RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2019, 09:05 AM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks FreeLunch for your reply. I'm glad you recognized that I thought that was a little humerus, I recognize the RVTW team is seriously listening to all the inputs they've been receiving from the RV'ing public and trying to incorporate a lot of new features in response. I'm sure you all have your hands full with all this. Keep at it, you're going to make it a great product.

One other note that I posted separately about, I noticed that the"No RV Route" call outs in the destinations bar to the left are offset 1 from the route segment it's speaking of, kind of like what the segment highlighting used to do before that was recently fixed. I wonder if that offset is confusing things a bit as well.

Mike8253 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2019, 11:21 AM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Still working on a trip but I did find that after setting a fuel stop and going into the edit screen for that stop it will give me the "calculated" fuel used, i.e. 37.85 gallons. It also shows fuel remaining, added and leaving with. With the fuel capacity set to 75 gallons I can input 40 gallons and RVTW will treat it as a fill up and show the max of 75 in the "Leaving with" field and calculating the amount added. Never could get it to do that making the Range icon somewhat useless.

Might be nice to have a "Fill-up" button. This would be handy when setting up your trip because as they say, "Results may vary". These fields as well as price have to be edited anyway to reflect actual costs.

I guess the variable dates option didn't make the cut for this release. Is it still in the works?

Mageksl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:24 PM   #31
Community Administrator

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post
Apparently if figured out that if it just avoids the questionable roads and drives through back yards instead, no warnings are needed. That's a little tongue in cheek, but regardless, that's not normal.
Mike, just a quick update that this should be fixed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageksl View Post
Still working on a trip but I did find that after setting a fuel stop and going into the edit screen for that stop it will give me the "calculated" fuel used, i.e. 37.85 gallons. It also shows fuel remaining, added and leaving with. With the fuel capacity set to 75 gallons I can input 40 gallons and RVTW will treat it as a fill up and show the max of 75 in the "Leaving with" field and calculating the amount added. Never could get it to do that making the Range icon somewhat useless.

Might be nice to have a "Fill-up" button. This would be handy when setting up your trip because as they say, "Results may vary". These fields as well as price have to be edited anyway to reflect actual costs.
We have a big fuel-up functionality overhaul on the list. Unfortunately, we can't provide an ETA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageksl View Post
I guess the variable dates option didn't make the cut for this release. Is it still in the works?
Not for this release but it's still in the works. Seems simple but a lot more complex than it appears on the surface.
Old 07-02-2019, 03:37 AM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks Andy. Really appreciate how you all are cataloging and working the issues as they are made known.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:30 PM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Andy, I just checked my trip routing again and it still shows cutting diagonally across as it did before. Possibly a matter of my existing trip routing already being set, as opposed to fresh new trip plans being created, maybe?? Anyway, based on the previous recommendation to me in this post, I'm looking for an upgrade to the wings on the RV.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:23 AM   #34
RVTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post
Andy, I just checked my trip routing again and it still shows cutting diagonally across as it did before. Possibly a matter of my existing trip routing already being set, as opposed to fresh new trip plans being created, maybe?? Anyway, based on the previous recommendation to me in this post, I'm looking for an upgrade to the wings on the RV.
Mike - a change was made previously that helped out in some cases. However, there are some instances where you need to purchase some wings to add on to your RV. It's on the list to adjust the way the polyline displays in cases like you're seeing Mike. That still has to be developed.
FreeLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:33 AM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeLunch View Post
Mike - a change was made previously that helped out in some cases. However, there are some instances where you need to purchase some wings to add on to your RV. It's on the list to adjust the way the polyline displays in cases like you're seeing Mike. That still has to be developed.
Thanks. No problems here. Cutting out the wings with my handy scroll saw now...
Old 07-03-2019, 01:10 PM   #36

Thanks, RVTW team! I just went back to a trip from last year where despite setting my RV height to 11'6", it routed me up IL-82 in Genesseo, IL under this bridge (see photo). I set the routing to "RV Safe" routing and it went around it on the route recommended by the campground.

Question: The warning diamond shows 10'11" where the actual height is 10'0". What's possibly going on here?

Also, I've noticed the warning diamond and CG marker icons remained on the map, when I opened another trip. Refreshing the trip map got rid of them. Is that my browser doing that? (Latest version of Firefox on a MacBook Pro).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	low bridge.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	252028  
Mr.Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 03:27 PM   #37

I had some rts that I know are fine show up as unpaved!!
Thebigd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 04:24 PM   #38

I've used paper maps, Google Maps, Good Sam maps until I found RV Trip Wizard. The best $30 I've ever invested in RV travel planning. Actually, I do my planning with RVTW but use my Garmin RV GPS while I'm driving.
StageCoachDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 11:50 PM   #39

If you want a 2nd map to check against... I use Copilot, it has an RV feature for your RV specs. I havenít used it much really but itís designed for truckers with an RV function.
UA888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:16 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by UA888 View Post
If you want a 2nd map to check against... I use Copilot, it has an RV feature for your RV specs. I havenít used it much really but itís designed for truckers with an RV function.
I use Copilot for GPS, too, but I haven't found a PC based version to do easy cut and paste between RVTripwizard. Is there one?

Tdave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trip wizard