the first time a few months ago, worked like a champ!
John USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:14 PM   #8

Yes! Mine has a bank of 4 switches. Top to bottom: Map lites, Generator start/stop, Auxillary #1, Auxillary #2. I think the Generator is white/red/blue. Got the Maps ok, and the Auxillary #1.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:47 PM   #9

Rexhall Owners Group
I found another post where someone said they had a bank of four switches, and one was for controlling a light under the hood.
John USA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
switch