Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2018, 05:15 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Feature suggestion - RV fuel lanes

it would be nice to be able to click on the FlyingJ on your route and in the details it would show RV fuel lanes if it has them. As it is, I have to go back and forth between apps using myPilot go see if a particular FJ has the the RV lanes.
MSD81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2018, 05:23 AM   #2

Why do you need a lane just for RVs The truck lane will work, so will most of the outside lane where the diesel is?

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”93 Coachmen Pusher 38' 8.3Cummings, 6sp Alison. "Roy"
olcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:27 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by olcarguy View Post
Why do you need a lane just for RVs The truck lane will work, so will most of the outside lane where the diesel is?
That is what I prefer. I don’t like waiting in truck lanes, and I don’t like having to go inside to prepay for an amount I do not know if the pump won’t take the card upfront.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:32 AM   #4

For those of us that need gas, most truck lanes don't have, be sides most flying j have water, air, dump, propane available in these lanes. One stop shop.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:37 AM   #5

I stand corrected. Did not know this.

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”93 Coachmen Pusher 38' 8.3Cummings, 6sp Alison. "Roy"
olcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 02:51 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If a Flying J for Pilot does have fuel RV lanes - I believe they are listed in the station amenities of the stations web page.

I use the Pilot/Flying J web site when a planing a trip.

I go to the locations tab, plan a trip, enter starting point and destination, then click "Stores that have" filter button and enter RV Fuel Lanes. it will show you only the stations that have these lanes....

Good luck,

g
Old 05-02-2018, 05:10 AM   #7

There is a Pilot App for the smart phone.

Once it locates the station, one more touch gives you all the info. RV parking, RV lanes, dump station,.....

You can even search for only the ones with what your looking for. I often search for stations with RV parking, when looking for a quick overnight stop.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD81 View Post
it would be nice to be able to click on the FlyingJ on your route and in the details it would show RV fuel lanes if it has them. As it is, I have to go back and forth between apps using myPilot go see if a particular FJ has the the RV lanes.
In the MyPilot app, click on the "amenities" tag and apply the filter for RV Fuel Lanes. Then the map shows only the Pilot/Flying J stations that have them. I usually do that before leaving and write down the info for all of them along our route for easy reference.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:41 AM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
I use the MyPilot app, that is my point. Why can't the 'Has RV Lanes' be integrated into the Trip Wizzard so we do not have to go back and forth. It says has RV Dump, but it leaves out if it has fuel lanes.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:11 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I use the MyPilot app, that is my point. Why can't the 'Has RV Lanes' be integrated into the Trip Wizzard so we do not have to go back and forth. It says has RV Dump, but it leaves out if it has fuel lanes.
Ahhhh....so this is a RV Trip Wizard question...

And a good one. Why not send them a suggestion from their web site. I am.

Thanks,

g
Old 05-27-2018, 11:36 AM   #11

Quote:
+1 on this.
There is no gas in the truck lanes.
CapnJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:59 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnJustice View Post
+1 on this.
There is no gas in the truck lanes.
+2 on this. You would think Pilot/Flying J would love to help keep the RVTripWizard database up to date just for the incremental sales they could get as a result.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 10:30 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
That is what I prefer. I don’t like waiting in truck lanes, and I don’t like having to go inside to prepay for an amount I do not know if the pump won’t take the card upfront.
If you have their charge card you can start the pump and pay at the pump, would only need to go inside for receipt. One card does everything. I swipe it enter a 4 digit control number, the pump turns on and the charge is applied to my account. Makes young the truck lanes quick and easy.

Its a charge card not a credit card.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:17 AM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have never (Well twice) had a problem using the auto lanes. Since my RV is a Gasser. and the problems I have had were not with the pumps or the islands it was with other people getting in my way.

This includes many Pilot stations (no RV islands), LOVES, (likewise) T/A, last 35 gallons were from Kroger Gas, Meijer's. Wal*mart, Shell, Speedway, Mobile, marathon and a host of other gas stations.

I just like to "Scout" out the station before I pull in with the big rig. and usually pick an "outside" pump (First or last island not under the overhang/roof) make sure I can get out before I pull in, at the Kroger I drop the towed at the store (Across the street) head to my mail box and pick up mail do any other "Round running" I need to do, get lunch, shop for food THEN park the car drive teh MH to gfet gas (30 cents off last fill) and then return to the store lot and re-hook and go.

Tags
fuel