RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2019, 06:57 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Dragging Route with No RV Route Available

Using the new RV Routing features, on a previously planned upcoming trip where I now I have two 1-day driving segments going between overnight stops where I have notifications stating "No RV Route Available, Using Standard Route". On both, I have tried to drag the planned routes to alternative roads that I have checked out on Google Maps for shorter distance and time, and which will also accommodate our RV; however, RVTW will not allow me to drag these specific segments. The current route segments appear to be fixed. This is the case on RVTW on both the IE11 and Chrome platforms. Is this a restriction that is coded into RVTW for some reason? Also, what does this "No RV Route Available, Using Standard Route" really mean? Certainly this is some route that will work?

Mike8253 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2019, 07:01 PM   #2

Check your settings. Someone else couldn't drag and they had the setting set to highways only.

No idea what the no RV route is. Only thing I an think of is a low bridge, do you have low bridges in your filters.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 07:52 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for your reply. Both the General Settings and specific Trip Settings are properly set. As you will see, the low bridge hazard setting is operational, but the routing from Cincinnati to the State Park overnight, and RV Resort on the 2nd overnight are primarily interstate routes until we get up around Madison on the 2nd night. Notice also that the route color for these first two segments are yellow with an exclamation point midway on both segments, and also the notifications on the left column. And I cannot change the route that RVTW has determined for both segments. I"m OK with RVTW making suggestions on routing, but ultimately the user should have the ultimate vote on routing and should always be able to change it.
[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	Notification Offset 1 from Route Segment - B.gif
Views:	10
Size:	431.7 KB
ID:	251615[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Notification Offset 1 from Route Segment - A.gif
Views:	7
Size:	471.5 KB
ID:	251614  
Old 06-29-2019, 08:13 PM   #4

OK, I can duplicate it. I sent it in to RVTW as a bug.

I made the change in my settings to standard and could drag the route.

I'll let you know when I get an answer. Please remember that RV routing is in beta.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 06-29-2019, 08:32 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks Sue, and yes, I understand it's still in beta and am ok with that. It's the reason I flagged it. I just wanted to make sure, also, that the user had the final routing vote. I can work around this. Nothing is ever straight forward or simple.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:35 AM   #6

I had an issue using the New Garmin 780 was routing me down a narrow road and over a weight restricted bridge. The new RVTW did not route me down the same road but the only one that worked. I currently happy!
Old 07-21-2019, 11:41 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
OK, I can duplicate it. I sent it in to RVTW as a bug.

I made the change in my settings to standard and could drag the route.

I'll let you know when I get an answer. Please remember that RV routing is in beta.
Hi Sue. Just wanted to follow-up and let you know that yesterday I went back to the route segment in my trip that I could not originally drag because of the notification, and now I can drag it to an alternate route. Looks like whatever the issue originally was has now been corrected. Thanks.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:56 PM   #8

Happy to hear that. Thanks.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y

Tags
route