RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2019, 07:43 AM   #1

Boon docking

Does anyone know for sure if can use your generator and put your slides out when boondocking at a Walmart for Flying J?

kuzzy2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2019, 12:01 PM   #2

If you can park at a curb side lot, we have always had no trouble putting out the slide that extends over the curb. We have no problem using the generator anywhere, and everywhere if it is needed. That is what it is for. If in the middle of the parking lot, Im not so sure about putting out slides. We have stayed at rest stops as well, and didn't put out the slides due to being in the middle of the parking lot.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:12 PM   #3

Foretravel Owners Club
As so far with using truck stops, Using the genny? ... NOT an issue,

HOWEVER.......keep those slides retracted!.. You don't need to be rudely awakened at "Oh Dark 'Thirty" with an 18 wheeler parking in your bedroom..
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzzy2020 View Post
Does anyone know for sure if can use your generator and put your slides out when boondocking at a Walmart for Flying J?
They don't print a rule book, but this is on the corprate website;

RV Parking at Walmart
The frequently asked question below is from Walmart’s Corporate website regarding RV parking at their stores:

Question

Can I park my RV at a Walmart store?

Answer

While we do not offer electrical service or accommodations typically necessary for RV customers, Walmart values RV travelers and considers them among our best customers. Consequently, we do permit RV parking on our store lots as we are able. Permission to park is extended by individual store managers, based on availability of parking space and local laws. Please contact management in each store to ensure accommodations before parking your RV.

That's it, we always call and almost always shop - we do return carts and leave it better than we found it .
Busskipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:26 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Please be careful using your generator when all of the vehicles are parked really close together. I don't want to become ill because I've been breathing gennie exhaust all night.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:32 PM   #6

Boondocking..........NO

Overnight stay to get some needed sleep ---YES

It is after all a 'parking lot' not a campground.

Park on outer spaces.
Open slides ONLY if they would not pose an issue with traffic ----hate to have someone run into an extended slide. YIKES!
And do check with manager/staff prior to parking....provided local ordinances allow overnight parking.

Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote