Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2019, 06:25 PM   #1

Round Trip Options with Edited Route

New to RV Trip Wizard but working through a route plan. I planned a trip from point A to B but then performed the "drag route" option to modify the calculated route. This created a single waypoint in the route.

Now, I want to return using the exact same edited route. If I use either of the "Round Trip Options" it will re-calculate a fresh return route, ignoring the edited route and waypoint.

Wondering if there could be a simple "Reverse" route option and use the exact same routing on the return as with the outbound?

Aaron
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2019, 07:55 AM   #2
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Neither of the return route options will take waypoints into consideration.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:16 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. Future enhancement perhaps? I used the waypoint function to take an alternate preferred route and would want to make the same route on return without having to manually rebuild. Seems a pretty standard function for GPS units but know this is a little different.

Thanks,
Aaron
Old 08-15-2019, 05:47 AM   #4
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Instead of using a waypoint, zoom in to the map and right-click on the area of deviation you wish to go and create a custom stop instead. Keep the nights at zero. This will force the route in the direction you want to go, without having to drag and create waypoints and I think will provide a valid return route option as well.
Old 08-17-2019, 06:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbucha View Post
Instead of using a waypoint, zoom in to the map and right-click on the area of deviation you wish to go and create a custom stop instead. Keep the nights at zero. This will force the route in the direction you want to go, without having to drag and create waypoints and I think will provide a valid return route option as well.
Will give that a go. Thanks for the tip!
adl320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:54 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by adl320 View Post
Thanks for the reply. Future enhancement perhaps? I used the waypoint function to take an alternate preferred route and would want to make the same route on return without having to manually rebuild. Seems a pretty standard function for GPS units but know this is a little different.

Thanks,
Aaron
Maybe I'm missing something here, but when I select "Round Trip Options" and click on "Mirror Stops Back to Start Point" that is exactly what it does including my waypoints. My trips tend to be short so maybe that is the difference. On a trip with 5 stops and 2 waypoints it exactly mirrored and on a simple one day trip with 2 stops and 5 waypoints it exactly mirrored.
aiken rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 10:40 AM   #7
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

I might need to do some additional testing, perhaps a stealth upgrade slipped in there?
Old 08-26-2019, 08:14 AM   #8
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

It does appear that changes have been made that will take the waypoints into consideration when mirroring the return route automatically.

Tags
route