RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:06 AM   #645

HI all REXHAL owners!
Love the idea of others giving help on specific issues that arise. We're in Conroe TX, out in woodsy acreage Blue Horizon Park complete with ducks. THX for advice on toilet. Had friend replace it with Donetic, higher sleeker than Thetford. LOVE it
We're settled on putting down pine tongue and groove and then whitewash with a satin polyurethane finish.

Anyone have any ideas on inexpensive was to replace blinds??
Also the curtain that surrounds the windshield is hanging on for dear life....?

We opened our couch to sleeping mode and covered it with a queen bedspread and tons of decorative pillows. What an improvement...if anyone remembers we took out bolted down chair. One guy had to be underneath to help with stubborn bolts.
So that gave us room for our ottoman, and we ditched my coffee table. Roomy haremstyle look, even with pillows my husband and I can sleep on it. Draped tiny LED string lights on back of pillows WOW

Getting rid of excess things is a challenge. We find that less is so much more Clutter is not an option in a M H.

Thanks for being there. I'll get some mechanical info to post for the guys next time!
Call our best,
Karen and JP

dolly8586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2019, 11:24 PM   #646

Send a message via AIM to Reysol
Hi Karen and JP. Try these, bought them on Amazon during the summer putting them in tomorrow. They are curved track curtain for under $14. Hopefully the link will show.

Z-Color Alloy Plastic Windows and Balcony Curtain Track Soft Curved Track Curved Track Rail Slide Rail Accessories (2 Meters) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MEHJMRV..._K5-sCbX91K30B

Old 01-27-2019, 12:15 PM   #647

Blinds Info

We have a 1999 Vision we are restoring. For the blinds, we measured and ordered 1/2" Alabaster vinyl blinds from Home Depot. (No metal blinds since these are quite noisy in an RV). We kept most of the original window casings and this made installation a little harder. The results are great looking and well working window coverings. They can be fully opened or adjusted to let in full light or partial light...
ronbrowning1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:16 PM   #648

Hello!

This looks like the place to talk about Rexhall Motorhomes!

I have a 1989 Rexhall Airex 27' on a P30 chassis with 454 gas motor.

Other than the original 1989 tires (according to the tire shop who checked the date code on the tires) and brakes and house battery... so far we haven't had any major issues. Of course we haven't taken it out for a trip yet, had to have tires and brakes taken care of first. And the house battery... that is a big heavy monster!

I almost have the steps back on the coach, the floor they fasten to let go when my wife stepped on it while we were looking at it to buy. The platform was completely rotted out. I built a replacement with pressure treated plywood and will coat the underside with a sealant as soon as the weather cooperates. Once it is remounted, I will find out if it works.

So far, the generator is the only thing we know doesn't work. I have not tested the LP systems yet, but there is a 1/4 tank according to the gauge. Although we have no idea how long that has been in there. The people we bought it from had it for over 4 years and never used it. They slept in it while renovating a house. Used the house' bathroom and kitchen so they never used the appliances in the coach.

From what they said, it appears the person they bought it from never used it either, except as a spare room.

The carpet looks reasonably good, the fabrics are in pretty good shape, in fact it seems hardly used at all. If it weren't for the mileage, I'd think it hadn't been used at all. It sure doesn't look like a coach that has been used or even lived in.

The worst thing we can find is the rotted paneling in the bedroom under the emergency exit window. You almost can't tell it is rotted, unless you touch it. The vinyl/finished face of the panel is largely intact, and might be all there is in places.

We are planning our first camping trip for Feb 28th through the 3rd of March. We shall see how well it works. or how cold we get.

Its first real trip though will be up to Washington (we live in Oregon, just outside of Salem in the town of Dallas) to show it to my folks, who seem interested in looking at it.
David-n-BJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:27 PM   #649

Quote:
Originally Posted by David-n-BJ View Post

Other than the original 1989 tires (according to the tire shop who checked the date code on the tires) and brakes and house battery... so far we haven't had any major issues. Of course we haven't taken it out for a trip yet, had to have tires and brakes taken care of first. And the house battery... that is a big heavy monster!

I almost have the steps back on the coach, the floor they fasten to let go when my wife stepped on it while we were looking at it to buy. The platform was completely rotted out. I built a replacement with pressure treated plywood and will coat the underside with a sealant as soon as the weather cooperates. Once it is remounted, I will find out if it works.

So far, the generator is the only thing we know doesn't work. I have not tested the LP systems yet, but there is a 1/4 tank according to the gauge. Although we have no idea how long that has been in there. The people we bought it from had it for over 4 years and never used it. They slept in it while renovating a house. Used the house' bathroom and kitchen so they never used the appliances in the coach.

From what they said, it appears the person they bought it from never used it either, except as a spare room.

The carpet looks reasonably good, the fabrics are in pretty good shape, in fact it seems hardly used at all. If it weren't for the mileage, I'd think it hadn't been used at all. It sure doesn't look like a coach that has been used or even lived in.

The worst thing we can find is the rotted paneling in the bedroom under the emergency exit window. You almost can't tell it is rotted, unless you touch it. The vinyl/finished face of the panel is largely intact, and might be all there is in places.

We are planning our first camping trip for Feb 28th through the 3rd of March. We shall see how well it works. or how cold we get.

Its first real trip though will be up to Washington (we live in Oregon, just outside of Salem in the town of Dallas) to show it to my folks, who seem interested in looking at it.
Good luck! This site is a wealth of information. I just dropped off my 2000 Roseair in San Bernardino for new graphics. Photos to come as soon as I get it back.
lnicols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:42 AM   #650

Spartan Chassis
Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:

According to multiple sources I have spoke with, LP gas does not really go bad. If your generator is shot, I have a Generac LP generator out of my 2001 for sale at a really good deal. Let me know if that would be of use to you. Good luck, Don
DynoDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:05 PM   #651

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnicols View Post
Good luck! This site is a wealth of information. I just dropped off my 2000 Roseair in San Bernardino for new graphics. Photos to come as soon as I get it back.
The wife is thinking about redoing the graphics herself. Most likely paint the existing graphics. She had pretty good luck repainting the tank on her motorcycle, following the graphics that were faded with matching/correct color paint. I don't think she fully realizes how big this RV is.

She also has a CriCutt (I think I spelled that right) which can cut vinyl stick on sheets into whatever graphics makes her happy.

She of course gets to dictate how it looks, I just have to keep it running and performing.
Old 02-07-2019, 05:11 PM   #652

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynoDon View Post
According to multiple sources I have spoke with, LP gas does not really go bad. If your generator is shot, I have a Generac LP generator out of my 2001 for sale at a really good deal. Let me know if that would be of use to you. Good luck, Don
Since the generator doesn't even make a click noise, I am thinking no power to the starter. I just work too many hours to be able to look at it, and the last few weekends have either been cold or wet.

I do have the manuals for it (almost every manual, in the dealer's pouch, under the sofa) so I can remove it if I need to rebuild it. If it is the mechanicals I should be able to fix it. Just small engine repair really. If it is seriously damaged though... I'll have to think about replacing then.

We could do without a generator, but its supposed to have one, and we are not youngsters who can sleep on the ground in an unheated tent anymore. We've worked hard for comfort...
Old 02-07-2019, 05:22 PM   #653

Quote:
The wife is thinking about redoing the graphics herself. Most likely paint the existing graphics. She had pretty good luck repainting the tank on her motorcycle, following the graphics that were faded with matching/correct color paint. I don't think she fully realizes how big this RV is.

She also has a CriCutt (I think I spelled that right) which can cut vinyl stick on sheets into whatever graphics makes her happy.

She of course gets to dictate how it looks, I just have to keep it running and performing.
I brought ours to V.I.P. Enterprise RV Graphics. Check out their website. It's a lot of work.
lnicols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 12:49 AM   #654

For touching up graphics, the hot water heater cover on our RV had all the colors we needed. We took the cover to Sherman Williams automotive paint here in Portland and have matching touch up paints. We plan to work on work on the touch up project this Spring.
ronbrowning1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:15 AM   #655

I would check the battery cable connections at the generator, be sure you are getting voltage there, if not, move further back to the battery compartment. A quick check would be to hook a booster battery to the generator starter with jumper cables, this will tell you of the the starter works at all. Good Luck

gwg35 is offline   Reply With Quote