Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Rexhall RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2017, 10:25 PM   #1

Question Slideout stuck.

I have a 98 Roseair. Went to extend slideout nothing. I could hear the switch click but not the motor.Have had no problems with it before this. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated . Thanks.
luggnutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2017, 08:25 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
Fuse.
W22 Workhorse
Full-Timers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Timers View Post
Fuse.
Is it possible that there's an inline fuse i'm missing ??. I've checked all the fuses I could find. I even checked behind the switch at the dash. Thanks.
luggnutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:13 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
When my fuse blew I lost the jacks too. The fuse was in a fuse block under the dash. Nothing was labeled so I had to check every fuse until I found it.
W22 Workhorse
Old 04-07-2017, 07:40 AM   #5

Rexhall Owners Group
I guess that they built these lots of different ways, but for my 2003 Rexair, the fuse which took out the HWH hydraulic pump was an in-line fuse, located up front, by the radiator, near the pump.
Bob
Bobb.25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:19 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
Yes I have those fuses also but that was not the one that blew.
W22 Workhorse
Old 04-24-2017, 11:43 AM   #7

Rexhall Owners Group
Hydrolic Motor

The extend/retract switch has four contacts, it may help to reseat the lugs to it.
Do you have hydraulic levelers and does the motor come on when you move that joystick? Someone else showed a link to ELECTRONICS & HWH – 03OCT11 which shows you how to troubleshoot the system. You can put a meter or test light on the relay connected to the motor to see if you are getting voltage. The motor comes off with two long screws very easily to test on the bench. I had some black plastic melt that holds up the brushes in the motor. I cleaned up the plastic and added a small washer for support and the motor has been working fine ever since.
bobe6rfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:13 AM   #8
Commercial Member

its best to get a service manual for your system. follow the diagnostic sequence for electrical checks on the motor.
now, assuming you have a touch pad system,
using a 12 volt tester, check the 40 amp fuse in a #10 blue wire that is on the master relay. if you have 12 volts there, turn the key on and check the stud on the pump relay that is connected to the master relay. if you have 12 volts there, use a jumper and supply power to the stud on the pump relay that has the black wire. if you have power on the other large stud, , check the stud on the back of the moto. if you have power there, replace the motor.
get the manual and do the diagnostics first. do not throw parts at it.
please feel free to call me at 1-602-549-3638 paul maddox
i do work for hwh. i live in arizona, which is on pacific time right now.
i do not sell parts or solicit service work on this forum
im over run as it is
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote