Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2017, 03:23 PM   #1

Rexhall Owners Group
Bedroom slide got the tilts

My Rex has a bedroom/dressing room slide on the passenger side. This thing has only one driving piston and has always been somewhat fussy. Lately when I am bringing it in, when it gets close to retracting completely, 10-12 inches or so, the inside bottom floor begins to lift as it retracts. When the slide has retracted as far as it will go, the bottom is touching the coach on the outside, and the top is three inches out. If I go ahead and drive it down the road, sometime within the first few miles, I usually hear a thud, as the slide settles down to its proper location. Does anyone have any ideas what is doing this, and how to fix it ? The slide topper works well, I have lubricated the slide seals, and they seem to be in good condition.
Bobb.25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2017, 11:59 AM   #2

Rexhall Owners Group
A bump for the daytime crowd .
Old 12-24-2017, 03:26 PM   #3

Rexhall Owners Group
Ours is an '03 Aerbus 3550 gas w/ 2 HWH hydraulic slides. The streetside hung up a bit extending the last time out but we haven't noticed anything on the curbside yet. But I'd like to keep in touch and find out what you discover is the culprit.
tps42769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:15 PM   #4

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by tps42769 View Post
Ours is an '03 Aerbus 3550 gas w/ 2 HWH hydraulic slides. The streetside hung up a bit extending the last time out but we haven't noticed anything on the curbside yet. But I'd like to keep in touch and find out what you discover is the culprit.
TSP. I am far from an expert on these things, but I'll share what I have discovered in the last 6 or 7 years with my Rex. On mine, the L.R. Slide is the larger slide, and has two box shaped support beams underneath. When the slide is out, they are easy to see because the retracting shade covers for that area have stopped working. The box beam ( my term ) which supports the slide is silver/grey color. It slides into the RV over glide blocks that are a white/ivory color. I carefully cleaned all four sides of the beam with solvent, and then coated them with a drying slide room lubricant that was available online. The operation of this slide is now much smoother.
Last fall I discovered a new trick to help the bedroom slide, and time will tell how that works out.
If you learn any new tricks about these HWH systems, I would appreciate it if you would share.
Bob

Tags
slide