RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-01-2019, 09:05 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Mike8253's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 278
Thanks FreeLunch for your reply. I'm glad you recognized that I thought that was a little humerus, I recognize the RVTW team is seriously listening to all the inputs they've been receiving from the RV'ing public and trying to incorporate a lot of new features in response. I'm sure you all have your hands full with all this. Keep at it, you're going to make it a great product.

One other note that I posted separately about, I noticed that the"No RV Route" call outs in the destinations bar to the left are offset 1 from the route segment it's speaking of, kind of like what the segment highlighting used to do before that was recently fixed. I wonder if that offset is confusing things a bit as well.
__________________

__________________
Mike and Cindy
2016 Tiffin Allegro 34 PA
2010 Pontiac G6
Mike8253 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2019, 11:21 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Mageksl's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: LaBarque Creek, MO
Posts: 239
Still working on a trip but I did find that after setting a fuel stop and going into the edit screen for that stop it will give me the "calculated" fuel used, i.e. 37.85 gallons. It also shows fuel remaining, added and leaving with. With the fuel capacity set to 75 gallons I can input 40 gallons and RVTW will treat it as a fill up and show the max of 75 in the "Leaving with" field and calculating the amount added. Never could get it to do that making the Range icon somewhat useless.

Might be nice to have a "Fill-up" button. This would be handy when setting up your trip because as they say, "Results may vary". These fields as well as price have to be edited anyway to reflect actual costs.

I guess the variable dates option didn't make the cut for this release. Is it still in the works?
__________________

__________________
2001 Monaco LaPalma
Workhorse W-22
Chevrolet 8.1L
Mageksl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:24 PM   #31
Community Administrator
 
Andy R's Avatar


 
Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post
Apparently if figured out that if it just avoids the questionable roads and drives through back yards instead, no warnings are needed. That's a little tongue in cheek, but regardless, that's not normal.
Mike, just a quick update that this should be fixed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageksl View Post
Still working on a trip but I did find that after setting a fuel stop and going into the edit screen for that stop it will give me the "calculated" fuel used, i.e. 37.85 gallons. It also shows fuel remaining, added and leaving with. With the fuel capacity set to 75 gallons I can input 40 gallons and RVTW will treat it as a fill up and show the max of 75 in the "Leaving with" field and calculating the amount added. Never could get it to do that making the Range icon somewhat useless.

Might be nice to have a "Fill-up" button. This would be handy when setting up your trip because as they say, "Results may vary". These fields as well as price have to be edited anyway to reflect actual costs.
We have a big fuel-up functionality overhaul on the list. Unfortunately, we can't provide an ETA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageksl View Post
I guess the variable dates option didn't make the cut for this release. Is it still in the works?
Not for this release but it's still in the works. Seems simple but a lot more complex than it appears on the surface.
__________________
World Traveler and Vintage Airstream Owner
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 03:37 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Mike8253's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 278
Thanks Andy. Really appreciate how you all are cataloging and working the issues as they are made known.
__________________
Mike and Cindy
2016 Tiffin Allegro 34 PA
2010 Pontiac G6
Mike8253 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:30 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Mike8253's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 278
Andy, I just checked my trip routing again and it still shows cutting diagonally across as it did before. Possibly a matter of my existing trip routing already being set, as opposed to fresh new trip plans being created, maybe?? Anyway, based on the previous recommendation to me in this post, I'm looking for an upgrade to the wings on the RV.
__________________
Mike and Cindy
2016 Tiffin Allegro 34 PA
2010 Pontiac G6
Mike8253 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:23 AM   #34
RVTW
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post
Andy, I just checked my trip routing again and it still shows cutting diagonally across as it did before. Possibly a matter of my existing trip routing already being set, as opposed to fresh new trip plans being created, maybe?? Anyway, based on the previous recommendation to me in this post, I'm looking for an upgrade to the wings on the RV.
Mike - a change was made previously that helped out in some cases. However, there are some instances where you need to purchase some wings to add on to your RV. It's on the list to adjust the way the polyline displays in cases like you're seeing Mike. That still has to be developed.
FreeLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:33 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Mike8253's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeLunch View Post
Mike - a change was made previously that helped out in some cases. However, there are some instances where you need to purchase some wings to add on to your RV. It's on the list to adjust the way the polyline displays in cases like you're seeing Mike. That still has to be developed.
Thanks. No problems here. Cutting out the wings with my handy scroll saw now...
__________________
Mike and Cindy
2016 Tiffin Allegro 34 PA
2010 Pontiac G6
Mike8253 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:10 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Mr.Goodbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Nolensville, TN
Posts: 187
Thanks, RVTW team! I just went back to a trip from last year where despite setting my RV height to 11'6", it routed me up IL-82 in Genesseo, IL under this bridge (see photo). I set the routing to "RV Safe" routing and it went around it on the route recommended by the campground.

Question: The warning diamond shows 10'11" where the actual height is 10'0". What's possibly going on here?


Also, I've noticed the warning diamond and CG marker icons remained on the map, when I opened another trip. Refreshing the trip map got rid of them. Is that my browser doing that? (Latest version of Firefox on a MacBook Pro).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	low bridge.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	252028  
__________________
Tom & Kathy & our Goldendoodle, Sandy
2017 Thor Citation Sprinter 24SS (Diesel)
2014 Honda CR-V FWD, Blue-Ox Baseplate, Roadmaster Falcon 2 tow bar
Mr.Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 03:27 PM   #37
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3
I had some rts that I know are fine show up as unpaved!!
Thebigd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 04:24 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 136
I've used paper maps, Google Maps, Good Sam maps until I found RV Trip Wizard. The best $30 I've ever invested in RV travel planning. Actually, I do my planning with RVTW but use my Garmin RV GPS while I'm driving.
StageCoachDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 11:50 PM   #39
Junior Member
 
UA888's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Covington, LA
Posts: 4
If you want a 2nd map to check against... I use Copilot, it has an RV feature for your RV specs. I havenít used it much really but itís designed for truckers with an RV function.
UA888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:16 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by UA888 View Post
If you want a 2nd map to check against... I use Copilot, it has an RV feature for your RV specs. I havenít used it much really but itís designed for truckers with an RV function.
I use Copilot for GPS, too, but I haven't found a PC based version to do easy cut and paste between RVTripwizard. Is there one?
__________________

Tdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
trip wizard



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can RV Trip Wizard reorder the stops on a trip? AvaV RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics 10 06-25-2019 10:55 AM
Starting "new trip" often doesn't work (RV Trip Wizard) lce3 RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics 20 06-20-2019 06:41 PM
RV Trip Wizard vs Good Sam Trip Planner? Born2RV RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics 95 05-03-2019 03:11 PM
Import from one users Trip wizard to my wizard JFreitas RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics 2 07-06-2017 06:22 PM
Trip Planning: Basic info, apps, and RV Trip Wizard MikeGriffin Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 6 12-16-2016 10:52 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.