Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2017, 06:14 PM   #1

New to site, just bought 1997 Rexhall

first time on here, just baught a new to us. 1997 rexhall aaerbus 36ft
v-10 ford chasis ,tag axle coach.generac np66g generator
owned rvs in the past.first rexhall and first class A Motorhome
im looking threw the rexhall area
questions i have are grey and black tank gals .
fresh water gals
gas tank gals how big are the tanks
propane 30 gal
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060292.JPG
Views:	391
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	151281   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060305.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	151282  

Name:	P1060310.JPG
Views:	421
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	151283   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060316.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	151284  

Name:	P1060302.JPG
Views:	455
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	151285   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG3200.JPG
Views:	428
Size:	584.4 KB
ID:	151287  

moosedrool is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2017, 06:58 PM   #2

Very nice. I have the 94 31 foot. I am not sure about mine either but I will figure it out later. If your fresh water is under the bed maybe it has a tag on it or something.
RickNau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:08 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Glad to have you here in the forum with us.

Congrats on the new rig. Best of luck with it.

Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:42 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
first time on here, just baught a new to us. 1997 rexhall aaerbus 36ft
v-10 ford chasis ,tag axle coach.generac np66g generator
owned rvs in the past.first rexhall and first class A Motorhome
im looking threw the rexhall area
questions i have are grey and black tank gals .
fresh water gals
gas tank gals how big are the tanks
propane 30 gal
Congrats on the your Rexhall. We are on our second one. Our present one is a 36ft RollsAir w/tag and the Ford 460. Black tank is 65 gal, grey is 65 gal, fresh is 95 gal, fuel is 75 gal and propane is 18 gal. Generator is gasoline. Yours should be similar. We found that when boondocking, we must dump grey every 3 days, black will last a week. Don't ask how my wife uses 20 gals of grey/day. She just does.
Propane qty should not be a problem. As I recall, on our 4 month Alaska trip in 2015, boondocked about 1/2 the time and we only refilled propane once. We put 10700 miles on that trip and used lots of gasoline.
Have fun with that beautiful Rexhall. They make a great motorhome. There's lots of help on this forum for you.
a.j.
ajpaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:01 AM   #5

Rexhall Owners Group
Congratulations , looks roomy. I did not know they made a V-10 in '97. The fresh water tank in mine is 100 gal and grey is 60 and black is 40. The LP tank will have a tag on it.

Happy Travels
RolandRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:26 AM   #6

my bad it has the 460 v8 were driving flat land mostley so the 460 be fine great starter coach,runs really good exhaust next just had tune up done generator serviced.ready for summer
moosedrool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 05:37 PM   #7

Congrats on the purchase! Looks nice and clean. We love our '97 Aerbus with tag and super slide out. Ours also has the 460. Last year I had a full tune up and the Banks power pack headers installed. Best thing I ever did. The additional power gain is very impressive. Good luck!
Inthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:59 PM   #8

Congrats on your new to you Motor Home. We have a 96 35' Aerbus that has the exact same interior layout that yours has. We even have the same np-66g Generac.

Be sure to run that generator for at least one hour a month with a 50 percent load. Those Generac carburetors gum up easy and are very expensive to fix.

Enjoy your Rexhall, We sure enjoy ours.
scdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:11 PM   #9

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
Congrats on your new to you Motor Home. We have a 96 35' Aerbus that has the exact same interior layout that yours has. We even have the same np-66g Generac.

Be sure to run that generator for at least one hour a month with a 50 percent load. Those Generac carburetors gum up easy and are very expensive to fix.

Enjoy your Rexhall, We sure enjoy ours.
I've read to run it 30 minutes per month, but no mention of a load. The main reason (that I read) was to keep the windings dry. Pulling gas through makes sense. Couple questions, if you are able to speak on them...What does running with a 50% load do, and, should you do the same thing when it's snowing and raining? The main reason behind that question is that I was concerned about pulling moisture into the windings as they cooled.

Thanks,
John
John USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 11:55 PM   #10

The owner manual and the repair manual that I pulled up online for the Generac actually called to run it 30 minutes per week. To me that is too much.
You want to run it with a load to really heat up the generator section. This removes moisture from the windings. or so I have read on the rv and generator forums. In the winter I turn on 2 1500 watt heaters and other times I turn on the air conditioners.
My Generac has about 1050 hours on it that about 400 hours I put on. When I first bought it, it had set unused for some time so I had to pursued it to start. Since then I have needed to change the voltage regulator to keep it putting out the 120 volts. Other than that it has been very reliable.

I wrote up my experience on changing the voltage regulator on this forum titled Generator troubles fixed.

If you have any questions and want to talk off line just pm me. I usually check my email several times a day.

Steven
scdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 12:41 AM   #11

Rexhall Owners Group
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I saw your write up, it was close parallel to my experience when my genny wouldn't start. I'll start putting a load on it, that makes senses.

Thanks.
John.
John USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 01:58 AM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
Congrats on you Rex Rig. We just bought our '97 same model, same floor plan. We're shaking its cobwebs out for a year traveling around the US.

We love ours and so dose out new kitten. he loves sunning on the dash and racing end to end when we go to bed...

My only build complaint is the coach door can't open all the way because the awning upright is right there beside the door. That means the door cannot be secured when open. The door also will smack into that rail if we leave it open. Still trying to figure a fix to fix this. Going to add a dense rubber pad on the door where it hits that rail. Wish there was a way to secure the door so we can leave it open.

Been working on electrical issues the past month....multiple failures leads to wonder if flaky pedestal power took some things out leading current simultaneous system and device probs. But not a build quality issue and learning experience for sure.

Looking forward to reading how things go with yours as you get her moving. We have only 5-months to finish the shake down... ��

Oh keep an eye on the convection microwave as they seem to last about 20yrs max. Yup had to replace it and that was an experience...getting too old to dead lift that 71lb beastie to the mounting bracket, just took a bit of patience. Cooks great though.

Be sure you grab the genset manual for the model in yours. Learned Generac had varying component on electric side depending on the NP66G. Also download and print the service manual for that Intellitec BCC as it has come in quite handy of late. Oh, if you ever open that BCC can you mention where the, hopefully, brown wire toward the bottom goes...I failed to properly save the shot I took of it before taking it apart.. sigh old age I suppose. ��

Enjoy!!
Brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 02:02 AM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
Btw do you have a photo of the wiring for the coach batteries? We have a few mystery wires that were disconnected when we bought her. thanks.
Brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rexhall