Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2019, 03:39 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Feature request: adding points of interest

I would like to see an option where I set a stop for x number of days at a campground and then select some points of interest around that stop, but NOT have the software route to each of those points of interest. They would show up in the itinerary for that stop, but rather than having to route to and from the campground for each one, just list the selected points of interest at that stop. It would certainly speed up the routing algorithm, and clean up the routing view on the display.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2019, 03:34 AM   #2
RV LIFE Support Team

I have seen this requested frequently so I assume it is on the to do list.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:14 PM   #3
NXR

On a related subject, is it possible to enter my own destinations or POI's? Specifically I would like to add in the various Harvest Hosts locations around our routes.

Actually, it would be nice to see HH as a "membership" I could select.

Ray
Old 11-11-2019, 03:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
On a related subject, is it possible to enter my own destinations or POI's? Specifically I would like to add in the various Harvest Hosts locations around our routes.
Actually, it would be nice to see HH as a "membership" I could select.
Ray
I second that suggestion. I just completed a trip plan that includes several HH overnights. I chose the red letter "H" icon to set them apart. But it would be nice to have a unique icon and membership selection.

But I wouldn't go so far as to expect RVTW to incorporate the HH membership within their "campgrounds" ...
Old 11-11-2019, 03:28 PM   #5
RV LIFE Support Team

I believe HH is under discussion, Not sue what the status is of your own POI's, I had asked for that last year.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:58 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Harvest Host will not allow RVTW to list their sites because you have to be a HH member to have access to their list of sites. RVTW has reached out to HH asking them to allow only HH members to see their sites, but so far they have refused. Maybe they would start allowing their sites to be listed if enough Trip Wizard users would request HH to allow it.
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:16 PM   #7
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJB View Post
Harvest Host will not allow RVTW to list their sites because you have to be a HH member to have access to their list of sites.
Uh huh...
  • Go to www.harvesthosts.com

• Click on Host Locations and you'll see the map with a lot of pushpins.

• Change the Google Maps view from Map to Satellite.

• Find the one you're interested in and zoom way in.

• Ta da!

Although that would be somewhat tedious method to compile into a list format.

I just dropped them a note asking them to consider providing the list.

Ray
Old 11-11-2019, 09:00 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
Uh huh...
  • Go to www.harvesthosts.com

• Click on Host Locations and you'll see the map with a lot of pushpins.

• Change the Google Maps view from Map to Satellite.

• Find the one you're interested in and zoom way in.

• Ta da!

Although that would be somewhat tedious method to compile into a list format.

I just dropped them a note asking them to consider providing the list.

Ray
The last I knew Harvest Host does not want us to show their sites and will not provide their list. We do not think it would be ethical to list them without their permission. If they have changed their policy I am not aware of it.
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:41 AM   #9
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJB View Post
The last I knew Harvest Host does not want us to show their sites and will not provide their list. We do not think it would be ethical to list them without their permission. If they have changed their policy I am not aware of it.
That is a good position to take. I was trying to be facetious because there's no way anyone could keep a 700+ destination list accurate manually. You'd need an API interface ideally.

I worked in IT security for twenty years and anytime I see someone using publicly available services like Google Maps and then saying "Shhh, this is secret" I know it's not really.

Ray