Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2015, 02:29 PM   #1

Rexhall Owners Group
Thumbs up Official Rexhall Thread #2--Pictures and Projects!

Hello all!

This is the second of two Rexhall threads. The first was titled "Calling All Rexhall Owners!", an ongoing effort to build a Rexhall base here at iRV2.

If this is your first visit to iRV2, feel free to jump onto that thread and introduce yourself, tell everyone a little about yourself, and your Rexhall. Also, there is a Rexhall Owners Group (ROG) that I would urge you to join. No free hats, just bragging rights!

We are setting up this thread as a repository for Rexhall pictures, and project discussions, as the first thread is growing long, and would be easy to lose continuity of a project in that thread.

So, show some pics, and tell us about your projects!

Thanks,
John
John USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2015, 02:37 PM   #2

Rexhall Owners Group
Dashmat

This was made by Dash Designs out of Tempe, Arizona. If you go to their website, the Rexhall is not in their pull down menu. I ordered from another company, only to have it drop shipped from Dash Designs. So, if you decide to get one, you may have to call Dash Designs direct. Also, when I visited their website, I saw options available that the company I got it from did not offer, such as embroidering names/initials, adding appliques like flags, etc....

Notice that there are no cutouts for the defrost vents...the expectation is that you do it yourself.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:23 PM   #3

Rexhall Owners Group
Prior to the purchase of the MH, I had spent a lot of time researching the subject so I knew what the basic MH needs were(and we travel with 3 dogs). Class A, Diesel pusher, no slides, 30 to 38 foot. I stumbled across the Rexhall when looking at a Coachman at one of the two of the RV dealers in socal that were close to where we used to live. The price was within our range and the condition and layout fulled the basic requirements. I spent 2 days on a creeper sliding around underneath looking at the chassis components and body frame work. Researched the engine serial number to make sure it wasn't the 53 block. I have a mechanical background so some of the maintenance issues that I saw would not pose a problem. I knew that we would end changing things to make it our own which was going to be part of the fun. Modifications so far include: Allison 4th generation transmission, numerically higher rear end ratio, LED lighting, solar power, Samsung 22 inch LCD TV, dvd player, sound system, aviation(due to my aviation background)/route 66(love the route 66 stuff) themed interior and a partial install of an engine exhaust brake(still in work). Lots of other projects planned such as a field winding boost switch for the generator, a protective coating for the fiberglass roof, remove the old faded body decals and new paint. I will take a few photos in the next few days and post them on this thread.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:00 AM   #4

Rexhall Owners Group
I removed the carpet in our Rexhall from behind the front seats all the way to the bedroom, including the bathroom which should never be carpet to start with!
We put Allure in it's place and it seems to be very good. In the winter (very cold here in Sask.) it does shrink but come summer it was back in it's place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unity-20140702-00387.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	357.1 KB
ID:	107293   Click image for larger version

Name:	Unity-20140702-00388.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	405.1 KB
ID:	107294  

Name:	Unity-20140709-00401.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	306.9 KB
ID:	107295  
Old 09-19-2015, 09:20 AM   #5

Rexhall Owners Group
That's impressive, nice work!

Wife and I were just looking at the Allure line do give our kitchen floor a "facelift", as the ceramic tile if forty years old, kinda dated.

Did you find the product easy to work with? Any major "watchouts"?
Old 09-19-2015, 09:50 AM   #6

Rexhall Owners Group
Nice job. I thought it was silly to put carpet in the bathroom also. We have been considering vinyl flooring as the carpet is like John stated out dated and faded in areas plus traveling with dogs we do need something that is easy to clean. and does not absorb water. It looks like you cut the old carpet from around the cabinets, are you happy with that decision?
Old 09-19-2015, 09:54 AM   #7

Rexhall Owners Group
Just an FYI, if you are thinking of installing an inverter, spend the extra and go with a pure sine wave type as it is much better for electronics such as TV and DVD players.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:00 PM   #8

Rexhall Owners Group
Hope I am putting this under the right Rexhall thread.

I was wondering why my 2000 Rexhall diesel has two turn ons for the water heater.

[/URL][/IMG]

Also on this panel.

[/URL][/IMG]

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-19-2015, 05:21 PM   #9

Rexhall Owners Group
Hi Brian...yep, you found the right spot...

I believe you have a dual source water heater, either propane or electric. Remove the outside water heater cover, and see if there is another switch inside.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:09 PM   #10

Rexhall Owners Group
Martin
Yes I did cut around the cupboards, so there is still carpet under there. I am happy with that decision. It would have been very difficult to remove all. So I think it was better to do what I did rather than not anything at all.

As for Brianinsocal, l believe it is your water switches, propane and AC electric
Old 09-19-2015, 08:07 PM   #11

Rexhall Owners Group
Brian,

I too agree. The switch on the panel is for the propane heater. A red light should come on until the unit lights. The other switch looks to be for the AC heater. As John stated look at the water heater unit and you should see another small on/off switch that is for the AC circuit. Looks like the extra switch was installed so that you could turn the AC off and on from inside.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:43 PM   #12

Rexhall Owners Group
Thanks John, Papa Joe and Martin. I did look in the water heater and saw that switch. The light/flip switch marked water heater was wired so I can turn on the AC water heater from inside.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:06 PM   #13

Rexhall Owners Group
We removed the sofa, the recliner and 1/2 of the dinette. That opened up our 32 foot no slide Aerbus considerable. We then built a storage box that doubles as a sitting bench. We used the foam from the sofa to make cushions. Even though that foam is 16 years old, it's in great shape. We kept the seat belts in place and can pull them through the storage box for additional seating.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Living area 1.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	276.3 KB
ID:	107707   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aerbus living area 2.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	107708  

Name:	Storage open.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	276.7 KB
ID:	107709   Click image for larger version

Name:	Entry w:step in place.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	270.6 KB
ID:	107710  

Name:	Aerbus living area 3.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	107713  
garyb1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:57 PM   #14

Rexhall Owners Group
Clever...I like it. Thanks for the show and tell, nice to have ideas to run bounce around in the head...

Tags
rexhall