RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2019, 03:30 PM   #1

Can't Route to Shenandoah NP

One of the stops on a trip next month is Mathews Arm CG in Shenandoah National Park. The CG is plotted in TW, but it will not route me to CG which should be via Skyline Drive. I tried to drag route to Skyline Drive, but it wouldn't do it.

I do have RV settings for this trip, but I don't believe the route into the park has any hazards that would exclude my small motor home (10'6" height and 27 ft long).

Any suggestions? Greg

svcattales is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2019, 04:42 PM   #2

Your motor home will fit fine. Get your GPS to get you to skyline drive then grab their paper map to get you Matthews Arm

BYoshida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 04:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by svcattales View Post
One of the stops on a trip next month is Mathews Arm CG in Shenandoah National Park. The CG is plotted in TW, but it will not route me to CG which should be via Skyline Drive. I tried to drag route to Skyline Drive, but it wouldn't do it.

I do have RV settings for this trip, but I don't believe the route into the park has any hazards that would exclude my small motor home (10'6" height and 27 ft long).

Any suggestions? Greg

Try the route without the RV setting. The RV Setting is in beta. If you are coing from the south I know there is a low bridge/tunnel someplace. Not sure where.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 07:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
Try the route without the RV setting. The RV Setting is in beta. If you are coing from the south I know there is a low bridge/tunnel someplace. Not sure where.
Sue, I took your advice and change the setting to "standard" (auto), and TW rerouted me to campsite via Skyline Drive. I don't see any route hazards on TW in standard mode, so can I assume there are no low bridges? If no hazards, software needs some modification to accept Skyline Drive. Thanks for the quick response to my question. Greg
Old 08-10-2019, 07:17 AM   #5

Happy that worked. If nothing is showing up as a hazard I would assume it is OK. No guarantees of course.

Wold you send them a note with the problem please. Only way to ix something is if they know about it.

Thanks

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 08:08 AM   #6

Quote:
Happy that worked. If nothing is showing up as a hazard I would assume it is OK. No guarantees of course.

Wold you send them a note with the problem please. Only way to ix something is if they know about it.

Thanks
There is one tunnel on the drive with a low clearance of around 12' 8". You should be fine and it is a beautiful drive. We've done it in a car. Last year we had to detour around that section with our 5'r. FYI, the tunnel was blasted out of rock and the roof and walls are somewhat rounded so you might want to steer away from the edge as you go through and hope for no oncoming traffic. Search for pics of Mary's Rock Tunnel.

Safe travels.
bubbiebecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 05:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbiebecker View Post
There is one tunnel on the drive with a low clearance of around 12' 8". You should be fine and it is a beautiful drive. We've done it in a car. Last year we had to detour around that section with our 5'r. FYI, the tunnel was blasted out of rock and the roof and walls are somewhat rounded so you might want to steer away from the edge as you go through and hope for no oncoming traffic. Search for pics of Mary's Rock Tunnel.

Safe travels.
Thanks for the heads up on Mary's Rock Tunnel. I checked out its location and my routing to Skyline Drive from the south is via rte 211, so the tunnel should not be an issue for us. Greg
Old 08-11-2019, 05:32 AM   #8

Quote:

Thanks
Sent them a note today. By the way, the Mary's Rock Tunnel was not in my routing. I'm coming in from the south on route 211 and intersect Skyline Drive north of the tunnel. Greg

Tags
route