Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2019, 06:23 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Connecting trips???

Have a trip for each year we have been on the road,would like to combine all 3 into one. Any ideas how to do it with out having to enter each stop again? Thanks
taz4028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2019, 03:27 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz4028 View Post
Have a trip for each year we have been on the road,would like to combine all 3 into one. Any ideas how to do it with out having to enter each stop again? Thanks
I am not aware of a function that will do that. Plus, typically trips start from the same location and end up returning to that same location. One trip might head north and the next one south. How would combining trips even work or be useful?
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:20 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Not sure I understand. Are these trips in RVTW? Do you want to combine them into RVTW?

If they are in RVTW you could export each trip to Excel and combine them in Excel as a log of all the trips.

As far as I know, there is no way to import trips into RVTW. Seems like that might be a nice function.
aiken rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 01:25 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
I have been thinking about this some, and I guess it might make sense for full timers. They just go from place to place in one long continuous trip. So one trip would start where the last one ended. In that case, being able to combine trips would make sense. I don't believe RVTW was designed around that model though.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:54 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We have been on the road 3 years,traveling to all 48 states. I was trying to combine the years to show the route we have take to see them all.
taz4028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 02:44 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
We have been on the road 3 years,traveling to all 48 states. I was trying to combine the years to show the route we have take to see them all.
Sorry, I just don't think it is possible to do that other that just putting them in manually.
Old 01-01-2020, 01:27 PM   #7

I'm bumping this post as I have great uses for merging trips. "What if?" and managing long trips. Put the 2 together and it gets really hard!

We are planning a 3 month trip, sooooo many options. On a previous long trip I laid it out in sections, i.e. leg out, around the main area, return a different way. This let me work each portion with variations by making duplicates of just a section. The new trip has more sections and more options as it is longer and more flexible. Being able to merge sections together would make the process far easier.

Then there's the itineraries posted by 3rd parties. I'd love to import someone else's trip and modify it or add it one of mine.

Of course I'd also like to get rid of the little buggy things. I've been involved in software development. I get the tension between features and bugs, but please do more on bugs!
RickLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 06:12 AM   #8

Combining trips is an interesting concept. I use to do it on Garmin's Homeport software. To my knowledge that option is not available on TW.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 06:26 AM   #9

I've found that one long trip with many stops is just too hard to manage. Changing anything changes the dates on everything and if you have fixed date reservations you SOL. So I favor breaking long trips up into smaller segments, of not more than 10 stops, that start and end where I have fixed dates.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote