Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2018, 09:02 AM   #57

Location of air dryer

Hello new rexhall owner long time Rv owner first diesel and surprised that no air gauge on dash I drove trucks for many years and very familiar with air systems 37 foot rexhall vision having air pressure issues I am looking for the air dryer to replace cartridge and can’t find it even after following air line out of compresor help the coach only gets like 60 psi and stops.
Mardel414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2018, 06:55 PM   #58

Rexhall Owners Group
The air dryer on our motorhome is located R/H side aft of the back wheel on the out side of the chassis rail. I would expect you to have two air gauges as well, primary and secondary.
Old 12-21-2018, 06:58 PM   #59

Rexhall Owners Group
You should be getting at least 110 psi before the purge valve opens which you will hear. I would be looking for an air leak in the system.
Old 12-22-2018, 09:45 AM   #60

Hello Martin I really thank you for your reply on the hunt for the air dryer I found the governor located on the frame rail and replaced it since look very old I drained a gallon of water of the tank too this model has air over hydraulic brakes air Is only for parking brake and suspension and I think that is the reason of the 70 psi system it looks like everything is functional now but it would be nice to hear from another 2003 owner otherwise I will call spartan again to find out.
Mardel414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 02:31 PM   #61

Rexhall Owners Group
Hi Mardel414,

That is interesting because my motorhome has air/hydraulic 4 wheel disc as well. Two tanks are located forward, one feeds the rear airbags and brakes, the other feeds the front airbags and brakes. I have two air gauges to monitor system pressure which typically runs 110psi gauge. Find out what make the chassis is i.e. Spartan, Freightliner etc. and download a manual.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:33 PM   #62

Rexhall Owners Group
Okay, I see that the chassis is made by Spartan according to your post. I may be able to help with a manual but need to know what model chassis you have.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:11 AM   #63

Composting toilet install in a 1997 RexAir

Thought I’d post pictures of my composting toilet install in case anyone was thinking of doing it. The plan is to be able to dry camp for longer periods since we’re usually limited by the grey water tank capacity. So now we should be able to use both tanks for grey water and stay out twice as long.
I used 7/8 ply for the base to clear the original black tank fittings. I connected the vent to the outside through the auxiliary shower under the sink since I’m really hesitant to put new holes in our rig. And I connected the vent fan to the 12V source in the lavitory switch panel on the front of the vanity.
So far it’s working really well for us and we’ve even gained some space in the bathroom now since this toilet sits back against the wall and seems to not take up as much space in front of the shower. Before we weren’t able to open the shower door completely because the toilet was in the way but now it clears the toilet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	85341742-89C4-4086-950A-7D1E35E010E1.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	244004   Click image for larger version

Name:	705BA52D-FE93-4DD5-B30B-7799B431435E.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	244005  

Name:	16030B58-A786-4A1C-8ADB-F19EBE6AE076.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	295.8 KB
ID:	244006  
questvent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 07:46 AM   #64

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Rexhall Owners Group
97 Aerbus 3650

We have owned our Rexhall for a little over a year. We have decided we are going to keep it and drive it until the "wheels fall off". Although I hope that is several years away...

Here are a few pictures of sub-floor rot replacement and new flooring going in.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190430_143649.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	244335   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190428_190550.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	244336  

Name:	20190429_170956.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	244337   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190430_143655.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	258.1 KB
ID:	244338  

jlh101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:22 PM   #65

Rose Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by John USA View Post
Hello all!

This is the second of two Rexhall threads. The first was titled "Calling All Rexhall Owners!", an ongoing effort to build a Rexhall base here at iRV2.

If this is your first visit to iRV2, feel free to jump onto that thread and introduce yourself, tell everyone a little about yourself, and your Rexhall. Also, there is a Rexhall Owners Group (ROG) that I would urge you to join. No free hats, just bragging rights!

We are setting up this thread as a repository for Rexhall pictures, and project discussions, as the first thread is growing long, and would be easy to lose continuity of a project in that thread.

So, show some pics, and tell us about your projects!

Thanks,
John
My Rose Air is a 2000 model, but VIN say 2001. It doesn't matter, I purchased it for it. We really, really love it. Had it for about two years and put 12,000 miles on it. No problems. As time allows, we are changing, altering, making it ours. I do not use the word "upgrade" because I believe it is an overused terms. Changing something does not necessarily mean it s an upgrade.

After I wash it, I will post some pictures.

Things on to do list:
Replace shelves with drawers.
Remove front pax side cabinet which housed analog TV, add freezer and digital TV.
Add more cameras.
Communication package (not cell phone based)
Winlink Express global radio email (https://winlink.org/WinlinkExpress)
Add digital engine monitoring (example Silverleaf)
Break out and add inverters.
BruceDeville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:17 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh101 View Post
We have owned our Rexhall for a little over a year. We have decided we are going to keep it and drive it until the "wheels fall off". Although I hope that is several years away...

That looks awesome! I keep talking about doing the same to our '97 Aerbus but I can't seem to get it done. Did you do all the way back to the bedroom and bathroom? How hard of a job was it to remove the old flooring and replace?

Thanks,
Terry
Inthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 12:05 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh101 View Post

WOW! That looks REALLY good! I VERY much want to do the same thing to our 97 RexAir. (no slides)

I have a question..but before I ask, here's why..

We currently are living in our RV here in Spokane during the winter and have put skirting around it and are pretty toasty warm, BUT...the vinyl flooring was VERY cold to walk on. So we put down those interlocking foam mats from HD and BOOM! problem solved!

So..back to putting wood down...is there something MORE we could put down to help better insulate the floor other than the thin foam that typically goes down before the wood? And if so, would it have to be glued down?

Additionally, can something like this be used? Under-Floor Heating

Any help is greatly appreciated.
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:57 PM   #68

How do I remove the front overhead TV in my 2000 Aerbus 3950

I cannot figure out how to take out the old tube TV to replace it.

I can't find how it is mounted in there.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	aaaTV.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	305521  
Rexwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 03:18 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexwil View Post

Read On one of the other thread here, that they are pressure fit and held in with foam.

Sounded like it was really more of a just yank the darn thing out. Really glad the previous owner of ours did it for us.
sswari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:02 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexwil View Post

On the bottom of the cabinet there are two screws that are supposed to be covered by buttons that hold it in place, but there is also likely some adhesive on the thing that holds it pretty tight. I would try to find a slim piece of something, preferably very strong and slim, to penetrate the sides of the TV between it and the cabinet edges to free it from the adhesive and try to get it out that way after removing the screws, and also be careful since it is heavier than a newer flat screen TV, although not so much that you likely can't handle it. One of the members of the RV group had it fall out and land on his wife's foot while underway and it broke her foot pretty badly, took her awhile to recuperate. Good luck!
tlstory is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rexhall