Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2015, 08:49 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by John USA View Post
Assuming you have dash start, and a start switch on the generator? Is it no-go from both locations?
Thanks for the welcome.

No go on either switch. I can hear the soleniod click but no crank. Cleaned all the connections including the ground to the frame. New batteries with good charge. Even used my big rolling battery charger that has a start feature and nothing. I suspect maybe bad brushes in the starter but I'm not completely sure.
It was running and then when I shut it off, no luck starting it since then
jrork is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2015, 06:42 PM   #30

Rexhall Owners Group
I actually did inquire sometime ago asking why there was not a forum for the Rexhall owners. Hopefully this time we will get one. I know the Rexhalls are not as prolific as other makes but non the less, they are out there and are a good unit. We have done a lot of mods also including transmission, rear axle ratio and solar. Now working on a pac brake install, hope to find the time to finish it off one of these days.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:45 PM   #31

Rexhall Owners Group
Jrork,
If you are getting 12 volts out from the solenoid contact then, I would also suspect the starter brushes.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:06 AM   #32

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinP View Post
I actually did inquire sometime ago asking why there was not a forum for the Rexhall owners. Hopefully this time we will get one. I know the Rexhalls are not as prolific as other makes but non the less, they are out there and are a good unit.
I agree. It's easy to see from the responses that there is a good representation of models and years...we all didn't show up to the party in the same dress, so to speak...lot's of knowledge/experience to be shared, I'm sure.
John USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:56 AM   #33

Freightliner Owners Club
Our trip

Well we got on the road yesterday headed up that I-5 towards Oregon got to Santa nella and found the tire tie down strap on the tow dolly had losend up and came off it took out the trial light and bent the fender. Then saw the tail pipe was loose and about to fall off. Well 6 hrs later it was all fixed and we found a spot to spend the night. It's an adventure.
Suzque49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:20 PM   #34

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have been proud owners of our 2000 Aerbus for 5 years. Love our Rexhall MH!
Old 08-11-2015, 03:13 PM   #35

Rexhall Owners Group
Hey, Kevin, thanks for checking in, the more the merrier!

Need everyone we can to at least stop by and say "hi", hopefully illustrate to the admins that we are a viable owners group.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:14 PM   #36

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzque49 View Post
Well we got on the road yesterday headed up that I-5 towards Oregon got to Santa nella and found the tire tie down strap on the tow dolly had losend up and came off it took out the trial light and bent the fender. Then saw the tail pipe was loose and about to fall off. Well 6 hrs later it was all fixed and we found a spot to spend the night. It's an adventure.
Not the adventure you forecast, I'm sure...where in Oregon are you headed?
Old 08-12-2015, 05:20 AM   #37

Rexhall Owners Group
I'm still all in.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:05 AM   #38

Rexman

2004 rexair we love our Rexhall.
Rexman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:00 AM   #39

I was a Rexhall RexAir owner from 1997 until 2010. During that time there were several Rexhall forums, none of which appear to be functioning today with the exception of a YahooGroup owners forum which you might want to look into. Another alternative might be to purchase the now defunct and up for sale Rexhalltips.com domain which provided some good modifications to the factory shortcomings.

In over a week, you have only received responses from 13 owners/potential owners. Hardly enough to justify a separate forum. There are literally dozens of other now defunct manufacturers with far more units on the road that, for whatever reason, do not have their own forums. So, don't be discouraged if the admin staff doesn't react to your request. You do have alternatives, but I wouldn't be optimistic about sustaining a large following capable of long term success.

Best of luck in your endeavor. Hope you garner enough interest to establish the forum you desire either here or on your own.

Planocat
Planocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:44 AM   #40

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planocat View Post
I was a Rexhall RexAir owner from 1997 until 2010. During that time there were several Rexhall forums, none of which appear to be functioning today with the exception of a YahooGroup owners forum which you might want to look into. Another alternative might be to purchase the now defunct and up for sale Rexhalltips.com domain which provided some good modifications to the factory shortcomings.

In over a week, you have only received responses from 13 owners/potential owners. Hardly enough to justify a separate forum. There are literally dozens of other now defunct manufacturers with far more units on the road that, for whatever reason, do not have their own forums. So, don't be discouraged if the admin staff doesn't react to your request. You do have alternatives, but I wouldn't be optimistic about sustaining a large following capable of long term success.

Best of luck in your endeavor. Hope you garner enough interest to establish the forum you desire either here or on your own.

Planocat
Thanks Planocat...yeah, I've scoured the web pretty good, and you're pretty much on point...

The Yahoo site seems pretty clunky, and I don't have the time or skills to manage my own website.

This site seems to be the least "clunky" of them all, so that's what brings me back.

I have a good friend who owns/administers a pretty large website. One day he made a change, I shot him an email asking about a sub-forum, and quite literally, within a couple minutes the change was made. So, from that perspective, and unless I'm missing something, it doesn't seem to be a big deal to add another forum.

I'm still of the mindset "if you build it, they will come"...if the seed is never planted, nothing ever grows...
Old 08-12-2015, 10:47 AM   #41

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexman View Post
2004 rexair we love our Rexhall.
Hi Rexman...thanks for stopping by, need the support. What part of the country are you in?
Old 08-12-2015, 01:39 PM   #42

Rexhall Owners Group
FYI,
We live in Merrill, Oregon and have hookups that you can use.