RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2019, 10:26 AM   #1

RV Trip Wizard miles question

When I hover on a stop on the map, the information window that comes up will display Miles:xxx in the corner. I can't make any sense out of that number. It seems rather random. Does anyone know what it is supposed to be reporting?

Also, is there somewhere where the trip wizard will report on either the total miles for the trip, the miles from start to a point on the way or the remaining miles on the trip from any stop. I thought that's what that pop-up might be doing but it's not making any sense.

Thanks.

Gail

bubbiebecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2019, 05:20 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbiebecker View Post
Also, is there somewhere where the trip wizard will report on either the total miles for the trip, the miles from start to a point on the way or the remaining miles on the trip from any stop. I thought that's what that pop-up might be doing but it's not making any sense.
Thanks. Gail
Gail, I have noticed the same thing about that "miles" message in the pop-up. Interestingly, just now I looked at a small trip of mine and the word "miles" shows, but not numbers.

At any rate, if you export the trip to Excel (use the wrench to expose the menu) you will see a running total of miles column. You could work with that, if you want other mileage information perhaps.

Mike

Mikes47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 05:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes47 View Post
Gail, I have noticed the same thing about that "miles" message in the pop-up. Interestingly, just now I looked at a small trip of mine and the word "miles" shows, but not numbers.

Mike
Thanks, Mike. The number doesn't always show up immediately but usually will appear after a few seconds.
Old 03-07-2019, 03:18 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
I keep thinking the "miles" are showing how many miles are from the center of the radius of the campground that the radius feature is used on. But sometimes this does not add up correctly.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 03:46 AM   #5

The miles should always be the distance to that campground or feature from your previous stop, specifically the one that is highlighted in the Trip Menu on the left.
pbucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:01 AM   #6

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbucha View Post
The miles should always be the distance to that campground or feature from your previous stop, specifically the one that is highlighted in the Trip Menu on the left.
Just FYI.

Hadn't really noticed the miles being discussed before, but I looked at it this morning and every stop I clicked on showed Miles: 1. This is on a laptop running Chrome in Windows 10.

Same trip on iPad Pro in Chrome all the miles show 714, not a leg distance that's on the trip.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:44 AM   #7

I would love to hear from the developers on this.

Tags
trip wizard