Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:59 AM   #505

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwg35 View Post
You might try the basement panel just in front of the right rear tire. Mine came open and I found that it gave a lot of access to the holding tank area. There were two small strips of metal (one at the front and one at the back) that held the panel closed. I lost the screws from the strips, and the panel was blowing out while driving. The panel hinges up just like the other basement doors. I am thinking of putting another latch on it to hold it shut and still have access when needed.

The other access might be to remove the cover inside the dump area of the rig. Mine seems to have screws and a small access portal in there. I have never removed all the screws to see how it comes off, but looks like that would provide an access to that area. Let me know what you find out.

gwg35
Just want to give you an update, I found the leak and it is now fixed. It turned out the grey water tank was towards the front of the coach and not where the black tank is. From the grey tank a line ran between the black tank and wall of the compartment. The line must have had water in it over the winter and froze. Cut it out and replaced and all is good now.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2017, 03:26 PM   #506

New to us 1995 Rexair

Hello everyone we are not new to RVing but we just purchased a 33' Rexhall Rexair in pretty good shape. Look forward to learning it and glad there is a place to ask questions that will certainly arise.

Old 09-04-2017, 04:31 PM   #507

Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Rexhall Owners Group
We are new 32 ft Rexhall Aerbus 2001 owners. Lots to learn, we are new to RV's. I hope to learn from you all.

Randy
Old 09-15-2017, 07:22 PM   #508

1997 RexAir ML-2550 Widebody

Hello all. We purchased our 1997 RexAir in June of 2015, and have been traveling in it full time since. We love it, the rig has been nothing but reliable and great to live in and drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170226_154141746_iOS.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	458.0 KB
ID:	176752  
Old 09-15-2017, 11:37 PM   #509

Questvent. Aahhh, Home Sweet Home . . . in the snow? Nice looking rig. Comfy & Cozy.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:46 PM   #510

ZandyWX. Your Aerbus will teach you what you need to know. You may not like the timing of the lessons. One of our memorable lessons about maintenance was one hot afternoon on the 210 freeway, rush hour, just passing Pasadena (California) and our fuel pump choked on debris and crud. The main fuel pump is located inside the gasoline tank. Maintenance. Maintenance. That was more than a year ago. Today I got my Aerbus back from the mechanic who performed lots of maintenance so I can hopefully avoid inconvenient surprises away from home. Maintenance.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:48 AM   #511

Quote:
Originally Posted by questvent View Post
Hello all. We purchased our 1997 RexAir in June of 2015, and have been traveling in it full time since. We love it, the rig has been nothing but reliable and great to live in and drive.
Nice,
Happy Camping!
Old 11-11-2017, 12:34 PM   #512

My father has been finding it difficult to drive and camp in their Rexhall, so it was offered to me as an early wedding present.

It's a 1997 Aerbus on a Chevy P30 Chassis (with the notorious Auto Park system.) It needs a good washing, but it's a beautiful rig. This particular unit does not have a slide-out, but has an amazing amount of storage, which was more important to them.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:46 AM   #513

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVTMark View Post
My father has been finding it difficult to drive and camp in their Rexhall, so it was offered to me as an early wedding present.

It's a 1997 Aerbus on a Chevy P30 Chassis (with the notorious Auto Park system.) It needs a good washing, but it's a beautiful rig. This particular unit does not have a slide-out, but has an amazing amount of storage, which was more important to them.

Welcome to our group, and congrats on the upcoming wedding. That's a nice gift! I have the Ford version of your Aerbus...and you're right, tons of storage.
John USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:48 AM   #514

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milrtym View Post
Hello everyone we are not new to RVing but we just purchased a 33' Rexhall Rexair in pretty good shape. Look forward to learning it and glad there is a place to ask questions that will certainly arise.
Welcome to our group, look forward to pics when you have time!
John USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM   #515

Well shoot...Not sure if I've ever posted here before or not. This IRV2 site is HUGE and I just don't poke around enough. Finally found this thread so here goes....

Bought our 1997 Wide Body RexAir Class A about 5 years ago from a very nice gentleman (WW2 vet, and ex-cop, 1st name Otis..love that guy!).

It's our 1st Class A, no slides, but we LOVE IT!

Now, am I the ONLY one that gets excited when you see other Rexhalls cruising down the road? I absolutely love it! Although I'm probably perceived as a bit of a stalker!

The other day we were traveling through Post Falls, ID on our way back home in Spokane, WA and it was like I was looking at a mirror! EXACT SAME YEAR AND COLOR! HA! So funny!

They were hauling a toad so I wound up passing them (very slowly), and we honked and waved at each other. It was so cool! Well, as we kept going I just wanted to have another look, so there's a spot that splits out with 3 lanes so I pulled over and really slowed down, and sure enough here comes my doppelganger RV and once again we wave and beep. Gosh..so cool.

I don't know why I get so excited...I guess I would love to talk with them and see where they've been and what kind of issues they've had and how they fixed them, etc, etc.

Anyway, glad I found this thread, and I've been on here and received some great advice from many of you folks. Hopefully someday (soon? Yes PLEASE) we'll be retired and all I want to do is go!!!!!!!!!!

God bless.
TriMoot
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM   #516

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I know what you mean I love seeing other Rexhalls on the road and in campgrounds or RV parks