Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:36 AM   #29

MoInfo

Those two switches in the back for the AC.

I suspect similar to those in Dad's old Allegro. Back then, the normal campground service was only 30amps AC (unlike today where dual 50 amp service is frequently available) and unable to support two air conditioners at the same time. The switches allowed either to be run on "shore" power. If on the genset, both could be run, AND if on shore power with the genset running, one could be powered from shore while the other was powered by the onboard genset. I suspect that is what those two switched provide. Please anyone, jump in with amplifying corrections!

As can be seen, parking in the northern Florida woods for long periods is NOT recommended!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0680.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	375.7 KB
ID:	206691   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0681.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	372.9 KB
ID:	206692  

larry_too is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2018, 09:58 AM   #30

Puzzlement!

A month ago the Millennium Tortoise threw a fan belt! Using the coach batteries, I was able to get home without the alternator and replaced the front serpentine belt. Ran fine but a week later nothing, would not start, not a pop nor whimper though cranked fine. I suspected an ignition problem but a spark plug connected to one of the plug wires refuted that diagnosis, but I smelled fuel! Could find no drips underneath, nor fuel on top so crawled under for a look. Noted evidence of evaporated fuel on frame under the back left corner of the "Dog House opening" over the engine. Found that some critter had nibbled on the rubber fuel line, cutting it!!! Spliced In a short bit of fuel line and it started right up!!

If this was the fuel supply line, why wasn't it spraying fuel when I turned the key on? If it was the fuel return line, why did this prevent starting???

This was where the metal (return?) line was joined with a hose clamp to a rubber line back to the tank (rather than the hard line and "O" ring junction used by Ford). I've also noted that in the back, over the tank, the hard fuel lines have been extended using rubber fuel line and hose clamps as well, even the pressurized supply line. I can see where those lines too have tooth marks which may be why my genset doesn't start.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:21 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLadenburg View Post
Got this 1990 free, but have little idea what I am doing. Filled the water tank, how do I fill the hot water heater? I have to get someone to check the propane system first. How do I drain the water tank to flush it? How about the other tanks? Been sitting empty for 10 years.
A LOT like mine, appears to have the same floor plan as well. What model is yours?
My "Name Plate", by the driver's left foot, does not give a model but says the chassis was mfg 8-89 while the coach was mfg 12-89. It also gives weights (16000#) and a tire size of LT 235/85 R16 120 which is what is on all six wheels.

Water tank drain on mine is a small petcock on the left side below the fresh tank fill. There are also two water drain "pull" valves on the floor inside the water heater compartment (under the cedar closet) inside the coach. On the side of the heater are two valves with a bypass line between. When the handles are pointed towards each other, the heater is bypassed. move both to the other position to fill and use the heater. In the outside water heater compartment, you will find the burner, pilot, controls and a white plastic (on mine anyway) heater drain plug used for winterization.

I have a copy of the Ford Chassis Electrical wiring diagrams as well as the Ford Chassis manual (an 8x11 soft cover). The first shows all the Ford wiring as well as switches, connectors, and some troubleshooting steps for many of the truck based vehicles from Bronco through super duty.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:41 PM   #32

yes same as mine

papabatman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, motorhome, rexhall