RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2019, 10:50 AM   #1

RVTW Shows No Gas Stations in the Adirondacks

Does anyone notice that according to RVTW there are no gas stations in the Adirondacks? Any idea what that is about?

I would think they would at least show up when MISC fuel brand is selected.

ScenicView is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2019, 11:38 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It seems like they only show guel stations along the interstates.

Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 02:41 PM   #3

Do they only show certain sponsored gas stations namely truck stops? For example, they do not show any of the plaza gas stations on Mass Pike heading west - all of which are very easy for a gasser pulling a long TT to navigate.

This is a real disservice to paying RVTW customers because many of the gas stations they do not show are far easier to navigate pulling a TT with a gasser than any of the sponsored truck stops.

I do like several other things about the RVTW - but bottom line fuel is life and I can't get fuel if I can't find gasser friendly gas stations along my route.
ScenicView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 04:21 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
there are gas stations in many of the towns (Saranac Lake, supper Lake, Lake Placid, Elizabethtown, Chestertown, Warrensburg, Lake George, Bolton landing) just to name a few. Google map it.
Tetonchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 05:43 PM   #5

Fuel Stops

Don't worry Lake George has many stations that you can fit in.Have a Ford F350 Super Crew and made it in with a 37 Footer. Thruway is no problem, but price is higher.
retiredusps6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:21 PM   #6

When looking for diesel fuel, there are a lot of areas where the RVTW stations don't show on the map. We usually stop at Pilot/Flying J or Love's truck stops. We travel frequently in WI, and MN and the chains Kwik Trip, Centex, and Holiday don't show on the map. Also, in FL, the chains Speedway and Race Trac don't show. I use Gas Buddy to locate stations along my route where there aren't truck stops. Then if you type in the name of the station in the Search box you can add the station as a stop and it behaves like any other station. Since we have a 26' class C with toad, I check the maneuverability by doing Google Map search and switching to Satellite view to verify accessibility.

I would like to see more of the regional chains added to RVTW, but it hasn't happened, yet.

Mr.Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas