Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2019, 07:54 PM   #1

RVTW vs Rvparky?

I read that Rvparky might have just gotten bought, and when that happens you never know what they might do with it. So as I am about to embark on a 4-6 month trip to Alaska I thought I would look at RVTW again. First thing I noticed there is nothing to suggest big rigs will fit in a campground, so I cannot filter on them. Second is the first couple of campgrounds I was going to setup weren't available.

I was thinking for $40 it would be a lot better than the free one I am using. -Bill
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2019, 07:08 AM   #2

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBillSD View Post
I read that Rvparky might have just gotten bought, and when that happens you never know what they might do with it. So as I am about to embark on a 4-6 month trip to Alaska I thought I would look at RVTW again. First thing I noticed there is nothing to suggest big rigs will fit in a campground, so I cannot filter on them. Second is the first couple of campgrounds I was going to setup weren't available.

I was thinking for $40 it would be a lot better than the free one I am using. -Bill
Click on the "research" button on the lower right edge of the screen; it can be hard to see on a tablet. You'll get a fly-out with all of the filters, including one for big rigs. Even with that filter set I always check a CG's website before planning a stay at a particular CG.

I don't understand the meaning of CGs not available. Not on the map or something else?
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:14 PM   #3

Ah, found the Big Rig filter. Odd, but none of the parks that are Big Rig friendly filtered in have that show up in the parks "features". So it appears the only way to tell if its big rig friendly is to use the filter. I am assuming that.s a bug as it should have that listed for each site you look at.

As for the missing CG. I tried to find a campsite I had picked on RVparky and set it up in RVTW but there was no Icon for it so it couldn't be added to the trip. The campground was listed on the underlying map as a campground but RVTW didn't know about it. They should write a script against the underlying map and add all the campgrounds listed that they are missing. If I found one on my first look, there are bound to be a lot more. -Bill
2006 Allegro Bus 40 QDP IFS, 8.9L Vmspec, 1.5kw Solar + 400w Suitcase, 2@ 50amp & a 30amp Victron Smart MPPT's, 712BMV, SBS, CerboGX, 8.7kw LiFePo4, RR, MS2812, Max Transit, eero 6+ Mesh WiFi, Roof Mounted Starlink In-Motion dishy
BigBillSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:16 PM   #4
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Don't forget to go to Settings > Memberships and Favorites and add any missing categories. You might also check that the Show Only Preferred Campgrounds is NOT checked.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:13 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via MSN to sailsam Send a message via Yahoo to sailsam
When you find a campground on RVTripWizard that you are interested in ALWAYS check the particular campground website because often the features listed by RVTW have not been updated. And then when you make reservations do it by telephone and ask specifically about and features that are "deal breakers" for you. We have been to parks where the siming pool has failed and is empty waiting for repair, where the pool is seasonal and isn't stated as such, where the 50 amp spaces are already occupied, etc. And we have only been full timing since June 2015 and moving only about 200 miles once a week. And we do NOT have the Travelmaster as shown, we have a 2017 KZ travel trailer