RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2019, 06:30 PM   #1

Reorder Waypoints

It appears that waypoints are associated with a particular stop on your route. The problem is that when adding another stop, the waypoints don't necessarily end up in the right place, which can lead to some rather strange backtracking on the route.

For instance, I created a waypoint to force RVTW to take me south through the DelMar Peninsula (Delaware and Maryland) rather than going through Washington DC. I did this by dragging the route which created a waypoint on Route 301 in eastern Maryland and another in La Plata, MD.

Then I looked for gas along this route, and added the Costco in Brandywine, MD. To do so I had it add this stop after my point or origin in northern New Jersey. Now Waypoints 1 and 2 have become associated with the Costco stop, meaning that RVTW wants to send me to Costco first, then back to the waypoints, then back south again...

I want Waypoint 1 to be BEFORE Costco, but I can't figure any way to move it in the trip, but I can't move the waypoint in the trip list.

Any suggestions?

MilesAndSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2019, 06:49 PM   #2

Click on the pencil after the stop, you will see on the bottom right "reorder stop"

Agesilaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agesilaus View Post
Click on the pencil after the stop, you will see on the bottom right "reorder stop"
Unfortunately this doesn't fix the problem because the waypoints move with the stop they are now associated with.

In this case, the STOPS are in the right order. But Waypoint 1 should be BEFORE Costco and after Mahlon Dickerson.
MilesAndSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:30 AM   #4

You might try Custom Stops instead of waypoints.
Instead of using the Drag Route feature, which creates waypoints, try right-clicking at specific locations and creating a custom stop to force the route in the direction you wish. It normally works pretty well.