Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2018, 02:13 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Google maps

Is there a way to open up a trip planin Google maps
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2018, 06:04 AM   #2
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Looks like if you click on the little wrench icon, you can choose Send to GPS. From there you can send to Google. Here is a small snippet from that page:

The GPS file exports above are in two file formats. The GPX export can be loaded into Google Maps and many standalone GPS units. The GPX export will export the stops, waypoints, and route selected in RV Trip Wizard. For step by step instructions to import the GPX file to Google Maps see: Importing your trip map to Google Maps
Old 01-26-2018, 10:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbucha View Post
Looks like if you click on the little wrench icon, you can choose Send to GPS. From there you can send to Google. Here is a small snippet from that page:

The GPS file exports above are in two file formats. The GPX export can be loaded into Google Maps and many standalone GPS units. The GPX export will export the stops, waypoints, and route selected in RV Trip Wizard. For step by step instructions to import the GPX file to Google Maps see: Importing your trip map to Google Maps
I've tried this because I want to share a map of my trip, which had 43 stops.

When I export the GPX, the resulting GPX file has only 17 stops. The other 26 stops aren't in the export. I know this because I opened the GPX file in a text editor and reviewed it.

The CSV export includes all 43 stops, but when I import that file into Google Maps, I get nothing but a collection of points - no routing.
Rocinante440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante440 View Post
The CSV export includes all 43 stops, but when I import that file into Google Maps, I get nothing but a collection of points - no routing.
You can only route 20 or so stops in Google Maps, 26 in Bing Maps, and something less than that in Mapquest. So even if it had a way to import the route, you'd have to break it up.

RVTW is great in part because it can route so many stops.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:59 PM   #5

Thanks, good to know. I wonder whether I can take advantage of the layers feature of Google Maps' "My Map" by breaking the trip into pieces and putting each piece into a layer on the map. I'll have to experiment a bit.
Rocinante440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebster View Post
You can only route 20 or so stops in Google Maps, 26 in Bing Maps, and something less than that in Mapquest. So even if it had a way to import the route, you'd have to break it up.

RVTW is great in part because it can route so many stops.

Help please... what is “RVTW”. Thank you.
wnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:30 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnorton View Post
Help please... what is “RVTW”. Thank you.
RV Trip Wizard
https://www.rvtripwizard.com/

Some people like it; some not so much.

Take care,
Stu