RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2019, 12:51 PM   #99

I'm mostly concerned with a route planner that will reliably avoid low bridges, lightweight bridges, bad roads, etc.
What's the best one for that?

Jim513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2019, 01:22 PM   #100

I use Smart RV route which is like using Smart Truck route for Android. It is a good GPS App for your phone or tablet ( use my Samsung 8' tablet ) and you can upload any RV Trip Wizard plan you have to it. It is not free but they do have a trial version. It sure is accurate and easy to use. Plus has great directions for which way to follow on multiple on and off exits. You do not have to stay connected to the internet.It is is always updating when it has internet access so your maps you download never get old and any routing issue are fixed fast.
Once you get used to it you may not use another. It keeps you out of the wrong places you can't fit and don't want to try. Lets you know ahead of time by 5 miles what rest area, truck stops and any other POI you list for your trip. You can adjust about all the settings to something you like.

Gees went to far with this one. about that. Hope you find one you like .

jturner9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:58 PM   #101

Thanks for the tip, I will check it out!
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:56 AM   #102

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jturner9 View Post
I use Smart RV route which is like using Smart Truck route for Android. It is a good GPS App for your phone or tablet ( use my Samsung 8' tablet ) and you can upload any RV Trip Wizard plan you have to it. It is not free but they do have a trial version. It sure is accurate and easy to use. Plus has great directions for which way to follow on multiple on and off exits. You do not have to stay connected to the internet.It is is always updating when it has internet access so your maps you download never get old and any routing issue are fixed fast.
Once you get used to it you may not use another. It keeps you out of the wrong places you can't fit and don't want to try. Lets you know ahead of time by 5 miles what rest area, truck stops and any other POI you list for your trip. You can adjust about all the settings to something you like.

Gees went to far with this one. about that. Hope you find one you like .
I've looked at this app before but always passed because the website info says an internet connection or cell connection is required for navigation. Has that changed?

For true offline navigation I've found Copilot RV works well.

2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trip wizard