Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2018, 12:27 PM   #1

Distance rings

I can select a point and activate distance rings from that point. However, when I hover over another point it does not give me to distance from the point that the rings are around.

How do I make the program give me distances from the distance rings center?

Thank You.
ccsmith51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2018, 04:37 PM   #2
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

I'm not quite sure what you are asking exactly. The distances of each ring are defined by you in the Trip Preferences, under the Driving tab. When you select Miles Per Day, the first box represents the outer ring. The next two are labled accordingly, the Inner Radius and Middle Radius. Combined with the Average Driving Speed you set, those rings will show you approximately where on the map you will end up, if you maintain that average speed.

When viewing your stops on the map, you can hover above a stop with your mouse. A pop-up bubble will appear with the campground name, rating, picture, etc. as well as the option of More Details, Also on that pop-up bubble, in the upper right-hand corner, will be a small icon that looks like a target. If you click on that target icon, the map will redraw using that location as the center of the rings.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:20 AM   #3
RV LIFE Support Team

How do I turn off the rings? I can easily turn them on when the pop up box shows by clicking on the ring symbol. I want to temporarily turn the rings off but nothing happens when I click on the ring symbol.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:08 AM   #4
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Under Trip Preferences, in the Driving tab, select "Do not display driving radii".
Old 05-21-2018, 05:17 AM   #5
RV LIFE Support Team

Yes, I know that but it is so simple to turn them on by clicking the symbol I should be able to turn them off the same way, simiply.

I just want to turn them off temporarily for a quick view of a location.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 05-21-2018, 05:53 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsmith51 View Post
I can select a point and activate distance rings from that point. However, when I hover over another point it does not give me to distance from the point that the rings are around.

How do I make the program give me distances from the distance rings center?

Thank You.
Is this the screen you are trying to acquire??

Just to left of the circle icon is the miles from the center. In addition, it appears to give the proper mileage to the target, given the GPS routing and not "as the bird flies" mileage.

However, while this "sometimes" works, it seems to be very fickle and sometimes gives mileage from a different stop than where the circle center is located.

Once I figure out the "secret" to getting it fail reliably, I will contact support with the exact scenario.

Steps to getting the mileage:

1. Put a mileage circle around a stop
2. Turn on POI's or Campgrounds for the map
3. Wait until everything updates properly
4. Zoom in on an area and hover over a campground or fuel stop..whatever
5. In the little popup, it should display miles, as in the photo below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 7.43.32 AM.png
Views:	98
Size:	603.5 KB
ID:	203655
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 01:51 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to IdahoBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
Yes, I know that but it is so simple to turn them on by clicking the symbol I should be able to turn them off the same way, simiply.

Sue46,

I have the same observation. Did you get an answer to this? Thanks!

Bob
IdahoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:38 PM   #8
RV LIFE Support Team

No. I never pursued a solution. There are several "little" things that I would like to see tweaked in the program. I feel RVTW is in the early stages and as it matures the little things will be addressed.

Still like the program and see its potential, just growing pains.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 06-26-2018, 09:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post

Sue: whenever I open a trip there is always at least 1 stop with the rings. I can select another stop and trigger that stop to be the new center. But I think once you invoke the rings on the set-up screen, you'll always have them on at least one of your stops.

Since you want to look at a location, if you drill in close enough with the "+", the rings disappear because you are "inside" them.

-Mike
Mikes47 is offline   Reply With Quote