Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2019, 10:35 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
Gravity Feed Freshwater Fill Port?

Far as i know my '97 Aerbus doesn't have one though there is one panel ive not been able to open since buying her. I miss having that option when getting to an outside Freshwater hookup is not likely...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2019, 05:23 PM   #2

Hmm

Boy having one would be nice, my 2002 RoseAir does not have one either. That makes it difficult to sanitize me fresh water tank and plumbing lines.
loco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:41 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
here's a trick to sanitation of the tank. Before connecting the water supply hose, pour a diluted solution of bleach, maybe a 1/4 cup, at most, of bleach diluted with a gallon or two if water, pour that solution into the supply hose before connecting to your tank then fill it as usual. I leave it in there overnight (run the faucets in rv to help with your inside lines too. The next day i fill as usual but empty it a couple times until no more bleach taste or odor from faucets.

i do the above at least once or twice a year depending in how often i use it. Just don't store the tank & lines filled with bleachy water.

Buy, yeah, i never noticed the lack of a gravity fill option. Then again the tank is 100gal and filling manually just might not be too fun?
Old 05-08-2019, 07:56 PM   #4

Rexhall Owners Group
When we dry camp for long periods we will bring extra 5 gal water jugs. We add the water to the tank with a small 12v pump, suction hose and a discharge hose with the female garden connection on it. Since its a positive displacement pump no priming is needed to move water from jug to tank. This is also used when adding the pink stuff for winterization,
Old 05-08-2019, 11:00 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkedout View Post
When we dry camp for long periods we will bring extra 5 gal water jugs. We add the water to the tank with a small 12v pump, suction hose and a discharge hose with the female garden connection on it. Since its a positive displacement pump no priming is needed to move water from jug to tank. This is also used when adding the pink stuff for winterization,
HEY! you just gave me a "hey i coulda had a V8" moment! Right on, that makes it too simple.

I already save the plastic jugs cat litter comes in for drinking or wash water, to drain radiator or oil even to just dump old oil in to take to recycle.

I never thought of your elegant solution....great now i have to buy a 12v pump tomorrow. thank you very much.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:25 PM   #6

Just a thought, but you can probably get one of those winterizing kits that have the 2-way valve, put it inline between the tank and the pump, and then run a loop back from the output on the pump line to the tank fill line, use the main freshwater pump to get the bleach solution into the tank.
The winterizing valve opens up a few options, such as having an auxiliary freshwater tank to get by in the event that your main tank runs dry, pulling a bleach solution out of a bucket, and of course winterizing.
But the trick of filling the water hose with bleach is still the easiest way to get the bleach in there.
questvent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water