Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2018, 02:20 PM   #631

2001 rexhall 30-foot American clipper

Hello Robert here, just found this site and it seems to have helped me already. I have a 2001 American Clipper 30-foot I believe the model is a c29. It has a Triton V10. I have a 190 inch wheelbase. I wanted to know what the tow capacity was and one of our fellow RV or sent me a complete brochure of my f53 chassis and motorhome capabilities. With my rig being 15700 lb that leaves 10300 pounds according to the brochures that I should be able to tow. I'm going to be towing a 6000 pound 4 wheel drive Suburban so they'll be no tongue weight to worry about it's just straight tow weight. So that should just about do it. Thanks Robert
Robtofast49h is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2018, 01:56 PM   #632

Anyone?

HI ALL,
WE OWN A 1998 American Clipper and don't want rear seat $45 bucks, upolstery like brand new. Location ConroeTx. Email
dollymumps@gmail.com
dolly8586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:23 AM   #633

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolly8586 View Post
HI ALL,
WE OWN A 1998 American Clipper and don't want rear seat $45 bucks, upolstery like brand new. Location ConroeTx. Email
dollymumps@gmail.com
I have a 97 RexAir and don't like our rear seat either, what are you replacing it with? I've been thinking of doing something with that seat too.

Thanks.
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 05:47 AM   #634

Hi

We aren't replacing necessarily, just putting down nice flooring. I have ottoman and antique chair either/or for the space. We are also taking out sofa, so we have more open space. If we have company, we are putting down a twin bed held in cargo.

Cool huh?

also have the sofa available for sale still in great shape, almost new.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:12 AM   #635

Quote:
Hi

We aren't replacing necessarily, just putting down nice flooring. I have ottoman and antique chair either/or for the space. We are also taking out sofa, so we have more open space. If we have company, we are putting down a twin bed held in cargo.

Cool huh?

also have the sofa available for sale still in great shape, almost new.
Hmm, that's an interesting idea...but if I took out my sofa there's the heating system I'd have to deal with as it's hidden underneath the sofa.

But I like the idea of having the extra room, and then of course having a twin bed in cargo area is interesting as well. Maybe a blow up bed instead??? Ideas, ideas, ideas....love it!
Old 11-22-2018, 03:59 AM   #636

Sofa removal

Hello

didnt know sofa had heating rig hidden there thanks for heads up, dang i wanted the extra space!

Good idea blowup bed, i kinda wanted that more homey feeling with the twin kinda like a daybed sofa

karen
Old 11-22-2018, 10:23 AM   #637

Quote:
Hello

didnt know sofa had heating rig hidden there thanks for heads up, dang i wanted the extra space!

Good idea blowup bed, i kinda wanted that more homey feeling with the twin kinda like a daybed sofa

karen

Well it is on my rig, 97 RexAir, but it might be different on yours.

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2019, 09:39 AM   #638

New to Class A but not Camping

Hi All, happy to join the party. My wife and I just bought a 2002 Rexhall Aerbus and are looking forward to enjoying our first Class A. We've gone from Tent camping to Pop ups to travel trailer to this. Hoping the learning curve isn't too hard. I was a Big truck driver for a lot of years so no worries there, but didn't get a lot of instructions on the Class A bells and whistles. She need a little TLC but hopefully we will get her sorted out.
OneWay2Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:18 PM   #639

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay2Rock View Post
Hi All, happy to join the party. My wife and I just bought a 2002 Rexhall Aerbus and are looking forward to enjoying our first Class A. We've gone from Tent camping to Pop ups to travel trailer to this. Hoping the learning curve isn't too hard. I was a Big truck driver for a lot of years so no worries there, but didn't get a lot of instructions on the Class A bells and whistles. She need a little TLC but hopefully we will get her sorted out.
Welcome to the Rexhall club and IRV2 OneWay2Rock! I know you're going to love your rig as much as all Rexhall owners do. Great quality built rigs. Post some pics when you get a chance and be sure to post questions on things that are new to you as there as MANY great folks here that have most likely already been there and done that...so to speak, and are happy to share their experiences.

Happy Glamping!
Old 01-08-2019, 07:13 PM   #640

Monaco Owners Club
Rexhall

We are new Rexhall owners. We have just purchased a 2000 RoseAir and look forward to getting to know it fellow owners.
billandfran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:32 AM   #641

Mount an Air suspension kit on Rexhall Aerbus 1992, possible ? good idea ?

Hi everybody,

Would someone have already mounted an air suspension kit on a 1992 Rexhall chassis oshkosh? Is it a good idea ?, is it simply possible? I feel that the suspension blades of my RV are a little weak, flat, even against-arrow, it may be tired of supporting 23000 lbs and more for almost thirty years now ;-)
If there are kits for this assembly that you advise me and where to mount it (I have few tools at my disposal)
Thank you for your opinions
Phil
PhilNo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:52 PM   #642

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
I'd take her to an RV expert and have it looked over. He can give you the lowdown. N Air Ride suspension kit can most likely be adapted to your rig.
Hangfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:18 AM   #643

HELLO and welcome �� to all Rexhall afficianados....

My husband and I are lovng our 1998 American Clipper. We are newbies so we parked at Blue Horizon. R V park. Includes small pond complete with ducks.
Maximum of 16 units here. So affordable quiet and cameras everywhere, free laundry room.
One lot is open. So much privacy.
We've had to replace toilet, are converting gas to electric on our water heater.
We are getting ready to be road worthy after we get new flooring and blinds.
This rig is built like a tank, we have two electric heaters that keep us warm and cozy.
Enough about us we feel so free, want to simplify our lives
Best thoughts to all out there! GO REXHALL��
Old 01-24-2019, 12:45 PM   #644

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilNo View Post
Hi everybody,

Would someone have already mounted an air suspension kit on a 1992 Rexhall chassis oshkosh? Is it a good idea ?, is it simply possible? I feel that the suspension blades of my RV are a little weak, flat, even against-arrow, it may be tired of supporting 23000 lbs and more for almost thirty years now ;-)
If there are kits for this assembly that you advise me and where to mount it (I have few tools at my disposal)
Thank you for your opinions
Phil
Hi Phil,
HWH has retrofit systems for motorhomes and trailers. Check out their website for sales and tech support.