Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2015, 06:16 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to TXwannabe
Online Trip Planner?

Have only had our RV since last October, so I have not had a lot of trip planning experience. However the couple of times I have planned something more than a weekend trip, I have referred to MapQuest or to Good Sam Trip Planner (both online). I have realized for both that the trip time seems to be based on Speed Limits. However, I typically don't take our Class A DP over 65.
Is there any kind of online trip planner that allows you to adjust for the actual speed you'll be travelling, even if less than the posted speed limit?
(If my trip is 800 miles one way, I'd like an easy way to figure out where 400 miles is, so I can plan the overnight stay on the road)

TXwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2015, 05:26 PM   #2

Here is a new online tool that I learned about yesterday. I like what I have seen so far. You can control the distances between stops using driving time.

https://trips.furkot.com/ui
andy29847 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:15 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to TXwannabe
Furkot

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy29847 View Post
Here is a new online tool that I learned about yesterday. I like what I have seen so far. You can control the distances between stops using driving time.

Thanks for this! I had never heard of this one before. I am trying it out this morning and looks like it gives numerous options that others do not. I too like what I see so far.
TXwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:52 PM   #4

Might want to check out RVTRIPWIZARD.COM. ad you can imagine by the name thus product is very centered on RV travel.
Steve
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:19 AM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to GFBishop
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy29847 View Post

They want you to sign up first.
GFBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:36 AM   #6

Check out RV PARKY when you pick a stop it will tell you the distance if that is to far just delete pick a closer destination. It shows places to stay ie. Walmart, campground etc.....
pop-sicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:59 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Spartan Chassis
I've used the RV Trip Wizard and enjoy it. Good program with solid customer support.
Russ - USN SWO (ret) - 2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan Chassis a Road Glide CVO & Dyna Switchback in an Iron horse trailer or a Jeep Unlimited Alliance Valor 40V13 toyhauler (on order) with Harley CVO ROad Glide and Dyna Switchback in the garage, pulled by a F350 DRW
Russtj60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trip wizard