Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2017, 10:12 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Roseair 3955 owners in the Houston, San Antonio or TX Hill Country areas???

Hi All,
I'm shopping for RVs to spend a year in with the family and we really like the looks of the Roseair 3955 floorplan!
I'm not finding any close to us though. Are there any Roseair 3955 owners in the Houston area that would consider allowing us to admire their rig?
We also pass through San Antonio pretty regularly on our way to the Garner park area if there's anybody out in Fredericksburg or Kerrville areas.
Thanks!
Walter
wamcneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2017, 03:00 PM   #2

I no longer have my 2003 3955 but although unsolicited, I'll throw out a few comments. First off, I don't think Rexall is around anymore thus parts are tough to get and re-sale value is low. My coach had a 27" old style TV which I had to change out and install a flat screen when the TV failed. Also changed out the TV in the bedroom with a flat screen. The toilet is very small as is the shower stall.

If you're interested in the J couch for seating, it's not very comfortable. The dinette windows are great but the carpet is cheap. It has a queen size bed and at 6'1", my feet hung over the edge of the bed. Wardrobe closet was huge and storage was adequate.

It had a 350 HP Cummins which was underpowered thus requiring a Banks kit.

The entry door opened 180 degree's and if you opened the door when wind was present, it would sometimes slam against the coach.

Servicing the engine was tricky. During an oil change there was no way to pour oil into the engine unless you went into the coach and lifted up the bed and poured through the valve cover cap. Another not so friendly feature was the fact that the bed was directly over the engine and if you were on the road, stopped to sleep and didn't give it at least 3 hours, the bed was hot. (great for cold country but no so for warmer climates)

If you wanted to add coolant, it had to be pumped in as the reservoir was placed so high you couldn't pour from a 1 gallon jug.
The side radiator was great but the engine compartment door was too small to do any work in the engine compartment

My coach was built on a Spartan Chassis that acted like a porpoise when traveling over closely spaced bumps on the highway. On 2 occasions while on the highway it bottomed out and then topped out. New Bilsteins shocks helped but didn't totally solve the problem.

I can go on and on with the good and the bad but if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't buy a Rexall.

I traded it for a 2010 Winnie Tour 40' primarily because it had 2 toilets. The Tour is gone because 3 months ago, my wife told me she never liked the Tour. She said she put up with it because I liked it. That statement prompted her to go to the Pomona RV show last Oct and wenow have a 2016 Newmar Dutch Star 4369.
I've owned 7 RV's and the Dutch Star is with out a doubt, my favorite.
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 03:47 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Good info. Thanks. Especially the service items and inside scoop on the J-lounge and hot bed! I was thinking the J-lounge looked pretty nice, but in the one we're looking at it has been removed; no big loss I suppose.
Yeah, the low resale value is one of the things attracting me to the Roseair. I'm hoping it makes for a TCO similar to more expensive coaches, but at a substantially lower buy-in.
There's a 2001 that will be $10k-$30k less than other coaches under consideration. And I won't feel as bad about gutting a slide-out to put in bunk beds...
Wow, you've traded waaaay up! I wish a dutch star 4369 was in my budget...
wamcneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:09 AM   #4

Rexhall Owners Group
I have a 2002 Rose Air 3955 and think it is a great coach!! If you really want to put oil in fast, I have to lift the bed. Solved that by heating a piece of PVC and bending it to make a long funnel that extends out past the engine service door. In the 5 years I have owned the coach, I have never had to raised the bed for emergency/breakdown situations. Cummins Engine just keeps chugging along. Also as others have stated, Rexhall made the coach body, but most of the components are of standard manufacture in the RV industry.

Our coach rides GREAT!! My wife has a very bad back, and the nice ride of this coach is the only thing that lets her travel.

I don't have the multiple coach experience of LJowdy , but My Rose Air fits our needs well.
badgomer is offline   Reply With Quote