RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2019, 02:14 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Routing Notifications Offset from Highlighting

I noticed that two of my route segments had the yellow warning explanation points on the route, but that the actual notification in the left column of destination stops was offset by one, like the route highlighting used to be. Following pics show what I am referring to. Note that the 1st destination site associated with the 1st travel segment has both a notification and exclamation point in the route segment. However, the 2nd destination site has no notification even though the highlighted route segment has the warning exclamation point. Just say'n...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Notification Offset 1 from Route Segment - A.gif
Views:	10
Size:	471.5 KB
ID:	251572   Click image for larger version

Name:	Notification Offset 1 from Route Segment - B.gif
Views:	7
Size:	431.7 KB
ID:	251573  

Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2019, 06:47 AM   #2

I believe this is being looked at.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:16 PM   #3
Trip Wizard Support

This happens when the route has a small section that may not be suitable for an RV of your size.

This does not mean that your RV cannot safely travel this route.

It could be due to the residential streets getting to the highway or something similar. In this case, the routing option will switch to standard routing.

In this case, due to the way the routing engine returns the data, we may not be able to pinpoint the section of the route segment that is causing the routing to switch to standard routing.
EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 07:02 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post, but I think that the "No RV Routing Notification" in the Trip Area is being offset one cell (too high) in relation to the route segment that is highlighted. This is depicted better in the three examples that follow. Note that in the 1st picture, there is a "No RV Route Available" notification in the Flying J cell, but the corresponding route segment (which is properly highlighted in the picture) has nothing in it to indicate a RV Routing issue. (Please note also that the part of that segment that is not visible in this picture also does not have any indication of an RV Routing issue.) In the 2nd picture, the Starved Rock SP segment has the same "No RV Routing Available" notification in the Trip Area cell, and the highlighted route segment also has the Exclamation Point midway in the route to indicate the same. And finally in the 3rd picture, the Trip Area cell for Wisconsin Riverside Park does not have a the "No RV Route Available" notification, but the highlighted route clearly has the Exclamation Point mid-route to indicate there is a RV Routing issue. So it looks like the cells in the Trip Area are getting the "No RV Routing Notification" one cell above where they should rightfully be. It's confusing, as I found myself looking for routing issues in segments where none existed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Notification Offset 1 from Route Segment - A.gif
Views:	5
Size:	385.0 KB
ID:	251961   Click image for larger version

Name:	Notification Offset 1 from Route Segment - B.gif
Views:	6
Size:	365.2 KB
ID:	251962  

Name:	Notification Offset 1 from Route Segment - C.gif
Views:	5
Size:	380.5 KB
ID:	251963  
Old 07-03-2019, 08:42 AM   #5
Trip Wizard Support

It should be noting the warning between stops 3 & 4 and stops 4 & 5.

Is it not doing so? If not, I'll login to your account to check, I can see it more easily than in the photos.
EMY92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:14 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks again for your prompt replies. So I'm going to answer your question based on the way I believe things should be working. The warning should show on the Stop in the Trip Area that highlights the travel segment of the map where the identified issue (announced via the Exclamation Point) shows. So in my three examples, the warning notification in stop 3 should instead be for stop 4, because the map segment that's highlighted when you put your cursor over stop 3 does not have the issue, but the segment highlighted when the cursor is placed on stop 4 does have the issue. To that point, stop 5 doesn't contain a warning, yet it's highlighted travel segment clearly does identify that it is segment with the issue. This is further validated by the fact that the specific roads to and from the State Park are the ones causing the issuance of the warnings in the 1st place. So, two Stops are getting warnings, just not the correct two. The two stops corresponding to the highlighted route segments with the RV routing issues should be showing the warning notifications. Hopefully I've explained this better.

Tags
light, cat