RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:36 PM   #603

Slide out

Howdy, I am new on this forum. I have a 1997 rexhall aerbus motorhome that the slide out is 3/4 the way out and it won't move. I have checked the fuses and there are no blown fuses. There is a fuse box under the refrigerator. Is there another fuse box? I would appreciate any help thank you.

C0wb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2018, 09:53 PM   #604

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRen View Post
Welcome to the Rexhall owners blog. I took my first 5 day trip in my RexAir 97, everything worked perfectly. That's a good feeling!

Hey DesertRen! So happy you checked in. Glad to hear things went well! No more leaks from the AC?

Hows everything else working? Levelers good? I had some small leaks (noticed a few drips on front tire when I had it up and wheels turned). I also checked the hydraulic fluid level and noticed it was a bit low. Tighten the connections everywhere then filled the hydraulic fluid box and so far so good.

Took the rig to MT, ID, (Stanley is AMAZING!) then into Boise and finally back to Spokane about three weeks ago. Had a blast, no major issues. Getting ready to visit daughter in Whidbey island then over to coast, La Push and a little further south in about two weeks. Probably only be out for a week to 10 days but really looking forward to it!

Have fun and stay in touch and let me know if you have any questions and Ill try to help.

Happy trails!

TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 11:26 PM   #605

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0wb0y View Post
Howdy, I am new on this forum. I have a 1997 rexhall aerbus motorhome that the slide out is 3/4 the way out and it won't move. I have checked the fuses and there are no blown fuses. There is a fuse box under the refrigerator. Is there another fuse box? I would appreciate any help thank you.
There are inline fuses in some of the wires running in the area of the fuse box. I had the same problem once and was stumped. Turned out to be one of those inline fuses which looked fine but was actually not making good contact.
All other times I thought there was issue it was simply operator error in terms of e brake or leveling jacks panel not being activated.
Josstoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:47 AM   #606

Quote:
I have an 01 roseair. My pump went out. Do you levelers work? Nothing worked on mine
rick317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:55 AM   #607

Slide out stuck out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josstoop View Post
There are inline fuses in some of the wires running in the area of the fuse box. I had the same problem once and was stumped. Turned out to be one of those inline fuses which looked fine but was actually not making good contact.
All other times I thought there was issue it was simply operator error in terms of e brake or leveling jacks panel not being activated.
All of mine (2 different Rexhall,s) have had more inline fuses in the front outside near the pump unit, and near the valve unit. Hope this helps.
gwg35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:37 PM   #608

What a great trip you are having. Love Stanley and that part of Idaho. Have ridden my Harley thru there a few times on the way to Sturgis, Beautiful scenery and hot spring too.
After the shroud incident, I went out one morning and the back window had a hole in it the size of a baseball and continued to grow and plant the grass with glass. Took 6 weeks for replacement mostly because the guy at RV Solutions in Coburg Oregon, close to where I live made me jump thru many hoops that were obsurd. Long story short, it's finally replaced. I'll check back in and see how your trip is going. Thanks for the shout out!
DesertRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 10:52 AM   #609

Yes I would like to have our own forum.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:54 AM   #610

After checking the levelers do not work.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:38 PM   #611

Quote:
After checking the levelers do not work.
Can you hear clicking up front at the pump? If so it's probably the pump
rick317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:33 PM   #612

Stubby - 1999 Vision

We are renovating a 1999 Vision. Got a great deal back in Feb 2018 - V10 engine with 24K miles. It was off road for about 10 years but we're enjoying getting it back on the road. So retro, we call it "Stubby"
ronbrowning1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:26 AM   #613

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRen View Post
What a great trip you are having. Love Stanley and that part of Idaho. Have ridden my Harley thru there a few times on the way to Sturgis, Beautiful scenery and hot spring too.
After the shroud incident, I went out one morning and the back window had a hole in it the size of a baseball and continued to grow and plant the grass with glass. Took 6 weeks for replacement mostly because the guy at RV Solutions in Coburg Oregon, close to where I live made me jump thru many hoops that were obsurd. Long story short, it's finally replaced. I'll check back in and see how your trip is going. Thanks for the shout out!
Oh DANG! Any idea what happen to make the hole? So sorry, glad to hear you finally got it fixed.

Yes, Stanley...don't tell anyone else, but it's heaven! LOVE LOVE LOVE that area. I was in the AF about 40 years ago, and would backpack in those mountains almost every weekend, including some in the winter. Just so beautiful.

Yes, had a great time visiting daughter #1 (we have 3) in Whidbey Island, then traveled over to Port Townsend...eh..it was okay. Good food at Doc's, but camping was just so so, partly due to the TERRIBLE SMOKE! Ugh..all the fires from Canada had everything to the south of them filled with smoke. Even out at the farthest northwestern point, Cape Flattery, you could only see about 1/4 mile.

After visiting the Cape we traveled down to La Push, WA and camped at Mora CG. I had the BEST two nights sleep there as it's a rainforest and it was sooooo quiet. Road our bikes out to Rialto Beach and walked and walked and FINALLY made it to Hole in the Wall where we found some starfish and sea anemones and two otters. Very much worth it!

We then traveled down to South Beach, which really isn't very good camping...no trees, VERY crowded...but oh my gosh..RIGHT ON THE WATER!!! Oh, and $7.50 a night for camping (We have the olde timers discount).

Traveled back to Spokane via Rt 12 south of Rainer and camped at Packwood as none of the state parks had any openings...they were PACKED! Packwood is right on Rt-12 so it's not picturesque, but guess what? As soon as we got checked in and leveled up, a herd of elk marched through the town in single file like they owned it! Crazy.

Great trip (except getting through Seattle..ugh) and enjoyed it!
Old 10-04-2018, 07:55 AM   #614

Hydraulic Jacks Alarm

Ever had your "Jacks Down" alarm go off while driving? I was driving back from camping in Key Largo when it started buzzing. I pulled over and checked, all were up. I couldn't find the buzzer to disable it so for two hours we drove with it. Needless to say, VERY Annoying. It started raining and after driving through some puddles the alarm stopped. Any Ideas?
Emeraldnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 09:56 AM   #615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldnj View Post
Ever had your "Jacks Down" alarm go off while driving? I was driving back from camping in Key Largo when it started buzzing. I pulled over and checked, all were up. I couldn't find the buzzer to disable it so for two hours we drove with it. Needless to say, VERY Annoying. It started raining and after driving through some puddles the alarm stopped. Any Ideas?
Seems clear to me.....your motorhome was telling you NOT TO LEAVE!
Old 10-05-2018, 02:53 AM   #616

Spartan Chassis
Rexhall Owners Group
Like TriMoot says!

Only once, pulled stakes one cool morning, jacks down went off an hour down the road once the temperature started rising. Turns out ATF does expand during temperature rise!

Turn on the leveller panel, hit stow, and give it a minute. The buzzer on our Rose Aire is behind the drivers left foot velcro panel, next to the Cummins diagnostic port.

Mines unhooked because DW can't take the combination of it and the chassis buzzer from low air when I'm warming up to roll.

MontyL is offline   Reply With Quote