RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2019, 01:11 PM   #1

RVTW locks up on refresh.

I've been using the new RVTW for the last week, and many times when I add a new stop or update fuel info on a station, RVTW locks up during the "reload" process. It always seems to be the "Loading Campgrounds" step. I then have to click "Reload Page" in the browser. to "unstick" it. Does it in both Safari and Firefox (latest updates) on a MacBook Pro.

Anyone else experiencing this annoying behavior?

Mr.Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2019, 01:39 PM   #2

I haven't experienced that yet. We are dealing with a new version so there may be some hiccups along the way. Try making a copy of the trip and see if that clears things up. If not, send a note to RVTW, they respond fairly quickly.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Goodbar View Post
I've been using the new RVTW for the last week, and many times when I add a new stop or update fuel info on a station, RVTW locks up during the "reload" process. It always seems to be the "Loading Campgrounds" step. I then have to click "Reload Page" in the browser. to "unstick" it. Does it in both Safari and Firefox (latest updates) on a MacBook Pro.

Anyone else experiencing this annoying behavior?
I have the same issue on both FF and Chrome for Windows. When it gets to that stage I have to reload the page.
bubbiebecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:37 PM   #4

Happens to me. I use firefox on a Windows 10 PC.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:45 PM   #5

Has anyone reporte this???

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:14 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chindog View Post
Happens to me. I use firefox on a Windows 10 PC.
I use the Edge browser that comes with Windows 10 and don't recall this ever happening to me. Have you tried using Edge? If so has it ever happened to you while using it?
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:21 PM   #7

I haven't tried it with Edge.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:43 AM   #8

Agree 100% with Lockup

I have been trying to like this app and have been trying to incorporate it in my planning for the past 6 weeks. It does not work well with an iPad - continually locks up and requires refresh or restart. It also does not really support downloading to my RV Garmin - and yes I read posts and listened to you tubes. AT THIS POINT UNLESS IT IMPROVES IN THESE AREAS I CANNOT RECOMMEND IT NOR WILL I RENEW
Rvershk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:01 AM   #9

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvershk View Post
I have been trying to like this app and have been trying to incorporate it in my planning for the past 6 weeks. It does not work well with an iPad - continually locks up and requires refresh or restart. It also does not really support downloading to my RV Garmin - and yes I read posts and listened to you tubes. AT THIS POINT UNLESS IT IMPROVES IN THESE AREAS I CANNOT RECOMMEND IT NOR WILL I RENEW
As youíre undoubtedly aware, there are many different versions of iPads, with different processors, memory, browser brands and versions and, possibly, IOS versions and/or IOS settings. Low available memory or a poor internet connection are the most likely reasons for the issues youíre having, not iPads in general.

Iíve run RVTW on an iPad Pro for several years without the problems you seem to be having. I donít use Garmin so I canít address that issue.

Would you post the details about your setup, especially memory, connection speed and browsers used or tried.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:21 AM   #10

Latest iPad Air with latest updates with more than enough speed on WiFi. Glad it works for you but as you see from quite a few others it is not refreshing on our devices. As stated before I would love to see this app updated to work with garmin seamlessly and also refresh correctly with all devices running latest iOS software
Old 07-12-2019, 06:16 AM   #11

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Latest iPad Air with latest updates with more than enough speed on WiFi. Glad it works for you but as you see from quite a few others it is not refreshing on our devices. As stated before I would love to see this app updated to work with garmin seamlessly and also refresh correctly with all devices running latest iOS software
No one else on this thread said theyíre having an issue on an iPad.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Old 07-13-2019, 04:48 AM   #12

I don't want to argue the point. Others have stated that they are having problems with lockup’s and refresh on a variety of systems - I am simply asking that they look into the issue of refresh and rebooting and seamless interaction with garmin. I am glad your iPad Pro is working fine. My iPad Air is not. Wishing you the best on your travels
Old 07-13-2019, 05:27 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have been using RVTW for several years on Windows 10 with both Chrome and Edge. I have experienced the lock-up often when refreshing and, as others have stated, seems to be on the campgrounds. Re-refresh always seems to fix it. I had this both before and after the last updates.
aiken rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 05:42 AM   #14

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I don't want to argue the point. Others have stated that they are having problems with lockup’s and refresh on a variety of systems - I am simply asking that they look into the issue of refresh and rebooting and seamless interaction with garmin. I am glad your iPad Pro is working fine. My iPad Air is not. Wishing you the best on your travels
I’m not arguing about the issue and it’s too bad you choose to see it that way. Neither am I saying you don’t have a problem. But, hardware capabilities, memory, other running software and setup are often the reason an app or software won’t operate correctly on a particular device. If the device is the problem, no updates will fix it. No conclusions can or should be drawn from one data point.

Edit: I just noticed another lock-up thread that’s specifically about iPads. The OP said the problem for him was too little memory.

2016 Ford Edge Titanium