Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2018, 10:58 AM   #1

Favorites

Is there a spot in trip wizard where we can have a list of our favorite RV Parks? We can't always remember the ones we liked and would stay at again. Last trip, 34 parks. We have also passed some that we would stay at when we travel this way again.
LBIZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2018, 02:15 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBIZZY View Post
Is there a spot in trip wizard where we can have a list of our favorite RV Parks? We can't always remember the ones we liked and would stay at again. Last trip, 34 parks. We have also passed some that we would stay at when we travel this way again.
No list feature that I have seen (good idea though) but you could create a new Trip called favorites and add them to that trip.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:26 PM   #3
RV LIFE Support Team

I start my trip name with 2018 and keep them for my personal historical information. A trip called favorites is a good idea. Because we full time I keep a spread sheet by year of where we stop each night, just in case we are questioned. Also good for reference. I have been doing this for at least 15 years.

We have alsow started a trip called daily travel. We are in the mountains and I put in point A and point B and look at the elevation change so I have some idea as to what to expect as we are in the mountains right now.

I have seen a lot of RVTW tweeks that would be nice and I hope someone at RVTW is keeping a list.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 05:46 AM   #4
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

I think it is being looked at. There is already a way to save favorites in RV Park Reviews (just click the heart icon and it gets added). You should be able to login to RVPR with the same creds as RVTW.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:10 PM   #5

It would be nice to have that feature because there are places we stay that are not RV parks and it would be handy to re-use those places in future trips. Some of the places don't have addresses and I had to define them by zooming into the satellite view on the map and adding a "custom stop". When creating another trip with that same stop, it would be really handy to pull that from a drop-down list.
Aggie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:16 PM   #6

RV Trip Wizard
Last fall I contacted support requesting this same feature, as well as making a few other suggestions. I received a response that my suggestions have been requested by others and were "in development" and "I don't have a completion date at this time, but we plan to implement these features as soon as we are able."

I've been using RVTW for over 6 months now and have made a number of recommendations to support, most fairly simple things. For all my suggestions they've agreed with the suggestions and said they will implemented some time in the future. However I've yet to see any useful (to me) enhancements, and I'm not just talking about my suggestions.

Unless I start seeing some improvements I just don't see renewing my subscription when it comes due. I believe RVTW has a lot of potential to be a great tool but for me, it falls short of what I am looking for, especially given the cost of a subscription.

-Ray
Ray-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:45 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Same for me. We start from a location that isn't a park. It would be handy to be able to at least have a "home" location or something similar that could be reused.

An address book would be terrific.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:17 AM   #8
RV LIFE Support Team

No piece of software will meet everyones specific needs unless you write it yourself. The cycle for updates and changes is probably at least 2 years out. What you consider a simple change may not be and have many unintended consequences that you are not aware of. There are many features of RVTW that I don't use but I don't tell them to remove them because I don't use that function. Someone does use them.

I have used several other programs and I don't recall any that had a "home" option. I would never use it since we full time and don't require that option.

If you find a piece of software that meets your needs come back and tell us.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 03-04-2019, 12:54 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Hmmm. apparently I touched a nerve. I was in the SW business so I am familiar with the issues of changes/maintenance.

Google maps has a "Home" as well as an office feature. Delorme has an address book that you put your home (or any other) address into. Sadly Garmin bought Delorme and promptly killed it.

I like and recommend RVTW. As with anything there are always new ideas and suggestions. For my trip planning I use RVTW and the last version of Delorme.

Sorry if an idea to make RVTW even more useful was offensive.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:24 PM   #10
RV LIFE Support Team

"I've been using RVTW for over 6 months now and have made a number of recommendations to support, most fairly simple things. For all my suggestions they've agreed with the suggestions and said they will implemented some time in the future. However I've yet to see any useful (to me) enhancements, and I'm not just talking about my suggestion

-Ray[/QUOTE]

I was replying to Ray, not you.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 03-04-2019, 03:00 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry - wasn't clear since the quote wasn't there.

Thanks for clarifying